The American Song Contest 2022

Madame Mis-Teeq, tell us our future

• This will be a huge success and eventually replace the current presidential election system

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was actually pleasantly surprised that Georgia sent a pop singer

After all the forecasts of 'wall to wall country hicks', it looks like we've only got 3 out of 56 - Texas, Tennessee and Montana
Sorry but did you just look at the list of states and assume Texas was a country hick...?

There are bigger artists who refused this time round, waiting to see how this went…
Appreciate you sharing this, but considering the banner artists are Jewel and Sisqo, it's not exactly breaking news that bigger names turned this down...

Clips from the first semi rehearsal are out:

The way everything sounds and looks like something that would come 5th-7th in a Melodifestivalen semi :D

This is going to be a disaster, isn’t it?

Are any of them singing live?

Oklahoma looks good but sounds very autotuned.

My raffle selection looks promising:

US VIRGIN ISLANDS

Represented by: Cruz Rock (Latin Caribbean pop).

Musical heroes: Verse Simmonds, Vanessa Daou, Midnite.

LOVE VERSE AND VANESSA SO MUCH :disco:

This heat does not sound promising. Oklahoma, Puerto Rico and Rhode Island the only ones that look remotely competitive there.

Not judging (well, one eyebrow may be slightly raised), but are people actually going to be watching this?

@win_the_game and I are in consultations regarding hosting a rival event at which we will be sync watching all the Sanremo shows from a specific year (we've yet to decide which is the worst and most boring year and it'll be that one :disco:) ALL IN ONE GO OVER AND OVER AGAIN! :disco:

Not judging (well, one eyebrow may be slightly raised), but are people actually going to be watching this?

@win_the_game and I are in consultations regarding hosting a rival event at which we will be sync watching all the Sanremo shows from a specific year (we've yet to decide which is the worst and most boring year and it'll be that one :disco:) ALL IN ONE GO OVER AND OVER AGAIN! :disco:

Including every performance from the infamous DUET NIGHT. :disco::disco:

I remain entertained by the "This will be a quiet flop - like some sad new Madonna album" poll option :disco:

"Got the new album on 47 different formats, Jason?"

"Yeah. It's quite SAD." :disco:

Is it even on UK TV?

In any case, the final will be on at stupid o’clock the Monday before the first semi-final of the real contest.

I want proof from him that lots of Eurovision fans are keen to watch it. I don’t think I’ve seen ANYONE give a shit.
There doesn’t seem to be much interest, although Eurovision are obviously giving it a push - I think the disinterest is understandable - I’m not expecting anything in the way of fun for Europe.

I want proof from him that lots of Eurovision fans are keen to watch it. I don’t think I’ve seen ANYONE give a shit.
I’ve talked to a lot of Eurovision fans who for whatever reason have gone out of their way to make a point about not giving a shit.

I can't think of anything more boring than loudly protesting how much you don't care about this. Why not go in with an open mind? Once we KNOW it's shit and there's nothing worth bothering with, fine, but it's not as if there's such an embarrassment of riches from Europe this year that there's no point bothering at all with this to see if it produces any gems :eyes:

Also, genuinely, I'd really quite like it to become a. a success and b. an annual fixture at this EXACT time of year (March-May), because it'd do a tremendous job of helping to fill the traditionally slightly boring fallow period between all the selections ending and the rehearsals starting each year when all that's happening is just ruminating on that year's songs on repeat.

If we got into a firm pattern of more selections starting around December/January time AND this going on, then we're getting to a point where song contest season becomes a solid six months a year from Dec-May, bringing us through from the darkest months into glorious summer each year :disco:

A six month season feels exhausting. I'm quite happy with a temporary break from the unrelenting derangement of the Eurovision fandom, maybe interspersed with the occasional listening party or re-watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom