33 Happy (13)
33 Just Like the First Time (13)
36 5,6,7,8 (15)
37 I Know Him So Well (23)
38 When I Said Goodbye (26)
38 Words Are Not Enough (26)

Last edited:
I bloody hope not!

Usually I’d bank on One For Sorrow followed by Deeper Shade of Blue, but having them ranked in order rather than a general rating may actually work against them.

PISS OFF ONE FOR SORROW

I've never understood the appeal. Is it fast or slow? I'd prefer EITHER OR. Clumsy lyrics too.

For me Love’s Got a Hold on My Heart sounds the most designed and overly constructed. To my ears all the rest are far more pleasing musical moments, in the sense you can't see the joins.

I'd like to see a triumph for something from the glorious MODERN ERA

PISS OFF ONE FOR SORROW

I've never understood the appeal. Is it fast or slow? I'd prefer EITHER OR. Clumsy lyrics too.
I mean it directly takes with Winner Takes It All, which offers the same fast/ slow trick, so why change a good thing? I guess.

I'd like to see a triumph for something from the glorious MODERN ERA
Modern Steps, for the most part are far more self aware and know their audience so much better than whoever was dictating their musical direction back in the day.

Reactions: dUb
I agree, but there have been some baffling missteps among the undeniable bullseyes

Yeah agree. There is still the desperation (which it wouldn’t be Steps without) of releasing seven hundred tracks every project and milking things, which does result in some faff. But when they get it right fuck me it’s right.

Like genuinely, the triple whammy of What The Future Holds-Something In Your Eyes-To The Beat Of My Heart is still my favourite string of releases in about 20 years.

For me Love’s Got a Hold on My Heart sounds the most designed and overly constructed. To my ears all the rest are far more pleasing musical moments, in the sense you can't see the joins.

I like it, but to me it’s a level below about 20 of the other releases. And it’s still damn good, just missing something that much of the others have.

I don't love that either, unless it's being sung by Rosie Ribbons

Imagine being a Steps fan and not having time for ABBA.

KNOW YOUR HERITAGE QUEERS! PEOPLE DIED AT STONEWALL!

Oh I have time for ABBA

Particularly the 5:09 duration of It It Wasn't For The Nights :disco::disco::disco:
Feed me the extended version of Summer Night City or the unofficial 8 minute version of Lay All Your Love On Me :disco::disco::disco:

Can't believe the ICONIC Thank ABBA For the Music wasn't on the Platinum Collection. But I wouldn't want B*Witched on my GH either.

If you're online PRESS PLAY NOW!

First up THE MEGAMIX. The top 10 will follow.

It's not quite as good as the Saturdays megamix BUT WHAT IS?!

And onto the top 10... so close to missing the top 10, so perhaps it was expected to find this pop gem at no.10. A full 100 points less than the winner!

10. Better Best Forgotten (83pts) No 12’s

I feel some people really weren't bothered about this, but some queens REALLY LOVE IT. It's a top-tier mid-tempo for me. It was midweek no.1 but charted at No.72 last week.

9. It's the Way You Make Me Feel (110pts) @Suomi @Tisch @VoR

Liked by almost everyone, but no-one's favourite. I feel like this aged really well.

5. Summer of Love (144pts) No 12’s

Last Thing On My Mind and Better Best Forgotten should be higher

But then I didn’t vote

So it's between Deeper Shade of Blue and Scared of the Dark... The song that set the standard for their later career or the one that launched it?

It was very close in the end, but Deeper Shade of Blue clinched it in the end. Both are absolutely fucking stellar, right? I think Scared had the most impact on me, being their top 40 comeback hit. Deeper, is utterly marvelous and was a definitive earlier highlight, and probably benefited from being an absolute fucking electro banger.

1. Deeper Shade of Blue (183pts) @Apoca @Sheena @Marilyn @Silly Moo @Music @Rita
2. Scared of the Dark (178pts) @Ag @FetchFugly @Pingu @Kratz

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom