That Sounds Good To Me - Josh Dubovie (United Kingdom 2010)

Dead behind the eyes

• Total voters
Check the list of members and click through to his posts. I don't think we lost them in any of the Great Crashes.

That's pretty special. If only I'd have been around to befriend him and talk about his storied career.

If Josh Dubovie turned up here, though, I would SNUB him for his shitness.

If Josh Dubovie had been a member here I would've tried to sleep with him and DON'T ANY OF YOU ACT LIKE YOU WOULDN'T EITHER

Current Dubovie looks status: younger hotter JillTyrell (SORRY JILL)

6RllvCl8.jpeg

You have to hand it to him. He's grown into that nose.

Didn't he go urban with a different name a little while ago, though?

He rebranded as Josh James, presumably because going ungoogleable was the only hope he HAD

He's on the panto circuit now, so I think any hope of becoming the British Drake is probably gone.

The song itself isn't completely terrible, had SOME potential, but the appalling lack of performance ability from Josh made it unbearable.

This might be a tell on some of the problems with the UK selection and production process. They wanted the audience to think "Will he get the note, will he not get the last note?"

Am I really going to spend nearly minutes listening to Josh Dubovie? Do you know, I think I may well just do that :D. I'll bung it on instead of a podcast on my way to work.

Reactions: Hak
"I'm here to stay". After 6 months on youtube posting videos topless and talking about an ESC performance nobody else wants to remember, he only got 250 subscribers, what a success :D At least he looks fit as hell :horny:

47 minutes?! Can someone give us the edited highlights?

47 minutes?! Can someone give us the edited highlights?

3:20
  • I want to apologize for all of the ear bleeds.
  • As a musician and a singer who took my career very seriously...
  • ...I know that that was a terrible performance.
  • I felt like I let you guys down for a number of years and it was difficult to deal with.

4:20
  • When I recorded it for the UK selection process and live shows it was in a certain key.
  • Right before the rehearsals Mike Stock, Peter Waterman and Steve Crosby decided to raise the key.
  • Peter Waterman didn't talk to me about it at all.
  • Mike Stock/Steve Crosby told me they decided to raise the key to build suspense.
Josh: "Why would you raise the key"?
S/C: "It's because we want the audience to think 'Will he get the note or will he not'!?"
Josh: "Well, I've got news for you. I'm not gonna get that note, it's not in my range. "
  • They hired a vocal coach but I couldn't even hit the note in studio.
  • I felt generally awkward in interviews and rehearsals and was very stressed.
  • It was like a lamb to the slaughter.
  • I got severe anxiety defending the song from all the haters on twitter.
  • I brainwashed myself into believing the song stood a chance.
09:00
  • I got severe anxiety from all the hate.
  • I sold everything I had and moved to Canada.
    • I felt ashamed and didn't tell anyone in Canada I did Eurovision.
  • After ESC I was kept on a contract with my label for a year.
  • They planned to wait year and re-release me after the UK had forgot about me.
  • Since I wasn't allowed to release a single I couldn't produce any new music either.
  • There was no way out of the contract since my optional single had no release date.
12:00
  • I thought the chorus was very cheesy on first listen.
  • That didn't sound good to me.
  • I was disappointed by the song and staging.
  • I started to suffer from anxiety and depression and decided to go into hiding.
    • While I was in hiding I stopped watching ESC since it wasn't healthy for me.
    • I still get anxiety from watching/thinking about ESC.
    • I'm better now and will try to host ESC parties since I love the community.
  • I've decided not to take myself seriously and be happy I won the egg and sperm race.
  • The song wasn't an original song nor was it ment to be an UK ESC entry in the first place.

Last edited:
LOLs aside, it is quite interesting in a morbid type of way to hear someones who has represented the UK's Eurovision experience. Especially ALREADY knowing it was going to be an absolute shit show and just having to grin and bare it for 2 months.

Christ, imagine if Electro Velvet ever spoke up about their experience? :D

The woman looked like she'd rather set herself on fire than debase herself on that stage.

The man seemed altogether too gormless to care.

Biance gave up singing all together if I recall correctly.

Then you shouldn't have sung it you twat

Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom