we need to talk about FASHION

Jark

User
I think so. Paris is happening now and Milan Fashion Week had quite a few interesting debuts and buzzy moments...

just watched Victoria Beckham's Paris SS23 which was quite an austere collection. I wasn't sure what to think of it. some of the darker lewks were more interesting

VB loves a skinny (white) model though. where's the diversity?

I really enjoyed the first collection by Rhuigi for Bally in Milan. a nice casual luxury vibe with a definite hint of Tom Ford for Gucci. Joan Smalls' denim shirt/black metallic dress moment was :disco:, the jewelry and accessories were truly to die for

Kanye opening for Balenciaga, I know he’s evil but he’s kind of serving here.

the Bella Hadid dress is fabulous and surely the biggest moment from any of the fashion weeks.

1665488156009.png

She's a legend she's an icon and she is
The moment

Also: calling @Soldi @Tisch

Don’t love how they’ve nearly DOUBLED in price over the last few years.

I don’t think I’ve ever been inside a Diechmann, it looks ghastly and depressing enough from the outside.

Now I'm having horrific flashbacks of being dragged to CLARKS VILLAGE in Somerset for school shoes every year ;(

I recently brought some Docs and now I wear them for every occasion! Work? Docs. Clubbing? Docs. Walking around the kitchen after I accidentally smashed a glass? Docs.

I've got some cherry red Doc Marten boots, I fucking love them but rarely wear them. They're impossible to drive in, so that rules them out a lot of the time. And I either look like I'm off to take part in a right wing rally or end up in some sort of piss dungeon the rest of the time.

The Primark & Greggs collab was iconic but come through Clarks we need a stiletto version please

1665498380418.png

By the way I am sure @Jark is very happy at the FASHUN turn this thread has taken

the VB show in Paris this week got great reviews, and the brand turned a profit for the first time last year. some of the lewks were :disco:

00001-victoria-beckham-fall-2023-ready-to-wear-credit-gorunway.jpg

00006-victoria-beckham-fall-2023-ready-to-wear-credit-gorunway.jpg

00016-victoria-beckham-fall-2023-ready-to-wear-credit-gorunway.jpg

00023-victoria-beckham-fall-2023-ready-to-wear-credit-gorunway.jpg

00021-victoria-beckham-fall-2023-ready-to-wear-credit-gorunway.jpg

I want the cream turtleneck!

I absolutely LOVE some of those looks but I still don’t think she has turned over a profit…yet. Losses are down on previous years though.

I absolutely LOVE some of those looks but I still don’t think she has turned over a profit…yet. Losses are down on previous years though.
right you are. losses were minimised and probably it'll turn a profit this year. I jumped the gun!

I’ve always loved what she does but I have never understood why she loses so much money with the amount she sells. She’s in so many great stores and a worldwide celebrity and still makes a loss ? We are just a tiny fraction of the size of her business and we are ok.. I always wonder where she spends the money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom