MOOPY ALBUM SYNC LISTENS #5 - MARIAH CAREY - BUTTERFLY - 8PM TUESDAY 05/05

I was tempted to join this but then I put What Would The Neighbours Say by Girls Aloud on and, y’know...

Anyway, I’m not listening, but the album is great, the first two singles less so. Honey is good rather than fantastic, Butterfly is dreary shite.

But My All (both main mixes) and The Roof are both FANTASTIC.

Babydoll is a bit by numbers

Look guys I'm always up for reassessing music I dismissed before but there's just so little here.

Well it was very much OF ITS TIME :eyes:

To be fair I've never liked it when she did this - somehow it was better for a couple of albums in the 00s. Somehow

I do sympathise with the lambs and their enduring love for this.

It’s like when I listen back to the first couple of Mandy Moore albums. Objectively I KNOW they’re utter shit, but they really represent a place and time in my life.

It’s like when I listen back to the first couple of Mandy Moore albums. Objectively I KNOW they’re utter shit, but they really represent a place and time in my life.
This is what I presumed.

Whenever You Call is fine. Thankfully the second half is far less terrible.

Funnily enough (since it's more interesting than whatever is raping my ears in a caressing sort of way) I was playing lots of old Mandy Moore recently and "In My Pocket" really was the hit that was stolen from her.

But I really like her new stuff - not outstanding no, but I was quite impressed. I was tempted to enter one, I can't remember what, in Kalavision for borderline trolling purposes (but also because it was actually good :D)

Reactions: VoR
I bloody LOVED Whenever You Call by the way.

Apart from a few songs (and Honey is a POP song) at this point I just hated R&B Mariah, and only came to like it in the mid-00s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom