Will you be watching the Qatari World Cup?

Will you be watching?

• Total voters
I especially love the idea you can’t criticise Qatar because of, the whole of European history?

The whole thing is fucking disgusting. And that’s just what’s happened since the tournament started. From the threat of the yellow cards for wearing the One Love armband, to FIFA threatening legal action to people who post clips online of the Iranian team not singing the national anthem, it’s an absolute farce. FIFA are absolute cunts.

Forced on me again in the office today. I thought it might be just England and Wales but no, it's on again today. Seething.

Isn’t the Iranian thing more down to broadcasting rights? It’s the same with the IOC - that’s where the money is, so no one can post any of their footage.

From what I can gather, the reaction to the team not singing the anthem is too little, too late. None of the players spoke out before hand, and they happily met with the government, which was perceived as a lack of support for the protests. There’s a lot of anger aimed at the team amongst Iranians.

It's interesting to see the Argentine and Saudi fans mixing together in the stadium. I wonder if all the matches will be like this.

Also 5 minutes of added time, another big extension.

sepp blatter money GIF

And the sheer nerve of Aljazeera/AJ+ (Qatar's state-controlled mouthpieces) shutting down any criticism of this whole business by putting it down to western 'racism' and 'islamophobia' is well outrageous (but expected from Qatar) :zombie:
Ew. Anything by AJ is straight up propaganda. The content/facts isn't always necessarily wrong, but they only present those facts when it suits them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom