MOOPY ALBUM SYNC LISTENS #5 - MARIAH CAREY - BUTTERFLY - 8PM TUESDAY 05/05

WHO actually did request this?

WHAT A TROLL

Reactions: Zu
Fourth of July constantly moves up the list on this album for me. Such a sexy number.

If we get Butterfly to number one... we'll be LAMBS

This thread :D

anyway, this album IS very good. The Roof is a very clever song. Whenever You Call happens to be my favourite Mariah song, although I prefer the Rosie Ribbons version from Pop Idol Week 1.

I can't imagine The Roof being a lead single, it wouldn't have hit as hard as Honey

"The Roof" is magical. I don't think I've heard a more perfect R&B song.

"And I was twisted in my web of desire for you"

It was 1997, the competition was fierce, we weren't necessarily here for slinky RnB numbers

Fourth of July is beautiful, @Zu-Klara i hope you at least got a roll of andrex for the trade

Everything past "Honey" was pretty much almost completely sabotaged by Tommy Mottola because of the messy divorce. Her label especially hated "The Roof"

I like the production on "The Roof" but "Fourth of July" is truly by the numbers toilet paper thin r&b tat.

And this one is FAR WORSE

It's all such a EFFORT.

She had good RnB moments but this album wasn't there yet. It's so inbetween early Mariah and latino Mariah and just doesn't HIT.

I assume no lambs will be rushing in to CONDEMN such opinions since they couldn't even be bothered to turn up for THEIR OWN EVENT (aka who else wanted it?!)

I bought two copies of the Australian Breakdown CD single in a charity shop about three months ago in a “3 for 50p” sale and sold both for £25ish on Discogs.

The third CD was a reissue of Ace of Base’s Flowers that had Every Time It Rains tagged onto it and replaced my original release, so MONEY WELL SPENT.

See I quite like the album after many years. Some of the ballads are boring but Honey and The Roof are top notch. Noted NZ top 5 Breakdown was also a random hit here that charter approximately no where else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom