Moopyvision Karaoke Contest 2020 - The Results

The ALBAM deal I had with Lil Lou Records fell through because I finished second :(

Personally I look forward to you going full Dima Bilan levels of overboard for your comeback entry.

@dUb Was there someone in the next room when you were recording your deservedly Grand Prix snatching performance? I felt like you could have upped the lung power somewhat and were holding back a little (and I’m certainly not being shady, especially not after receiving that lovely photo album :disco:)
Thanks so much for the question!

I think I was fairly uninhibited during the recording process but I was conscious of not just shouting the whole time. I have some takes that are louder but definitely sound worse. They’re included in the $150 tier on my Patreon.

Personally I look forward to you going full Dima Bilan levels of overboard for your comeback entry.

Risky.

I wouldn't want to accidentally cut my arms off with those ice skates :(

Thanks so much for the question!

I think I was fairly uninhibited during the recording process but I was conscious of not just shouting the whole time. I have some takes that are louder but definitely sound worse. They’re included in the $150 tier on my Patreon.

:D Yes, I suppose that shouting the whole time might not have made for the best outcome :tongueout:

Oh wow it’s only just occurred to me that we might indeed get ALBAMS from our top three, even if Lil Lou have rather ungraciously binned @SDF. Never mind, there’s always Red Girl :disco:

Goodness me :D

where to start?
@COB of course amazing and this was a great Moopy event for the ages that (almost) didn’t descend into bitchy drama and all the better for it!

Condragulations @dUb , I couldn’t match the production qualities, and your Just Dance interpreter interpretation was one for the ages. That combo of the lunge at the screen and the hand on the heart :D

@Iguana You had the only song I’d never heard before and a lovely one it was. Just magnifique!

@SDF you gave the best glory notes, and made a good choice of picking a song that could easily be improved! I’m probably rewriting history a bit but I always think of you as ex-CFR so it was so lovely to see you power through the PERF!

Third alternate isn’t a bad result all things said and done, and I’ve learned that I need to pick a song I can sing with a bit more confidence next time, not knowing a word of Italian 2 weeks ago. I’m already brewing some ideas for the next one :disco:

Congratulations to my other competitors too. We were a varied bunch this time, but we are unity and we are UNSTOPPABLE :amlife:

Goodness me :D

where to start?
@COB of course amazing and this was a great Moopy event for the ages that (almost) didn’t descend into bitchy drama and all the better for it!

Condragulations @dUb , I couldn’t match the production qualities, and your Just Dance interpreter interpretation was one for the ages. That combo of the lunge at the screen and the hand on the heart :D

@Iguana You had the only song I’d never heard before and a lovely one it was. Just magnifique!

@SDF you gave the best glory notes, and made a good choice of picking a song that could easily be improved! I’m probably rewriting history a bit but I always think of you as ex-CFR so it was so lovely to see you power through the PERF!

Third alternate isn’t a bad result all things said and done, and I’ve learned that I need to pick a song I can sing with a bit more confidence next time, not knowing a word of Italian 2 weeks ago. I’m already brewing some ideas for the next one :disco:

Congratulations to my other competitors too. We were a varied bunch this time, but we are unity and we are UNSTOPPABLE :amlife:

Thanks Mr Dids! I'm AMAZED you don't speak Italian and you did THAT perf. How did you learn the lyrics? You reeled them off so fluently!

You were my 7 points and you would have got my 8 points if you'd only got your arms out :love:

It is PURE COINCIDENCE that they both gave me douze points, but rewatching the results show, I just love the results from @Chlammy and @Pingu.

@Chlammy were you speaking a little softly because your dad was within earshot? Love the overall message and the tears!

@Pingu I heard a rumour you won this competition 6 years in a row, could you confirm pls?

Other notable moments...

@Diddy, love the flag prop. But it did limit your ability to give 12 points to non-UK entries

@SDF you certainly know how to flirt with the camera don't you?

@COB getting his helmet out again

@Kate not sounding anything like I'd imagined but sounding fabulous

@Kalabaliken calling from "the more desirable side" of Glasgow :D

@OutSynk's "Please appreciate my votes, which are coming now"

It is PURE COINCIDENCE that they both gave me douze points, but rewatching the results show, I just love the results from @Chlammy and @Pingu.

@Chlammy were you speaking a little softly because your dad was within earshot? Love the overall message and the tears!

I think my sister was about but it's probably just that I have a soft speaking voice to be honest.

@Iguana I just had a thought, if @Tisch HAD voted and gave you his 12, you'd have at least finished second :eyes:

Reactions: dUb
But in all seriousness I'm MOST happy with my placing, I was hoping for a top 5 finish and I'm delighted for everyone else too

In 1988 Lara was coming 1st for part of the results, and then ended up coming 4th, so I felt there was some connection there. She went on to become a multi million selling recording artist so I'm pretty hopeful for my future right now :disco:

Last edited:
@Iguana the flag was just convenient, I was going to make flags for my top 3 and take off layers to reveal them, but I didn’t have a good yellow pen for Ukraine, and I made yours but realised you weren’t France so I just said bollocks to it.

I think we didn’t win because of our foreign language choices. Racist Moopy strikes again

I was getting to this, but I wanted to make a list without missing anyone to comment on the vote presentation.

@ZenGiraffe sending Isabelle :D
@Kate from Corbynistia!
Goodness @Pingu went on didn’t he?
@SDF and his ludicrous muscle pose
I always thought @Raining On Me ’s avatar was Tina S Club
@Kalabaliken the inevitable singing commentator (Kalala)
various pronunciations of Seaweej, even from @cwej , that’s not what I thought it was!
@Suomi as Texas Pete was a trip
@nerys back to my scrapbook of Faith Brown press clippings(?!)

And of course @Alla was a production :D the reveal! Viva Espana! You and COB are the video masters :D please teach me

Last edited:
I was just having a nose through the Karaoke 2014 thread and Dinlo used the phrase WHIFF OF THE SOUK :o

who knew it has been going on that long!

Reactions: COB
So what would we like as a follow-up? Bearing in mind that it won't be happening for a while, and when it does it'll take place over a longer period (as I I'm technically back at work from this week and will be gradually spending more and more time on site):
  • Moopyvision Karaoke national final edition - same as this, but you have to cover songs from national finals (Melodifestivalen etc) that DIDN'T quality for Eurovision.
  • Moopyvision Karaoke 2020 edition - didn't we just do this? Sort of, but this would be restricted to 2020 entries only (as nobody actually picked any for this!).
  • The Moopy Factor - not Eurovision themed at all, multiple themed 'weeks' with eliminations

Quite frankly I'm here for WHATEVER you choose to BESTOW upon us.

But I guess those likely to take part ought to decide, as we want as many as possible.

Moopy Factor seems like a lot of work though (for you, I'll happily scream at the top of my lungs until the police come round)

I genuinely would love a ONE OFF special, like the Solo Spice Girls, I'm learning ANGLES IN CHAINZ right now x

I’m here for the NF losers edition or 2020 edition (but maybe there isn’t much drive for this year’s songs as you said nobody tried to cover them)

I’m with Iggy that a singular event (perhaps quarterly or something) would be an easier commitment.

I’d like some sort of theme though, not just carte blanche

Reactions: COB
OMG which one of you will be begging on the lawn in the video? :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom