we need to talk about FASHION

right you are. losses were minimised and probably it'll turn a profit this year. I jumped the gun!

She made a 6 million loss last year, down on the 8 million loss the previous year. At the current rate you are probably talking a possible profit in 25/26. The company is at an overall loss of 60 million since it was established. Luckily her and David have a massive stash which has kept it afloat and they are in it for the long haul, so are fortunate enough they could hold out until it does start making money which I am confident WILL happen.

Last edited:
I’ve always loved what she does but I have never understood why she loses so much money with the amount she sells. She’s in so many great stores and a worldwide celebrity and still makes a loss ? We are just a tiny fraction of the size of her business and we are ok.. I always wonder where she spends the money

Ooh do you do female fashion? Please link me up. :disco:

• Love
Reactions: LTZ
We are just a tiny fraction of the size of her business and we are ok.. I always wonder where she spends the money
why am I sceeaming at this? :D she raids the company finances to fund her taste for tasty GRILLED FISH DINNERS.

this is maybe not the right place but you can check out lutz_huelle_paris on IG if you like

I’m not instagram but will have a snoop on my daughters at some point. Thank you darling.

• Care
She's still on a steady income thanks to all the fucking SG merch they keep pumping out where she barely has a han in it, QUEEN.

Meh, no thanks. Victoria Beckham belongs back in New York.

McQueen was the F/W 2023 standout for me, although they're not terribly original these days either. The tailoring is off the charts though

ALEXANDER MCQUEEN
ALEXANDER MCQUEEN
ALEXANDER MCQUEEN

I like it! I want to refresh my closet and I'm looking for something special. I hesitate between fashionable clothes and comfortable. The most important thing is to get the right size and fit for your body type. We wear clothes to give us confidence and show off who we are, well being uncomfortable and in pain doesn't put forth any kind of confidence. So it's important to get the right clothes for your body, and that doesn't mean you can't be fashionable or stylish. I was looking for my own style and favorite brands for a long time but now I'm confident and feel comfortable in different clothes. Recently I found a good shop by the reviews here and there I can find anything I need.

Last edited:
which brand/designer happens to be your fave???
Undoubtedly, Dior and other designers inspire me with their timeless creations. However, I must admit my heart lies with vintage clothing more than modern. The elegance and charm of bygone eras captivate me. There's something magical about owning a piece of history, agree? That's why I bought a fantastic dress on https://www.wardrobeshop.com/collections/tea-length-dresses for my collection. I'm excited!

Last edited:
I mean, there's no intersection AT ALL between sportswear and FASHION!

tangentially, enjoyed reading this fairly in-depth profile of Miuccia Prada from New York Times. I'm tempted to say she comes off as quite sane for somebody so successful, but then she does have a METAL SLIDE from her OFFICE to the courtyard outside where her car picks her up :D

• Love
ok LISTEN! we need to talk about the Maison Margiela show at couture week - to say it's had raves is an understatement. almost universally being described as the most essential couture show in years. it's weird, slightly haunting, full of tightly cinched corsets, a bit of old school Galliano with a strange futuristic tweak and some frankly astonishing porcelain doll make-up. not to mention Gwendoline Christine giving EVERYTHING to close the show.

pretty incredible stuff. (just watch on mute once the hot amputee has stopped singing and the 20 minute remix of Hometown Glory begins)

It was amazing, and the best collection from Haute Couture week. It's distinctly Galliano and he's truly back. This collection alone will bring him to the TikTok generation because he's been invisible for so long.

I do wish he would've leaned more into Margeila's deconstruction but I love his Les Miserables-esque grit regardless.

Last edited:
I’m celebrating haute couture week by wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and old running shoes to work

This collection alone will bring him to the TikTok generation
This collection went viral af and now there are kids everywhere trying to recreate the glass doll makeup :disco:

Meanwhile, here's Anne Hathaway wearing one of the pieces for V Magazine Summer 2024.

I remain baffled by the continued success of Thom Browne and its disgusting fashions! How can it afford to repeatedly put on a couture show that NO ONE is buying?

I remain baffled by the continued success of Thom Browne and its disgusting fashions! How can it afford to repeatedly put on a couture show that NO ONE is buying?

He is awful. His technique is solid but his ideas are very contrived.

The advantage of showing at HC week is it builds the brand's prestige with fairly low risk. The company only produces pieces when they're ordered by the client. There's no mass manufacturing so there's very minimal loss.

And for a company like Zegna, who owns Thom Browne, to compete with the luxury giants this will be their entry into the couture market.

Regardless, he's still only a Guest designer. Time will tell if Zegna can actually seriously contend in the market.

The advantage of showing at HC week is it builds the brand's prestige with fairly low risk. The company only produces pieces when they're ordered by the client. There's no mass manufacturing so there's very minimal loss.

The secret is incredibly high expenditure with no revenue! He’s a business maven!!!

There’s nothing redeemable about Thom Browne in its couture (or the one-note ready to wear for that matter).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom