Slovenia 2023: Joker Out - Carpe diem

VoR

Take it or leave it
Slovenia have scrapped EMA and opted for an internal selection for the first time since they sent the tuneful Hannah Mancini in 2014.

They're apparently one of the biggest bands in the country right now, so this is likely a gambit to boost ratings. They've confirmed that the song will be performed in Slovene.

This isn't it, but a taste of what they do.

They're the biggest Slovene act on streaming so it's definitely a good choice from a relevance point of view. They were going to apply for EMA anyway before RTVSlo internally chose them, so hopefully the song will live up to expectations.

I had a little dig not long after they were announced but this song has stuck around with me for a while.

Feels very 2007 but I certainly wouldn’t be averse to them sending something very similar.

A snippet of the song has leaked... I think I quite like it from the small amount we've heard so far. Reminds me a bit of The Highest Heights.

HAS ANYONE LISTENED TO THIS?

Oh I quite like that. I do hope it isn't a case in which the music video flatters to deceive.

I quite like this! It’s surely deserved them a place back in the final..

They're in the back half of the second Semi final, so I reckon they have an excellent chance.

Like Spain, I'm pleased they're sending something that's likely to go down very well at home too. Hopefully that'll keep the viewing figures up and convince Slovenia to stick around, given they were apparently quite touch and go this year.

It’s cute and has a vague whiff of mid-noughties nostalgia, although like vor I can’t quite place what song it reminds me of.

Reactions: VoR
It’s not threatening the stability of my buss, but fills a certain niche and I’m happy for them. Certainly better than whatever Ireland sent.

They're good performers, but the song is utterly run-of-the-mill 2007 Skins music. Not bad when it's on, but where's the hook?

These guys are UTTERLY CHARMING, the song is GREAT FUN and I really think this is going to do very well for Slovenia this year :disco:

Ireland and Slovenia have really rather similar entries, yet the SLOVENES are just so charismatic and joyful on camera. It really shows the Irish UP!

This has crept into my top ten of the year and I suspect may climb higher. Is that horribly wrong?

Nice to hear it in English, but the Slovene version remains supreme - and thankfully they're not changing language for the contest

Firmly in my Top 5 :disco:

Yes, I think it loses something, and I found the video quite flat for some reason. Still, I think they are pretty charismatic performers in that live performance above, so that's really all that matters.

Reactions: dUb
There's something about the way BOJAN looks into the camera that is quite BEWITCHING! And not just because he's hot but it doesn't hurt :love:

I think they are a very good looking band on the whole. And a quick Google informs me the one I like most (Nace, one of the guitarists) is the oldest, which is at least slightly reassuring, if still a bit inappropriate.

I was thinking the drummer was a bit of a weak link looks wise, but another image search tells me I was judging him harshly due to a dodgy haircut.

This is SMASHING. One of my favourites of the year now, I’d love it if they could be in the mix come the final.

Slovenia haven’t been in the top ten since 2001, so it’d be lovely if they could at least break that duck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom