RPDR UKvTW - Episode 4

They should treat this as the 'All Stars 1' of the concept, and really rethink it for next time they try it - just grafting the existing All Stars format onto it doesn't feel like a good fit, and there should be a prize befitting the supposed stakes of the contest.
Someone on Twitter said that the final and prize of the season should be more like The Apprentice to get around the BBC’s determination to give these queens no cash prize for competing which I thought was a great idea.

Also AGREED that once they are done with the alleged Winners Only season of All Stars, all All Stars should be this international version but with less of a HOKEY format.

Reactions: COB
WHY do they not receive a cash prize? I watched In It To Win It on enough occasions - living the life, living the life :disco: - to know that the BBC do offer cash prizes, unless the money from lottery tickets went towards the prizes and NOT charities, in which case I want a refund AND free Iceland vouchers

They should treat this as the 'All Stars 1' of the concept, and really rethink it for next time they try it - just grafting the existing All Stars format onto it doesn't feel like a good fit, and there should be a prize befitting the supposed stakes of the contest.
I presume the thing being decided by Ru rather than viewers makes it impossible for it to be eligible for a proper monetary prize under BBC rules - and that it'd be basically impossible to do the show as a live week-on-week thing with a public vote without it becoming exceptionally shoddy.

WHY do they not receive a cash prize? I watched In It To Win It on enough occasions - living the life, living the life :disco: - to know that the BBC do offer cash prizes, unless the money from lottery tickets went towards the prizes and NOT charities, in which case I want a refund AND free Iceland vouchers
I assume you can only win cash prizes if a. it's up for a public vote or b. there are really obvious objective standards for what gets the win (i.e. getting all the answers right), to stop there being stitch-ups.

I presume the thing being decided by Ru rather than viewers makes it impossible for it to be eligible for a proper monetary prize under BBC rules - and that it'd be basically impossible to do the show as a live week-on-week thing with a public vote without it becoming exceptionally shoddy.
That could be it - in which case take it off the BBC, get WOW to produce it and stick it on Paramount+ or whatever :disco:

That could be it - in which case take it off the BBC, get WOW to produce it and stick it on Paramount+ or whatever :disco:
There's absolutely no chance in hell the BBC are getting rid of iPlayer's crown jewel!

There's absolutely no chance in hell the BBC are getting rid of iPlayer's crown jewel!
They can obviously have Drag Race UK! And in a few years I'm sure there'll be potential for a UK Allstars as well.

I just think surely any international competition should have a bit of prestige about it!

Reactions: COB
As a side note, once España have done a few more seasons I'd be well up for a separate, Spanish-language international All Stars. There are enough queens who speak it across the US, Canada and UK versions to make it viable, I reckon!

I'm sure I read there is already a Canada vs The World in the offing

I think that is the intention - the UK just happens to be the first host nation. I would love a series hosted by Brooke Lynn and crew!

To think we were deprived another Jimbo snatch game for this!

For a show that manages to manipulate every damn angle and storyline they want, it's funny how the one thing they can't seem to manipulate is for the actual TALENTED QUEENS on top form to, you know, DO WELL in the competition :manson:

Stupid rules of course, but Ru's obvious dismay at Pangina leaving was hardly helped by putting four of them in the bottom. As much as Mariah was a ropey snatch game, it would have been quite feasible to say the bottom 2 were Janey and Juju. So why he risked the only person competing I don't know.

Obviously the poison train of voting out the strongest has taken hold, too. As much as Jimbo is a horrific loss, he got that ball rolling. Cue Pangina getting revenge and then Blu stupidly taking up the baton in typically disingenuous try-hard Blu style. In fairness to Blu she at least seems to be IN THE ROOM unlike Juju, Mo and Baga, but I can't stand how false it is. She's reading the drag race template and it's boring as fuck.

As for snatch, yeah Blu probably had that. Forgetting the character he was quick in his responses at least.

Baga - I've defended her, in the sense I genuinely think she wasn't bottom 3 the last 3 weeks - but very much third from bottom each time by sheer luck and scraping by - however that snatch wasn't it. Better than everyone except Blu yes, but it was mostly just Misery quotes. She didn't seem into it to me. So without a killer Baga comedy moment, why are we even here?

Despite this nonsense I'm still enjoying it :D Jimbo and Pangina's careers won't suffer. Not sure I'd want to be the one left out of this coasting lot to take that CROWN OF SHAME to be honest.

Thailand vs The World for me please :disco:

MV5BNzc2ZTQ1YjMtM2MyZC00MmI4LWIxMzctNDVlOGE1NDBjMmZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDg4MTk5NA@@._V1_.jpg

With Queen Natalia JUDGING :disco:

I kind of want Juju to win now, just for this to be the thing that finally gets her a crown would be quite amusing.

I like Mo too much for her to have this albatross round her neck

Well this was quite the ending :D

I don’t think Pangina can complain too much though, as she practically did the same to Jimbo. It’s just shame that the two most insufferable queens were on top this week. The best bit iwas watching Blu realising how her decision blew up in her her face.

I know she was the worst this week, but I’m glad Janey is still in the competition. And same for Juju of course.

She’s beautiful, hard working and doesn’t mince her words. What else could we ask for?

She also reminds me of Trinity the Tuck.

She’s beautiful, hard working and doesn’t mince her words. What else could we ask for?

She also reminds me of Trinity the Tuck.

She’s the definition of just fine. There’s nothing offensive but nothing terribly exciting.

I really don’t get the Blu hate. She was definitely the best in the Snatch Game- it’s fine to use catchphrases if you’re actually going to be able to respond and bat back at Ru and Dr Evil was actually really good I thought. I'm also not really annoyed by her.

Having said all of that, she really didn't think through the Pangina choice, did she? LOL! That's going to bite her on the arse BADLY. POOR Pangina. The most likeable (and seemingly talented) of the season and to go down like that really seems unfair. Yes, also hoping for a mirror crack moment, but it doesn't feel like there's going to be anything that interesting happening this season, which is a shame. It now all feels TERRIBLY lacklustre and, yes, a Jujubee win would be INCREDIBLE for just that reason. Mo is coasting, Baga is actively poor (though the Snatch Game was a brief reprieve and there were a couple of good lines, the runway was TERRIBLE and WTF was she wearing for the lip sync?), Juju, well, we've all been there before, Janey I love, but was REALLY rubbish this week (I also thought the runway was overrated) and, frankly, I think Blu is actually the LEADER at the moment. What absolute SHITE :D

Finally, that lipsync was APPALLING. The song itself was pretty rubbish as a lipsync number, but both Baga and Blu looked bored and half arsed. I really thought it might be a Ru and Michelle "MEH" moment so was amazed when it seemed to go down well.

Still loving the series overall, but like many others, it's a sour taste in the mouth with what is going on right now. Pity.

As a side note, once España have done a few more seasons I'd be well up for a separate, Spanish-language international All Stars. There are enough queens who speak it across the US, Canada and UK versions to make it viable, I reckon!
Oh wow that's a fantastic idea :o Gia Gunn is all they need to make this the best thing ever :disco:

She’s the definition of just fine. There’s nothing offensive but nothing terribly exciting.

In this season that has been enough to be among the front runners. In her original season she definitely stood out.
But compared to the best (American) queens, she’s of course just fine.

Presumably the ones who weren’t in a RuPaul series started from a lower base?

Presumably the ones who weren’t in a RuPaul series started from a lower base?

This was the count on the day of the first episode

1.1m Jujubee
741k Monique
475k Baga Chipz
380k Blu Hydrangea
313k Jimbo
297k Cheryl Hole
291k Lemon
238k Pangina Heals
59k Janey Jacké

UGH this series really is CURSED if we didn't realise already. It's just been unentertaining messiness throughout - weirdly hardly any of that has been down to the format itself, we haven't really had format twists, this has been just standard AS2 rules, right?

Even the judging this week I can't really disagree with. Much as I detest Baga, she was ready for Snatch Game (of COURSE she chose a character with flat hair and no makeup), and Blu did a good job too. Pangina and Janey were the worst two in the game too. But once again it feels like the runway was totally disregarded, I think if that had been factored in, Juju would've replaced Pangina in the bottom.

The "if you're not in the top, you're in the bottom" for ONCE seemed to give an easy out for the bottom two, Juju is clearly on thin ice this season and I LOVE her but she needed to go. Blu won the lipsync too and then it all went horribly wrong.

I was with @Pingu feeling it was a real Rachel Crow moment when I saw Blu's "OH SHIT WHAT HAVE I DOOOOOOONE" face. She doesn't deserved to be incinerated by Twitter of course but I did say out loud "You stupid bitch".

Just give Juju the crown so she can stop embarassing herself and let's just throw this whole thing in the AS1 skip.

I have to say that up until the last seconds I was expecting Pangina to come out on stage again and say something funny because that crying was so over the top (and Lady Camden’s runway trick made me expect shit like that). Whether it was intended or not it was a bit of a power move from her part.

I don’t believe for a second that they filmed the outro to the episode with Pangina still wailing behind the wall, either. What a shitty bit of editing!

Yeah I don't know how it all works exactly, but SURELY by the time Ru calls them back for the outro, the eliminee is already LONG GONE from earshot.

Bizarre editing but undeniably hilarious.

I feel bad for Blu now, this tactic has been done before and it’s never blown up in their face as much as this. It’s a blessing for Pangina, the biggest winner from this season - can’t believe she gained more followers than the other queens COMBINED :disco:

It’s going to be really shit if Baga picked her too - revenge for Jimbo is AN excuse, but it’s funny she’s forgotten Pangina saving her skin in the ball by basically finishing her outfit.

There ARE only 2 more episodes right? That’s the only thing sort of keeping me going

Can I just say that the horror of someone being binned HAVING PRESENTED THEMSELVES LIKE THIS (:disco: 'TIL YOU ACTUALLY VOMIT) is unforgivable and I'm popping round to Blu's RIGHT NOW to chop her legs off :disco:

Pangina-Heals-1-1.jpg

"This is the first time I have not watched an episode yet, because there’s a lot of triggering moments. I am waiting until I have at least five bottles of wine in me and then I’ll go watch it."

:disco: if quite a lot of :(

One thing I will say about the standout Thai queens - based on THAT look and also Queen Natalia's earlier in the thread - is that they always get a gold star for VISUAL DETAIL :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom