Sheena's Budapest 2023 Thread

Raging I forgot to set the recording today before I went out so been catching up on iplayer. Great effort from KJT, pleased for her. Just hoping both she and Thiam can be fit at the same time in Paris.

Ethan Katzberg looks the most unlikely hammer thrower and is looking good for gold so far.

That 100m final was close. :shock:

Is there no medal ceremonies at these events? They're giving medals immediately after events have finished.

That 100m final was close. :shock:

Is there no medal ceremonies at these events? They're giving medals immediately after events have finished.

The medal ceremony for last night's relay was today. They have a separate stage area for it.

Jackson, Richardson and Ta Lou in the same semi is a brutal draw.

Disappointed Hibbert is out of the triple jump, very talented.

Thing is, I love his compatriot/son/lover Simon Petersson even more so...

IMAGINE THAT AS A FOURSOME 😍

OMG yes

Can we also throw this cute twink Henrik Larsson into the mix? He’s the first Swede to reach a 100m semi final in ages so he deserves some tough love and destroying. :)

177af36b-2f0c-471b-8f45-7a50b2579922.jpeg

Wow at MHS, it looked like he eased off right before the end too.

The FACE OF THUNDER on Val Allman after her last throw.

I thought she was ready to deck someone. Even if it was someone who just happened to be passing.

The 400 metres is now wide open for the men with Gardiner out injured. Hoping Adeleke can sneak a medal for Ireland in the women’s but she looked a wee bit heavy legged in the semis.

Both absolutely wonderful. MHS looked fantastic- I really hope he can finally put it together. Interesting the two I’m most worried about- van Niekerk and the new Norwegian- both only qualified as fastest losers.

Valarie Allman is such an obvious doping fiend to me. I mean, your face just doesn’t change THIS much without chemical assistance. THAT CHIN! 😂

A793FF57-4286-4668-BEF8-B5B6F456CD38.jpeg

Now, back off, girls, I’ve been in love with Josh Kerr for years and have the tweets to prove it.

BUT LOOK AT MY LITTLE GUY AND HOW HAPPY HE IS:

72837D94-2FE5-4802-9232-534E75E5A828.jpeg

I am so fucking happy right now. I thought he’d do it rather than Jake last year, but he was absolutely brilliant tonight. I rarely get all “COME ONNNNNN” about athletics but by fuck I was tonight. What a run. I’m going to cry my fucking eyes out when I get to watch it back properly on the iPlayer…

AC7295EC-68B3-4195-8EB9-3DC8A84B449F.jpeg

Not a buggy crash nearly taking out half the 200m men...

On a brighter note, Jaz Sawyers has been a breath of fresh air on commentary this week. Interesting technical points and the inside track on goings on. Maybe she'll have her eye on other opportunities when she eventually retires but the BBC should definitely come calling.

I wish the BBC would show more of the athletics and less of the ENDLESS YAKKING with Gabby and friends.

We barely got any coverage of the last round of the long jump. The women's hammer has all but disappeared from the coverage.

But thankfully we're getting the Hudson-Smith montage for at least the FIFTH time tonight.

Yes the long jump and hammer were shown so intermittently it was impossible to build any tension with them which is a shame. Plenty of people enjoy the field events, I know my mother is more into the throws than anything else (that’s the extent of my statistical analysis).

Can we have a build up to the hurdles final please and show this interview to show later please?

Some real shade from the BBC commentators there in the 400m hurdles. Apparently, Adekoya has just come back from a four year drug ban in November last year, but is somehow running better than ever. Yes, somehow.

Hudson-Smith did very well but I think he’ll feel a chance for gold was missed there.

At least he held on for the silver, I was willing that line to come.

I'm glad he perked up for the interview as he looked quite dejected down on the track. Pre-champs the silver would have seemed an excellent result but with the way things shaked down with the semis the gold felt up for grabs.

Some real shade from the BBC commentators there in the 400m hurdles. Apparently, Adekoya has just come back from a four year drug ban in November last year, but is somehow running better than ever. Yes, somehow.

I don't think she could have made it more obvious that she's still roided up to the eyeballs, having set an area record in EVERY ROUND.

Sheena and me have both been “on the attack” about this on Twitter the last few days.

Can I just say what an amazing job (apart from the buggy crash) and atmosphere the Hungarians have done and made at these champs? The enthusiasm has really translated well through the tv and shows that following the big money isn’t always the best way to go for choosing the host for these events.

Don’t get me started on Adekoya. Three area records after a drug ban and with acne and shoulders like a wrestler. Just get rid. I booed her in the stadium and someone told me off. Fucking muggles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom