New Year Honours 2024

Madíson

Everything goes up by six
Pronouns
He/Him
Dame Jilly Cooper, Sir Sajid Javid and Sir Tim Wetherspoons:

If you needed any further confirmation that our Royal Family were BREXIT supporters :manson:

Surprised it took so long for my favourite pickled Tory

5BE2AF49-E131-43C1-9CFE-3CEEB1D0BA55.jpeg

Interesting to find out that Michael Eavis is a toadying bastard. Did we know this already and I just missed it?

Yes, anyone accepting one of these wicked trinkets must, unfortunately (in the case of Kylie :(), be taken to the guillotine when the revolution comes

This is probably worth scouring for Deathlist 2024 - there's usually a bit of quick give 'em something before they croak.

Urgh, I missed these political knighthoods for Tory MPs:

Sir David Davis, Sir Liam Fox, Sir Jeremy Quin, Dame Karen Bradley

We also had Liz Truss’s resignation honours, but they are largely dull:

It's outrageous, but entirely in-keeping, that a 42-day Prime Minister who pulled a "YOU CAN'T FIRE ME, I QUIT!" still gets to give Resignation Honours.

The lettuce earned them more :evil:

I read there’s the usual MILD BACKLASH against Truss just nominating a bunch of mates and people who supported her politically.

Why does the country just roll their eyes and accept this elitism and nepotism? Changing the rules on this would be a good place to start. We can’t jail ALL of them but this is something that could actually be fixed quite easily if it was pushed for

Take it as read that he can’t be trusted yada yada yada, but Sir Keir Starmer has long ago ruled out producing resignation honours if he became PM (and implied he would block Sunak resignation honours to some extent).

I'm surprised icon turned GB News rent-a-gob Lizzy Cundy didn't finally get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom