Scotland: The Humza Yousaf Year & a bit

Nearly shat myself there - I;d have thought Regan's votes more likely to go to Forbes.

Thank fuck for that.

Reactions: Zu
Ash Regan still sitting with a face like a skelpt arse. Did she not read the memo about being gracious in defeat?

FUMMING

4992D814-E9D2-4912-88B7-F0A500D1D07D.jpeg

Not nice to make comments about people's appearance but this one is obviously a choice rather than AU NATURAL: what colour is that hair supposed to be?

"Just pop on the usual JAUNTY COPPER would you Amanda" :disco:

HOT COPPER FOX WITH A BURST CHEDDAR SPRINKLE

I know little about him. Delighted to hear Scotland are about to get a Muslim First Minister.

Screaming at this incredibly awkwardly worded tweet

the insane grammar followed by the hard swerve from congratulatory to blandly savage is killing me. Sir Keith needs a new social intern.

anyway, as the wise leader of a very popular and well-organised cult once said: say it in the street, that's a knockout, but you say it in a tweet, that's a cop out.

in general it makes me laugh when one political party says about another, they don't have the answers. it's giving petty school exam. like, oh, you have the answers? scribble them on a piece of paper and share the love bitch, the country's up shit creek!

I know little about him. Delighted to hear Scotland are about to get a Muslim First Minister.

It has been pointed out that there's a fairly delicious irony in Rishi Sunak and Humza Yousaf discussing the possible break up of the UK when Sunak's parents are of Indian descent and Yousaf's grandparents are from Pakistan. That sound you can hear is Cyril Radcliffe spinning like a fucking tumble dryer in his grave.

Screaming at this incredibly awkwardly worded tweet

It would have killed him to split it into 2 separate posts? The whiplash!

I know very little about this new leader other than it seems everyone is quite relieved. Looks like the party might live to see another day after all.

I know very little about this new leader other than it seems everyone is quite relieved. Looks like the party might live to see another day after all.

I think it depends on who you ask.

There is a feeling among many that Yousaf has been mediocre at best in every role he’s had in the Scottish Government - transport, justice and health. Something Forbes, Regan and their supporters were quick to point out during the campaign.

Many factions within the SNP are relieved the progressive continuity candidate won. Others will say he was the best of a poor bunch on offer, and the definition of falling upwards.

There are sections of the party who want an independence referendum prioritised and think his strategy kicks it into the long grass. The fact he only won 52-48 highlights a split which may be difficult to manage, certainly in the medium to long term. His intent to pursue the Gender Recognition Bill and challenge the UK government may also cause him issues with parts of the party membership.

Polling of the wider Scottish electorate showed they actually preferred Kate Forbes over Humza. The opposition parties will be happy as they think they’ll have a realistic shot at denting SNP support by attacking his record in government.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom