32 Dancing With a Broken Heart
33 Baby Don't Dance
33 Happy
33 Just Like the First Time
36 5,6,7,8
37 I Know Him So Well
38 When I Said Goodbye
38 Words Are Not Enough

I love both the top 2. Deeper Shade of Blue because its the perfect melancholy but upbeat song. And Scared of the Dark was such a perfect comeback song

That was close! Pleased that Scared got so near, I assumed Deeper Shade of Blue would win, and it is an absolute classic so fair enough.

A truly stellar top two

I'm really pleased and proud that my scores TORPEDOED One For Sorrow :basil:

Great work Ag

Thanks @Ag! Not the result I personally would have wanted but it's good to know how Moopy rate these things without power politics coming into play (though I appreciate THAT system as well)

Thanks @Ag! Not the result I personally would have wanted but it's good to know how Moopy rate these things without power politics coming into play (though I appreciate THAT system as well)
As fun as the fucking around is, I prefer a ranking that could be considered representative.

I do like a knockout, but the voting is voting against. I find what people like more interesting.

Thanks @Ag! Looks like I’m in the minority preferring What The Future Holds to Scared of the Dark (for me it took what was great about their comeback single and elevated it). Anyway a worthy winner and great results overall.

Thanks @Ag! Looks like I’m in the minority preferring What The Future Holds to Scared of the Dark (for me it took what was great about their comeback single and elevated it).
ACCURATE!

PLUS there's no shit in your arms in your arms in your arms bit so clearly superior

• Love
Reactions: D5K
in your arms in your arms in your arms is one of many many many astonishing parts of Scared.

Thanks @Ag! Looks like I’m in the minority preferring What The Future Holds to Scared of the Dark (for me it took what was great about their comeback single and elevated it). Anyway a worthy winner and great results overall.

I’m with you on that 100%

• Love
Reactions: D5K
Thanks @Ag , I enjoyed this - and I’m not sure if the switch to a top 10 vote was motivated from getting pissed off with the grind of survivor administration, but it was a welcome twist!

Sorry I couldn’t be there, I felt your pain keenly as you committed to a sync listen people didn’t turn up to :D

Satisfied with the winner ahead of Scared - I don’t know why I can’t rank the latter as a classic, it was great at the time but the dead-eyes dance routine dun it in for me. Amazed it did better than What the future holds, a triumph on so many levels.

Btw did you confuse What the future holds with Heartbreak in this city? :D

I’ve been away so missed the deadline, but don’t think I’d have been far off this Top 3 in the same order.

The messages going around amongst my friends during the Scared Of The Dark reveal were unhinged, so it’s always been a favourite.

But the “YOU MUST WEAR BLUE” G.A.Y. gig for Deeper Shade was even more life defining :disco:

Thanks @Ag , I enjoyed this - and I’m not sure if the switch to a top 10 vote was motivated from getting pissed off with the grind of survivor administration, but it was a welcome twist!

Sorry I couldn’t be there, I felt your pain keenly as you committed to a sync listen people didn’t turn up to :D

Satisfied with the winner ahead of Scared - I don’t know why I can’t rank the latter as a classic, it was great at the time but the dead-eyes dance routine dun it in for me. Amazed it did better than What the future holds, a triumph on so many levels.

Btw did you confuse What the future holds with Heartbreak in this city? :D
I changed to a vote, because the finals are normally damp squibs. Why have two songs when you can have ten?

I wasn't really bothered about the sync not working. Lockdown is dead, I kinda anticipated it.

And yes I mixed them up. I like some consistency and I've consistently failed to provide accurate Steps knowledge for some weeks now.

I’ve been away so missed the deadline, but don’t think I’d have been far off this Top 3 in the same order.

The messages going around amongst my friends during the Scared Of The Dark reveal were unhinged, so it’s always been a favourite.

But the “YOU MUST WEAR BLUE” G.A.Y. gig for Deeper Shade was even more life defining :disco:
The Scared of the Dark topic was deliciously unhinged as we all heard it for the first time. I even remember my first listen, in the square at Uni, with my mate, crowded around my phone.

I think it was so thrilling because a) it went beyond expectations b) music had been bland tropical house for years

Last edited:
The Scared of the Dark topic was deliciously unhinged as we all heard it for the first time. I even remember my first listen, in the square at Uni with my mate crowded around my phone.

I think it was so thrilling because a) it went beyond expectations b) music had been bland tropical house for years
I remember being sat on the sofa completely agog that they pulled off the perfect comeback - especially after the Christmas album. It was precisely what I wanted them to sound like!

I think that’s where I am with the song - it WAS an incredible comeback and surpassed expectations - but now against the rest of the comeback canon, I think about it fondly more for the shock and awe and the MOMENT than the song itself

Just waddling in to say Summer of Love getting top five is outstanding. The underrated Steps song of all time?

Also WHY is Chain Reaction not in the megamix? Like of all the singles to leave out…

Oh fully get it ain’t one of the biggest hitters, but when You’ll Be Sorry and After The Love Has Gone appear and Summer of Love gets a full airing (not complaining) it’s slightly noticeable out of all of the missing ones that it’s not there at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom