The Idol (The Weekend HBO Show)

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him

No release date yet and this long and interesting article by Rolling Stone goes into all the details of it being a mess of a production

Couldn’t read the whole thing but the original direction sounded more interesting.

Is this why there hasn’t been any other current show running right now other than The Last of Us? Normally there’s at least one drama and one comedy. Nothing new by HBO Max at the moment either.

No release date yet and this long and interesting article by Rolling Stone goes into all the details of it being a mess of a production

what a fucking joke :D the final v2 of the show will either be an entertaining hot mess, a traumatic hot mess or another tax write-off that never makes it to air. can't wait to find out :disco:

They released this in response but his acting is really bad whoops

We get to see this mess on June 4th

Can’t wait for one Britney's mad Instagram posts about how no one asked for permission to use that song and it’s all Jamie Lynne’s fault :disco:

What the fuck happened to HBO? It’s like they used a big tech AI algorithm to figure out what could get them the most Tiktok likes and it shat out this show

Leave that shit to Netflix please!

Lily Rose Depp and The Weeknd having a NO CHARISMA off. I wonder who will win.

It looks like Spring Breakers set in the pop world, I'll definitely be watching.

That histrionic Rolling Stone hit job about how shocking and  depraved the show is (plus the obligatory Trump mention for the bingo card) really just does the opposite of what it intends. More praise to them for avoiding the boring moral didacticism of current "prestige TV" and sticking to their creative vision. Not everything has to be Ted Lasso!

Does the broadcast version still include Dame Elizabeth Berkeley?

Is this HBO or HBO Max?

I don't think HBO has EVER done a truly shit show. They must have picked it up for a reason.

I think HBO has done quite a few shit shows, they just usually don’t get a second season and get forgotten.

Anyway first episode was meh, the entourage was slightly interesting but I didn’t find the intimacy coordinator joke that funny and rather outdated and the tour parts didn’t make sense (who puts a tour on sale before the music is out?).

It got progressively less interesting as it went along and then that last scene was full on cringe.

Is this HBO or HBO Max?

I don't think HBO has EVER done a truly shit show. They must have picked it up for a reason.

It’s HBO.

And The Time Traveller’s Wife and Here and Now are two shit shows they’ve done in recent years. Thankfully both were cancelled after one season.

Anyway first episode was meh, the entourage was slightly interesting but I didn’t find the intimacy coordinator joke that funny and rather outdated and the tour parts didn’t make sense (who puts a tour on sale before the music is out?).

It got progressively less interesting as it went along and then that last scene was full on cringe.

Only Jane Adams was interesting, and even her lines were boring shit you’d expect.

This was supposed to be ”darker than Euphoria”, it looked rather more try hard.
I would buy the Weekend’s character more if he were some influtential person in the music business or the likes, but he’s just a random who owns a club.

At least we’re getting some fun articles

“Welcome to my little shithole.”

I don’t think he was talking about his acting chops, but one never knows.

:D

OMG his acting chops or lack thereof are yet another thing he shares with Mama Ciccone :disco:

I quite like these drama’s about the MUSIC BIZ (Nashville, the one with Cookie in it) and this was just more of the same of that but with terrible overlapping dialogue and The Weeknd bringing the acting masterclass of MJ at the start of the Thriller video

I’ll try and stick with it but it doesn’t even seem to have any BOPS

Compare this boring shit, especially the interaction between the star and her useless assistent to the fabulous ditto from last summer’s Irma Vep (that only @Jark and I watched)…

The sex stuff is just so cringe. The Weekend is just terrible.

Again the handlers and the music shoot while very outdated (why do they need the performance to be shot in one go? Editing exists) was at least watchable.

The second half is just a bizzaro fantasy (I didn’t mind the song at the end).

Had a look on Twitter and apparently the dancer who gets signed on the spot (???) is from Blackpink.

I think Jane Adams managed to annoy me more than The Weekend this epsiode, she doesn’t fit in and the role doesn’t suit her.

The sex scene at the end was very what-I-tell-twunks-on-grindr-when-I’m-hungover-on-a-sunday.

Stretch that pussy indeed :disco:

Who the fuck was Chloe fucking flouncing about just jumping in peoples pools and trying on their clothes. Absolutely no manners. It’s a shame she didn’t fucking die because I was wishing for it.

The music video stuff was cool/sad but I can’t get over how bad her single is. I can’t get onboard with them thinking it’s a hit. It’s no Telescope from Nashville is it.

Last edited:
Also I’ve realised any scene featuring Tedros in a nightclub just reminds me of Grand Theft Auto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom