US and UK launch air strikes in Yemen

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
Are we just ignoring this highly provocative escalation in the Red Sea, specifically against the Houthis and supported by several western nations? Notably led by Biden and Sunak, who bypassed Congress and Parliament respectively.

It's worth noting (as it's not always been mentioned in the reporting I've seen) that the Houthis caused precisely zero deaths with their blockade, and have also been very clear that they'll stop the moment there's a permanent ceasefire in Gaza.

World War 3 without Putin being involved directly really would be SOMETHING ELSE

World War 3 without Putin being involved directly really would be SOMETHING ELSE

Oh, I'm sure he'll find a way in. At minimum, what he'll get up to once everyone's metaphorical back is turned is terrifying to consider.

Just shows you how inculcated our Government is - over 9,000 dead children? Fine. A disruption to the flow of trade? BOMB THE BASTARDS! Capitalist extremists, slaughtering civilians for profit.

Truth.

I also wonder how much Sunak is thinking a bit of war/ “terrorist” bashing is going to affect his polling right now.

Probably not great, his only "achievement", inflation, will be reversed if the conflict escalates.

I didn’t say what it would do. I meant what he THINKS it might do.

Let’s face it, it’s not as if he has much to lose right now. Desperate times etc…

They're supplied by Iran, so I wonder what the end goal of the west is?

They've been firing missiles at container ships though, and there haven't been deaths because the missiles have been intercepted. They have also abducted the crew of one Japanese ship. Those are just civilians doing their boring jobs who have no culpability for what's happening to the people of Gaza.

The response feels like it might be too much, too soon, and with potential to spiral out into a much wider conflict, but i also don't think the Houthis' relative failure is reason to let them keep trying.

They've been firing missiles at container ships though, and there haven't been deaths because the missiles have been intercepted. They have also abducted the crew of one Japanese ship. Those are just civilians doing their boring jobs who have no culpability for what's happening to the people of Gaza.
Well said.

Profit. They're becoming like the Underpants Gnomes, only homicidal.
But it does give them another stage of war against Iran. Which they are fully aware of. We're essentially in proxy war territory.

Of course weapons are profit, but isn't everything?

It's worth noting (as it's not always been mentioned in the reporting I've seen) that the Houthis caused precisely zero deaths with their blockade, and have also been very clear that they'll stop the moment there's a permanent ceasefire in Gaza.
That is NOT true, and no, they won't.
They're another terrorist organisation that has been brewing for years.

Who is Kai Heron? Is this thread going to go down the same route as the other one then?
Am I allowed to say negative things about Houthis (a terrorist group) )?

Last edited:
Who is Kai Heron? Is this thread going to go down the same route as the other one then?
What are you trying to say? According to his bio he's a politics lecturer, I've seen the same quote shared elsewhere but I posted it here because it was the first one I saw.

What a absolute triumph for the Islamist regime in Iran. A year ago everyone was cheering on the women’s protests against the regime’s oppression and brutality. Now their paid terrorists and pirates are being celebrated?

It does make me question how many people have even taken the time to put those two factors together.

Not causing an OIL SPILL on your own doorstep to own the West.

Last edited:
Judt to reiterate, I’m not going to war.

As an asthmatic I’m assuming I’m exempt from the front lines but they’ll probably have me sat in a bunker doing Alan Turing decoding projects

I wonder if I could convince them I failed my maths GCSE

For the record, I’m shit at carpentry too.

1000007485.jpg

You'd never know that it was an election year in both the UK and the US, would you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom