Slovenia 2023: Joker Out - Carpe diem

I had somehow missed their live performance up until this weekend but it really is so strong and completely charming.

The lead singer is obviously pretty and quite charismatic but the performance also spotlights the other band members really well. The enthusiasm of the drummer is quite something! I hope they keep the group bow at the end in.

• Love
Reactions: dUb

Self-styled "shagadelic rock band" Joker Out are what the world gets for tolerating Maroon 5 for the last two decades. Carpe Diem sounds like rock music, it moves like rock music, and when it finishes, you will have no memory that it ever happened.
Prediction: Bottom five.

• Haha
Reactions: Zu
Quite rude of the BBC really. Hopefully they’ll have all their funding cut and we’ll have to watch Loose Women. For what it’s worth, I prefer Australia when it comes to this year’s guitar sounds. Frankly I feel quite disturbed by this turn of events :shock:

They have a single coming out with Elvis Costello, of all people, this week too.

The singer missed his flight after the London pre-party and has been stranded in MILTON KEYNES! :D:(

This 'interview' descends into them just singing other entries and it's a VERY FUN WATCH! Such lovely boys :love:

I know they want a big reaction, but it almost feels a shame that they saved SUCH an obvious qualifier for the final envelope last night. Everyone else must have been packing their bags in their heads :D

When I was young and lovely/less rancid, I soon learned the benefits of tactile fabrics. I remember having multiple pairs of moleskin and velveteen (!) trousers I wore out, just because I always got people feeling my arse. Looking back they were really quite foul, but WHO CARES?

And I'd quite happily rub all the lovely Joker Out boys :)

So pleased this was well received and qualified. The performance was basically an expanded version of their original live video (though with much nicer trousers for Bojan to give the ol snake hips routine) but they were just a breath of fresh air when they came on.

He's definitely a very charismatic front man, and reliable vocalist, which is quite the luxury. Especially loving the efforts of the excitable drummer and goatee guy as well.

Also the ending gets me oddly totes emosh every single time.

A friend asked me this morning who to bet on, they watched the semis for the first time and said they liked Slovenia the most.

Well that's all the evidence we need, they're coming top 5

I legit suspect Slovenia are going to have a GREAT NIGHT.

They even have low-key potential to break out of Eurovision. They didn't record it in English for fun.

SLOV-POP REVOLUTION COMING YOUR WAY.

They clearly have designs on being more than the biggest band in Slovenia. There is the not very exciting song they did with Elvis Costello recently too.

And after hearing Mans Zelmerlow snort derisively at their mention on that Eurovisioncast I am manifesting even more success for them.

Oh my lovely boys? What went wrong?

And from that pimp slot as well :(

They were charm and charisma itself, but at the end of the day the song just really wasn't all that.

They were charm and charisma itself, but at the end of the day the song just really wasn't all that.
Exactly this - it felt like it should be going somewhere but never quite made it.

Shows the importance of image, really… they didn’t like it because of the colourful twinky presentation despite the song sounding like the exact kind of indie landfill straight men were declaring the future of music in 2005.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom