The Celebration Tour 2023 (Greatest Hits)

Maybe other venues are different but my ticket just advised when doors open so I would not expect any headline act to be on for a minimum of 90 minutes after that.

Maybe other venues are different but my ticket just advised when doors open so I would not expect any headline act to be on for a minimum of 90 minutes after that.
Usually doors open around 6:30pm. I know at a lot of venues here they actually do advertise show start time on the day of a show, or if not venue staff will be able to tell you. Never been to any show that began after 9pm.

I was going to say, she may have got a reputation for it, but she's hardly the only one, is she?

I guess she's more likely to garner headlines, though.

God help these clock-watching queens if they ever go to a Grace Jones concert!

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
It’s surely just cause of the media furore about her doing it.

I mean, it’s generally FUCKING SHIT, yes, but it’s hardly NEW.

I am PRETTY MIFFED if I'm kept waiting more than TEN MINUTES. I wouldn't mind a court setting a precedent. I guess Madonna is so rich that she wouldn't even care if she had to pay up anyway.

They are clearly not going to win anyway, especially if they stayed for the show.

Come on, 10.30 is fucking disgusting. You end up with a cut set, getting home is an absolute nightmare, meanwhile Madonna goes back to her 5 star hotel with all the takings from the ridiculous ticket prices.

She can fuck off.

in New York I'm pretty sure the subway doesn't stop so this "trouble getting home" argument is kinda BS. let's not celebrate this horrible American culture of taking people to court for any minor inconvenience. and at this point you know what you're getting from a Madonna show. sorry but I'm with HER!

I don't think you can assume everybody attending lives next to a subway station.

Not all of her fans are living it up in Manhattan apartments.

I'm with Funky. She's a witch, and she can afford to lose!

in New York I'm pretty sure the subway doesn't stop so this "trouble getting home" argument is kinda BS. let's not celebrate this horrible American culture of taking people to court for any minor inconvenience. and at this point you know what you're getting from a Madonna show. sorry but I'm with HER!
Surely that’s only the case if you actually live in the NYC boroughs. Not when potentially thousands of people need to travel from elsewhere!

Anyway, it’s just utterly disrespectful to do it more than once without explanation. I only had it once a long time ago at a Mos Def concert because he’d literally had an earlier flight cancelled from Norway and had to race to the venue from the airport with no sound check. He was incredibly apologetic to the crowd. I think that’s a reasonable excuse.

Prince used to be unpredictable and sometimes come on early but other times be late, but again never ever past 9pm, and when he was late it usually meant a guaranteed good after show anyway.

Either way, I can’t even be arsed with any concerts at big venues these days as i just don’t find them fun anymore. Diana Ross was the last one as a one off.

Last edited:
I actually might sue her for the slight inconvenience of hearing anything she's done since 2007!

Queen of Pop indeed. False advertising- make her hand it back to Cher or someone!

Last edited:
let's not celebrate this horrible American culture of taking people to court for any minor inconvenience.

Gays are thirsty for a Gwyneth Paltrow-type of case court moment! Imagine the looks Madame X would serve! and wtf I Want to add an image to my post and all my options are greyed out; I can't even use emojis.

in New York I'm pretty sure the subway doesn't stop so this "trouble getting home" argument is kinda BS.

:D yes everyone who books a ticket for MSG loves taking the 1am express train back to the Bronx

They’re not all JENNY FROM THE BLOCK !

Screenshot_20240123_135624_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240123_135608_Chrome.jpg

With José Gutiérrez. I'm guessing Donna and Nike is off the cards..

It was interesting that she pulled him out I thought. She dumped them like hot bricks apparently once they weren't of any use.

I see Donna and Niki are now touring together with a music and reminiscence show. I do think it's a shame she never wheeled them out for this for some backing vocals on a couple of songs- they were an important part of the Madonna experience for so long- but I think (at least in Niki's case), those bridges have been burned.

I'm glad it's the full video as loads of the press I've seen edits it after the chorus with the backing vocals playing on in the background (which is clearly singing over), which has led to loads of "SHE'S JUST LIPSYNCING, SHE SHOULD JUST RETIRE" style comments underneath, when it clearly wasn't the case when she forgot the words in the verses and there was nothing else there.

I mean, I've said before I think there's some MIMING going on, but it wasn't the case there.

I find the MIMING DISCOURSE tedious anyway. She's been at it for decades to varying degrees. I don't think anyone who pays for a ticket thinks otherwise, or presumably cares that much.

And while people who don't pay to see her (and wouldn't regardless of whether it was 100% live, 100% mimed, or anywhere in between) are fully entitled to their opinions, they shouldn't count for anything.

I find the MIMING DISCOURSE tedious anyway. She's been at it for decades to varying degrees. I don't think anyone who pays for a ticket thinks otherwise, or presumably cares that much.

And while people who don't pay to see her (and wouldn't regardless of whether it was 100% live, 100% mimed, or anywhere in between) are fully entitled to their opinions, they shouldn't count for anything.

I think when it was OBVIOUS (the parts of the BA Tour, for example), then I kind of had no issue with it, but I do feel slightly aggrieved at re-recorded and passed off live vocals for some reason. But equally, you CAN'T sing and dance like that for 2 hours without being out of breath and EVERYONE does it.

Still makes me laugh at the Mylène Farmer concert where she stopped Désenchantée for a 20 second crowd encouragement to join in and sounded like she was having a heart attack and could hardly speak and jumped straight back into a note perfect, belting singing voice :D

INCREDIBLE SCENES!!!

ALSO!!! Kylie wearing the black sequined top that says Madonna on, just as M did with Kyle's name written on during the Music era. iconic!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom