The Netherlands 2024: Joost Klein - Europapa

Well aren't we having a LOVELY DAY? Is it because it's an extra day, that we're being spoiled with what Eurovision 1995 was MEANT TO SOUND LIKE?

The 2 Unlimited break down is 13/10. The theme is 13/10. The performance will likely be 4/10.

On average 28/10.

On second listen I liked it a bit better, but I was expecting it to hit a lot harder.

Am i going mad or does it have a very slight Moi...Lolita vibe? :D

For some reason I thought this was in Semi One. Actually he's in the back end of Semi Two with Belgium, Austria and Switzerland all voting.

I rescind my NQ prediction.

It's giving me "total disaster on the night" :hostage:

:RictusRoop:
Actually more apt to use this

1709233999103.png

It's basically the remainer answer to Flying The Flag (For You).
I can't wait to get home from work and be able to listen, as this has just set my expectations SKY HIGH

There’s a good song here, I really hope the staging doesn’t lean too hard on the novelty factor. Though that video doesn’t have me VERY HOPEFUL.

Not as good as Austria this year, but so much better than Austria last year.

He’s massive in the Netherlands. Im not surprised.

The song is fucking awful.

Yes and no. He is a very popular live act, but he has never had a hit here. Even Friesenjung only got to #47. This will be huge though.

It absolutely bangs. Hoping it pays off on stage, because he's a bit of a tit (but then so is Finland).

Out of interest, here's where all the Dutch entries have charted at home since they started doing well again

#1 Birds (2 weeks)
#1 Calm After The Storm (4 weeks)
#7 Walk Along
#5 Slow Down
#14 Lights & Shadows
#40 Outlaw In 'Em
#1 Arcade (2 weeks)
#48 Grow
#30 Birth of a New Age
#1 De diepte (1 week)
#42 Burning Daylight

I think the fact that Netherlands, Finland and to a lesser extent Croatia and Estonia all have the same deep voiced spoken-word/rapped verses will conflate them a lot in people's minds, even if the styles are ultimately quite different.

Joost and Windows95man looking so similar probaably won't help either.

Windows95man2-instagram-square.jpg

joost.jpeg

I think the fact that Netherlands, Finland and to a lesser extent Croatia and Estonia all have the same deep voiced spoken-word/rapped verses will conflate them a lot in people's minds, even if the styles are ultimately quite different.

Joost and Windows95man looking so similar probaably won't help either.

Windows95man2-instagram-square.jpg

joost.jpeg
I fully expect between the 4 of them to be at least 2 casualties on the scoreboard

My bottom 4 in a nutshell.

I fully expect between the 4 of them to be at least 2 casualties on the scoreboard

I think only Croatia will do serious damage on finals night. It's going to be interesting to see if all four get through the semis though. Estonia seem most likely to be edged out, I think that one is very much a local phenomenon which probably won't really translate. Would love to see Finland flop too though, they deserve a slap on the wrist for making such a lazy choice.

The more Kala hates it the more I love it.:disco: It's only a matter of time until @ButterTart breaks down and fully gives himself to this.

Üropa pa pa pa pa pa pa

NAlMKcF.gif

After being online for only 7 hours already a new entry at #18.

Out of interest, here's where all the Dutch entries have charted at home since they started doing well again

#1 Birds (2 weeks)
#1 Calm After The Storm (4 weeks)
#7 Walk Along
#5 Slow Down
#14 Lights & Shadows
#40 Outlaw In 'Em
#1 Arcade (2 weeks)
#48 Grow
#30 Birth of a New Age
#1 De diepte (1 week)
#42 Burning Daylight
Grow deserved so much more, but I guess the contest not happening can't have helped (without knowing how many of these peaks came around the time of Eurovision week)

Anyway, this song is a lot better than it deserves to be, coming from someone who looks so punchable.

I love it so much. 10/10 year based on what I’ve heard (Netherlands, Austria, and UK only)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom