The Worst Person In The World

Freeze the moment…

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
My last full-length Oscar movie of the season and pleasingly I ended on a high as this was just lovely. Funny, surprising, empathetic and it really captured what I love about the feel of the big Scandinavian cities.

It’s very charming, it reminded a lot of Bergman Island (which also had Andres Danielsen Lie) where pretty Europeans deal with ennui while looking very attractive.

• Love
Reactions: VoR
Although it’s been a month since I’ve seen it and it hasn’t stayed with me.

This was okay, but I felt like I'd seen it all before. I think I'm really tired of this type of main character.

I really enjoyed this. It's a very weightless film, in a good way, and I think when it tries to dig deeper into the heavy stuff it loses itself, but it manages to hold the nerve until the end.

The two main leads were very good. She was also the spitting image of Dakota Johnson which was slightly disconcerting.

I liked this a lot but found it oddly disconcerting that the lead actress looked like the Alessi twins from Neighbours…

@Sheena if you're on a movie binge while you recuperate from your op, did you ever get around to watching Elle?

I'm convinced you'd love it. It was on Netflix for ages but you might need to acquire it via more nefarious means these days - unless you don't mind paying £4 for it on Curzon.

I didn’t…but I shall take the recommendation and go hunting for it! Thank you!

• Love
Reactions: VoR
OH DARLINGS thank you for naming this THRED after me. I’m filled to the PUCKER with JOY, I relly am!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom