The Netherlands 2024: Joost Klein - Europapa

Is it about to come and steal Croatia’s thunder? That would be quite funny.

I'm not sure we really need another Dutch win this soon after the last one, but I suppose it'd be nice for them given how low-key their 2021 hosting turned out to be.

Surely even more liable for a massive jury drag than Rim Tim Tagi though.

New at #104 in the global Spotify chart with 1,6 million streams.

This feels very underrated at the moment.

I feel like I'll be rinsing this more than Rave because the latter is so OVERWHELMING while this is much easier to just put on and have a nice little pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa. :)

This is absolutely bossing it on Spotify streams and YouTube views. Maybe this will connect more with the public than we're thinking?

I think it will.

I don't think it's going the whole hog but its qualifying all day long and probably doing very very well.

But then again are most of the streams from the Netherlands and Belgium? It doesn’t feel any different to when the Sanremo winner notches up millions of streams/views.

It's annoying me how out of these "party novelty" entries, Finland is the one with a very good song (and vocal!) underneath it all but that will totally get lost/ignored under its cynical gimmick and the mass pile up of similar songs

Not a fan of Europapa at all but the tide does suggest it will translate a lot more than Finland given how popular it seems so far. I hope it doesn't quite pan out that way

I watched this earlier and hated it but also kinda loved it despite being very irritated by him. but charmed too. the little ultra boppy hook part is ridiculous... I'm so torn

There is something quite HYPNOTIC in those vocals over that dead beat, but I'm loath to let it in :evil:

I can imagine it falling flat live.

Equally, I remind myself how we moan incessantly most years about all the dreary ballads, so this buffet of bangers should be appreciated before someone says "juries are back in the semis" and we all go back to being underwhelmed. This at least adds to the fun for Europe theme this year

The only thing torn will be your BUSSY, this slaps girls stop fighting it!
Their bussies:
laganja-vagina.gif

Live perf

Looks big and exciting. If this is drawn towards the end and Malmö turns into a giant mosh pit I can forsee a HUGE televote.

(EDIT: My phone initially typed "nosh pit", THAT TOO)

Live perf

Looks big and exciting. If this is drawn towards the end and Malmö turns into a giant mosh pit I can forsee a HUGE televote.

(EDIT: My phone initially typed "nosh pit", THAT TOO)

Is Malmö really going to be a mosh pit considering they’ve given all the standing tickets to the middle aged gays in cardigans who are in the OGAE fan club?

Its extremely catchy but theres somethinf about him I just find extremely offputting and.......yeah

Comfortable qualifier? Sure ..but don't think this is a challenger

I enjoy the DARKER staging compared to the video but he probably needs something in between for the night. With such a packed contest staging really is going to make the difference this year between top 5 and top 15.

Perhaps we are collectively kidding ourselves here but I’ve never seen such an overwhelming positive response to our entry. I think most are expecting this to at least finish top 10. The only people who seem to hate it are right wing politicians because of its (according to them) pro EU/anti Netherlands message.

It will be great to have a much better televote for a change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom