POP!'s Top 150 ANTM Photos - YOU WANNA BE ON TOP?

STARRING: NAIMA MORA (CYCLE 4)

I seem to recall the judges not liking this one. I love her pose and ethereal look here. I forget which judge but someone said she was too chubby. :manson:

ANTM-Naima12-Anton-Robert.jpg

Absolutely stunning. Naima was my favourite winner. She was a bit aloof but still had such a charisma.

ANTM WORST PHOTOS - PART 1

6. KELLE JACOB

Did it get her eliminated? No!
tumblr_olyqsdJisp1w6pb3no1_1280.jpg

7. MEGG MORALES

Did it get her eliminated? Yes!

xpj6wc37hve51.jpg

8. MOLLY O'CONNELL

Did it get her eliminated? No! (to be fair, this is really only relative to her other pictures which are amaze)

5559785820-54da852f7a-c.jpg

9. DOMINIQUE REIGHARD

That hair post-first makeove :D

ANTM-Dominique04-George-Holz.jpg

10. CHELSEY HERSLEY

I generally like her but this came out very drag. I don't really blame her though as much as I do the makeup artist.

5-BANTM5-D-Chelsey05-28-Matthew-Rolston29.jpg

I hope we get to see more of the wonderful Dominique who was unfairly eliminated on All Stars cycle.

Surprised at how many of these I remember. I wonder how many were taken by Tyra herself? :eyes:

I hope Analeigh Tipton features. I remember loving the photoshoot her cycle where they were in water, and hers in particular.

I hope Analeigh Tipton features. I remember loving the photoshoot her cycle where they were in water, and hers in particular.
One of my favourite shoots. Lauren Brie's photo in particular is amazing but most of them have really good shots.
i was gonna day, isn’t she in jail? I also don’t think Jael faired well.
Last I heard a few months ago was that was out, but then had a domestic abuse incident with her boyfriend which broke her parole conditions and she was back in.

Edit: Jael has died :(

I think cycle 8 has the most troubled cast. Renee and Jael in particular were so sad to keep tabs on post-show.
Jael being outed on national TV as having a serious drug problem was just HORRIBLE, and she clearly didn't want to be involved with the whole thing herself. :(

Edit: Jael has died :(
Jael (C8) and Kimberly (C10) died. The latter killed herself. :(

one of the contestants from cycles 20-22 (forget who) got shot and killed a few months after her cycle IIRC.

One of my favourite shoots. Lauren Brie's photo in particular is amazing but most of them have really good shots.

Last I heard a few months ago was that was out, but then had a domestic abuse incident with her boyfriend which broke her parole conditions and she was back in.
I think it was her gf? She’s a lez now . Not that it makes the incident any less unfortunate.

her appearance on Modelville (an ANTM spin-off featured on Tyra’s talk show in 2008 ish) was the beginning of the downward spiral, I think. She placed second and broke down into tears , like uncomfortably so, after losing. I will find video.

I think it was her gf? She’s a lez now . Not that it makes the incident any less unfortunate.

her appearance on Modelville (an ANTM spin-off featured on Tyra’s talk show in 2008 ish) was the beginning of the downward spiral, I think. She placed second and broke down into tears , like uncomfortably so, after losing. I will find video.
Whoops I straightwashed her!

I know the Modelville video in question. I laughed at it at the time because it was SUCH a shitty concept and prize, but she so desperately wanted it to ber her consolation prize for not winning Top Model.

In hindsight, you're right the overreaction was definitely actually quite uncomfortable.

For anyone who has not seen:

You want to feel for her and then she says “I feel like I did the best— I mean Dominique you did good too...” :D

I almost want to re-watch everything, but I don’t know if I could cope with Tyra, Janice and Nigel. They were really terrible and only got worse with time.

Aw I didn’t know about Kimberley cycle 10, that’s really sad.
Apparently there was a lot of suicide in her family. And her boyfriend (I think) committed suicide right before she went on the show, which she revealed as the real reason she quit when she went on Tyra show after the fact.

I almost want to re-watch everything, but I don’t know if I could cope with Tyra, Janice and Nigel. They were really terrible and only got worse with time.
On a related note, I think Janice is the best judge. She had the best critiques and was best for TV. I warmed to Twiggy but if she said “those PIERCING eyes” one more fucking time.... and she has been criticized in recent years given the fact that she exclusively championed white women during her five cycles. I was quite fond of Paulina but she became quite rude (not in a constructive way like Janice) and would play favorites toward the end. Her going on TV right after she got fired and calling Tyra out was quite a moment. :D

ANTM BEING PROBLEMATIC SERIES: CLIP #1

STARRING: YAYA, THE AFRICAN HAT, AND RACIST GUEST HOST REBECCA WEINBERG (CYCLE 3)

DRAMATIC cutaway to Tyra (fake) acting disgusted at 0:55 :D

OMFG.

STARRING: ALEXANDRA UNDERWOOD (CYCLE 14)

She was a bit of a wet blanket but probably the first plus size model on the show who could actually take a great picture and wasn't hateable (I see you Whitney Cycle 10). Such a classic beauty.

Hobits-vs-Models-During-this-week-s-photo-shoot-Tyra-goes-behind-the-camera-with-the-final-five-mode.jpg

Plus size! Are you fucking serious!

On a related note, I think Janice is the best judge. She had the best critiques and was best for TV. I warmed to Twiggy but if she said “those PIERCING eyes” one more fucking time.... and she has been criticized in recent years given the fact that she exclusively championed white women during her five cycles. I was quite fond of Paulina but she became quite rude (not in a constructive way like Janice) and would play favorites toward the end. Her going on TV right after she got fired and calling Tyra out was quite a moment. :D

Oh I have totally forgotten Twiggy. I remember her once saying that one of the girls (Jade?) was too much Scary Spice for her liking. :D

oh yes Janice was GOLD.

However the absolutely most rotten judge was that older unpleasant woman that was on the US vs UK cycle. Couldn’t even finish watching all of it and that was when I stopped watching the show.

However the absolutely most rotten judge was that older unpleasant woman that was on the US vs UK cycle. Couldn’t even finish watching all of it and that was when I stopped watching the show.
Kelly Cutrone? I didn’t mind her as a judge but she was clearly intentionally mean for TV and it didn’t always translate well. Rob Evans and BRYANBOY from C19 were also insufferable.

Janice was absolutely not constructive. Saying one girl looked like a child prostitute and making another hop on one leg and laugh out loud in front the other girls to help her overcome her shyness. Agree that she was and always will be absolute gold. :D

Kelly Cutrone was just thoroughly unpleasant throughout.

The worst judge moment for me though was when that photographer called Chantelle/Winnie Harlow a COW and then got angry at her for asking politely that he didn't call her that! :D / :argh:

Janice was absolutely not constructive. Saying one girl looked like a child prostitute and making another hop on one leg and laugh out loud in front the other girls to help her overcome her shyness. Agree that she was and always will be absolute gold. :D

Kelly Cutrone was just thoroughly unpleasant throughout.
Perhaps constructive is not the right word but she always had TASTE and championed the best girls (incidentally they always came in 2nd or 3rd):eyes:

I love how Mercedes revealed that Janice informed her off camera before the finale that she wasn’t the winner so she offered her hairstylist to do Mercedes hair before the finale :D

Anyway, my favourite was always Mr Jay. There was a time I thought he was the hottest man on the planet. :eyes:

ANTM BEING PROBLEMATIC SERIES: CLIP #1

STARRING: YAYA, THE AFRICAN HAT, AND RACIST GUEST HOST REBECCA WEINBERG (CYCLE 3)

DRAMATIC cutaway to Tyra (fake) acting disgusted at 0:55 :D

This the ugliest TV I've ever seen. It's truly revolting :D

It just makes me more and more confident that Naomi is never wrong about anything.

STARRING: HANNAH JONES (CYCLE 16)

She sure was WHINY but she occasionally drew a great shot.

5-BANTM5-D-Hannah08-28-Michael-Wooley29.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom