Steps - What The Future Holds [New Single & Album]

TELL ME BABY

• Total voters
#16 in midweeks. Expected, just hope they can hang on to the top 20. Royal Variety tomorrow will hopefully keep it in there.

Oh that’s a shame, what are the sales looking like?

Not sure as yet, I’ll assume on track for around 7-8k based on last week which is still a fine result, it’s just the relatively high sales period that isn’t forgiving with positions.

I reckon there’s a fair chance it could go up after the Royal Variety perf, given there’s a lot of likely front-loaded stuff ahead of it.

They were on Lorraine this morning and have flung back up to #3 on iTunes. So with tonight as well this may well help it stay steady for the rest of the week.

Was the clip on Lorraine from the Royal Variety performance?

I haven't watched but I don't think so, Faye has something on instagram saying it was just a chat about the tour an album etc.

Oh my. Oh Lisa.

Well I thought it was nice and Lisa's strut in those ruffled disco placenta boots certainly righted Faye's WTF H window wipers wrong.

Claire and Lee exchanging a smile at least let the world know they would have the most awkward sex together (Carrie Burger style).

H shouldn't have said yes to the belt, it wasn't flattering on the long-standing Bob Downe comparisons.

Faye was the air-kissing Christmas fairy. As in above them.

YouTube is fixated on the two singles so they’ve been popping up regularly. SIYE is good, I like it more than originally, mainly because SIYE is such a great song.

but WTFH really has NOT dulled its shine even a tiny bit for me, INCREDIBLE. The video is so good too, just firing on all cylinders

My signed vinyl has been dispatched

I take it that it took so long, as Lisa is back in Dubai

Finished at #14 in the end

Did they shoot a new video? I guess with Lisa back in Dubai now this might die a death :(

For me, Something In Your Eyes throws into the air the same confetti as After The Love Has Gone. Just a quality rather than actually sounding alike. It really does capture an aspect of their vintage sound.

I'm still listening to the album a lot in the car: WTF H, To The One I Love and the airtight Ministry of Lisa's sound To The Beat of My Heart are total drive-by highs.

I wish them well with the rest, but I wouldn't be interested in them as singles in the slightest.

I assume they'll repeat the formula and repackaged the album with some new slammers for the tour.

Yeah they shot a video a fortnight ago.

#14 is fine, with Shawn selling 11,000 at #12 they’re still selling on par with the last album and will happily go silver by January I’d say. Unleash the next single late next month with a bit of promo and that should keep things ticking over.

9,816 confirmed for last week, taking them to 47,210 so far. Shame there is no further promo over the next two weeks but hopefully they can hold around #20 this week and get about 5/6k.

Should have added some bells to Something (as an extra edit) and sang December to ensure a subtle content holiday bump for them. I think they completely missed a trick here.

9,816 confirmed for last week, taking them to 47,210 so far. Shame there is no further promo over the next two weeks but hopefully they can hold around #20 this week and get about 5/6k.

with zero promo, I think it’ll sink much lower than that

Hopefully not. It’s still #7 on iTunes after compilations and given there’s minimal new releases they may take advantage of the few weeks when physical purchases take over a bit.

Watch it sink to #45...

Only two new entries ahead, one being Taylor and the other a James live album which will surely sink like a rock, so yes they're keeping pace well.

That said, there's a reissue of a TOYAH album in the top 40 so I'm not sure to what extent there's been any kind of festive sales bump so far :D/:(

Kylie is just over 3k at #21 so I’d assume Steps are around 3.5k so could manage 6-7k for the week, which would match Tear’s... third week.

WTFH video about to break 1m views, possibly today

SIYE will probably do it by year end too :disco:

I swear every time I see WTFH I think it’s the perfect Steps video and I want to run to Moopy to scream about it

right now I’m living for the end bit where the dancers are circling, and they’re in the middle summoning Gay Cthulhu

That said, there's a reissue of a TOYAH album in the top 40 so I'm not sure to what extent there's been any kind of festive sales bump so far :D/:(
Is there ANY? I think I read that the #1 album is only on target to sell about 35k this week.

And to think a decade ago (I think) the whole top five managed 100k apiece.

Is there ANY? I think I read that the #1 album is only on target to sell about 35k this week.

And to think a decade ago (I think) the whole top five managed 100k apiece.

I think the highest ever was 20 years ago when Madge was at #5 on Xmas week and shifted something obscene like 240,000 in a week.

#18 in the end. Not bad at all really.

If it can cling onto one more week in the top 20 it'll have matched the initial TOTD run.

Maybe a lifetime achievement award at The Brits could bounce it back up there. And if Lisa's free for the Grammys of course.

Reactions: SDF
Kylie sold 6,700 just below them so around 7k. That’s tops 54k as you said which is a great result.

Reactions: SDF
It has held up much better than I thought it would

Back up to #17 on iTunes (#10 without compilations). Not too sure WHY, but that's the highest it's been in about 10 days so holding well.

Yikes, down to #52 in midweeks. Weird, as it is holding very well on iTunes and Amazon. Lots of Christmas above it, so should recover hopefully at least to the top 50 but not a great week!

Kylie is also down to 45. typically after Christmas a lot of older albums rise up.

A few Christmas albums will have benefited from that Christmas Day streaming boom as well. I mean they are obviously both falling, but things probably look worse than they actually are.

Little Mix get their highest position since release week, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom