Mariah Carey - The Rarities OUT NOW

For me it's Candy Bling. It's THAT bitch.

The lyrics are so sweet.

"And way back when it was the simple things,
anklets, nameplates that you gave to me..."

Reactions: dUb
The lyrical masterpiece, however, is LANGUISHING.

Those are some of the most gorgeous lyrics she's ever written, along with Petals, The Roof and Fourth of July.

The lyrical masterpiece, however, is LANGUISHING.

Those are some of the most gorgeous lyrics she's ever written, along with Petals, The Roof and Fourth of July.
I was obsessed with Languishing from the off, it’s just stunning

More Than Just Friends is one of her most underrated songs though, never gets enough(/any) credit. The LYRICISM!

I thought I'd be with you but you never tried to holla
We can spend a couple milli actin' silly in Milano
Boy, hit your horn, beep beep, I'll follow
Have you up in my driveway by tomorrow
Secretly, I know you want to hit it like the lotto
And after that, we can ketchup like tomato
We can make love in Italy in the grotto
Fresh off the jet, at The Met they screaming bravo

SHAKESPEARE
TENNYSON
CAREY

boy yooooooooooouuuu
you don't know how it feels
when you whisper in my ear

:disco:

i can understand the 'tinny plinky plonk' production not being everyone's cup of tea though.

Growing increasingly concerned that there's going to be some album tracks on this :gross:

Why else would she perform Close My Eyes :bruised:

The Rarities is a compilation of fan favorites, rare songs and unreleased gems, all hand-picked by Mariah herself. In addition, the second disc is the never before released full length audio from Live at the Tokyo Dome, Mariah’s first concert performance in Japan in support of her 1996 Daydream World Tour.

Growing increasingly concerned that there's going to be some album tracks on this :gross:

Why else would she perform Close My Eyes :bruised:

The Rarities is a compilation of fan favorites, rare songs and unreleased gems, all hand-picked by Mariah herself. In addition, the second disc is the never before released full length audio from Live at the Tokyo Dome, Mariah’s first concert performance in Japan in support of her 1996 Daydream World Tour.

She wouldn’t do that to the lambs...would she? I mean if songs are “fan favorites”, it’s because the fans already own them! :oi:

Oh we all know it’s going to basically be Sunflowers for Alfred Roy but let’s not pretend we still won’t salivate at the thought :disco:

This is a woman who's flabbergasted when her biggest fans know non-singles from her most successful albums... :D:bruised:

Let's hope for 10+ new (or new to streaming) moments

Fan favourites could just mean Slipping Away and that other one whose name escapes me

Credits ahoy!

image0.png

Last edited:
track 11 is definitely something Emancipation-era right? It has the exact same co-writer credits as It's Like That

According to PJ, 3 is Do You Think Of Me and 7 is Slipping Away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom