Mariah Carey - The Rarities OUT NOW

she's lipping artfully to a pre-record right? sounding good though!

Someone on a podcast floated the idea of a Slipping Away ft. Ariana Grande and I transcended

*due to chart potential only

Press release with some bits and bobs

EfzIQmWXkAE4oIm

EfzIRZhWsAIyaWc

Also the Japanese edition will have a Blu-Ray of the concert as a regional exclusive

If it really is all unreleased stuff and if it is heavy on the early era, it could be REALLY QUITE GOOD.

Kindacool, "hun", I was a Mariah fan before you had even heard of her, "hun". Sadly, she jumped off a cliff with Glitter and, with the exception of Emancipation of Mimi, has rarely come close to her top years.

Vocally, for sure. Creatively, no. You'd be in the minority because Caution was a critical smash, both lyrically and sonically. And easily superior to some of her earlier works.

Also, I only heard about Mariah, like in 2000. So you're not exactly saying much. It doesn't really mean much.

I mean some of her earlier stuff only sounds good now because her vocals were brilliant.

Songs like "Never Forget You" and "You Need Me" I could only enjoy because of her peak vocals. If they were recorded with any other voice...not so much.

Caution is DREARY, but I accept I’m in the minority.

If anyone thinks Charmbracelet and Memoirs are anything other than mediocre DROSS, they’re deluded.

It's when she realized she was a POC that went to shit for MOST fanz, so yeah, constantly featuring rappers wasn't appealing to the general public?

If anyone thinks Charmbracelet and Memoirs are anything other than mediocre DROSS, they’re deluded.

Betcha Gon' Know, H.A.T.E.U, Obsessed, Standing O, Inseparable, Angels Cry, Through The Rain, Bringin On The Heartbreak, etc. are mediocre dross?

i feel abused by this opinion. i hereby proclaim Sheena as the Ellen DeGeneres of Moopy (in the Mimi topic anyway).

Caution is DREARY, but I accept I’m in the minority.

Memoirs is my favourite Mariah album, with Caution and Butterfly rounding out the top three.

I agree Charmbracelet is hard work though

Memoirs is quite mediocre to be fair. It plods along nicely enough melodically, but that tinny plinky plonk production from Tricky Stewart that PLAGUES every song bar two... no thanks

Anyone who likes it more than Emancipation must be deeply troubled.

Memoirs is gorgeous but there are definitely some fillers there. Ribbon I cannot listen to.

More Than Just Friends is one of her most underrated songs though, never gets enough(/any) credit. The LYRICISM!

I thought I'd be with you but you never tried to holla
We can spend a couple milli actin' silly in Milano
Boy, hit your horn, beep beep, I'll follow
Have you up in my driveway by tomorrow
Secretly, I know you want to hit it like the lotto
And after that, we can ketchup like tomato
We can make love in Italy in the grotto
Fresh off the jet, at The Met they screaming bravo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom