Sweden 2024: Marcus & Martinus - Unforgettable

[DANCE BREAK]

• Total voters

Penelope

striking, unique, 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘳
Pronouns
Any
Like a Bobbysocks for the non-binary health goth generation - what do you make of this spirited pair of perky young sxsters fresh off the overnight coach from Trondheim?

I'm not quite sure if it's better as a song than Air, but my goodness it's terrific and it just looks fantastic. I think everyone overindexing towards 'Sweden 21 points' is really missing how much of a glaring factor Benjamin coming across as creepy and offputting in the Dance You Off performance was, which Marcus & Martinus don't really have - you're just reacting to them being twinks in public

Obviously another jury rave/public 'eh, like my 7th fave' mismatch awaits in the final scores, but I don't think it's going to embarrass itself by any means. It literally sounds like they've beaten The Weeknd to a worldwide hit comeback launch single.

Reactions: dUb
I am sure it will do fine - top ten on jury and televote but it’s a pedestrian song and it’s genuine shame for Sweden not to be a little bit ‘out there’ in a hosting year.

Reactions: Hak
Despite finding this quite... Forgettable at first, I've now come round and it's definitely winning the battle of the twinks.

I officially hate this (and am VERY angry with the Swedes for not sending Fat Ali & Friend) but it does sound exciting when it starts playing on my personal stereo :disco:
I hear you, Mandy. It’s REDUCTIVE.

Good of them to bring an ACTUAL Melodifestivalen audience with them there.

STUDIO VERSION: A really great generic song. That backing track :disco:

WHOLE PACKAGE LIVE ONSTAGE: My least favourite Swedish entry since Robin Stjernberg. The post-Loreen trough is a very real phenomenon

Reactions: LTZ
Love how even the worst Melfest ever has managed to produce BT's favourite entry of the year!

They've announced a London show for next March, glad I managed to secure tickets before this hot Blue Peter promo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom