WTFH tour

Michelle Visage is in London this week - I’m sure they’ve considered having her pop along for a cameo at the weekend but sod it, is it too late to draft her in for the whole show? 😍

Reactions: COB
What a wonderful show! They did very well without Faye I think, and obviously more LSL vox are always welcome from this corner :disco: Claire was mostly on point but I did catch the odd shaky line (which I probably only noticed since she's usually so good) - hopefully it's not her coming down with anything :shock:

Well.

It was fine. Their last tour was so much better though, and I don't think much of that is down to Faye not being there. Claire was totally phoning it in, the staging was much less interesting and the setlist just wasn't as strong either.

And we missed SEB :angry:

I don’t think I’ll ever get over LSL with that ridiculous HAT.

I think this proves how Queen Faye is truly the backbone of Steps. Missed her so so much.

I’ve seen a few clips of Leeds and Glasgow. I suppose it is a testament to just how live they sing everything these days that some of the songs do sound quite empty without Faye on them.

Particularly ones like It’s The Way You Make Me Feel where she’s so prominent in the chorus.

I was agog when Lee mentioned that last night was the first time they'd performed The Slightest Touch on this tour :shock: Why wouldn't they have done it at the other dates?! Maybe he was just mixed up.

I was agog when Lee mentioned that last night was the first time they'd performed The Slightest Touch on this tour :shock: Why wouldn't they have done it at the other dates?! Maybe he was just mixed up.
Can confirm he was mixed up.

Reactions: COB
Perhaps there was an implied comma and he meant that this tour is the first time they have performed it.

That could be it! ZG was wondering if it was down to different venues having different noise curfew regulations, meaning songs being cut on certain dates or something. I'm glad everyone got it :disco:

Went last night in Brighton. Queen Faye was sadly missed but her videos and Lee seemed to get the biggest cheers all night.
I’m sure LSL just looked baffled the whole time which was to her expected .
5678 was a strange highlight

Well that was bloody brilliant at the o2 last night.

I went into it slightly negative as I love Faye so much...but credit to them they did a good job as a 4. LSL's vocals although shreeky in places were stronger than I expected. They did a good job moving around the vocals as Claire couldn't do much more than she already does.

Very impressed with the setlist and what they crammed in, they really don't stop for two whole hours do they. Of course Claire carries the vocals but they all seem to have improved live. I could do without H 'I am a gay man' speech but there we go :D

Lee said the same thing about 'Slightest Touch' that its the first time again they have performed it :D I think he means this tour is the first time they have performed it together, not on TV or anything. Was quite good to see Queen Louise Redknapp losing her shit to The Slightest Touch in her BOX given her previously covering it

It was really nice to see parents with their younger children infront of us who seemed to have taken them as their daughter who looked about 12 loved 'Scared of the Dark' so much; they arrived late and asked if this song had been played yet :disco:

Faye for Lee is obviously not a bad trade, but they’ll be lucky to get through three more gigs at this rate…

• Wow
Reactions: dUb
I was wondering why there wasn’t more jubilation on their socials at Faye returning. Tonight is going to be a messy show.

It’s bordering on awkward just how little the show lost out for not having Lee there.

Fantastic once again.

How did they reshuffle 5,6,7,8 and It’s The Way You Make Me Feel?
5,6,7,8 was the only bit where his absence was really noticeable. They put the words on the screen but nobody really joined in. I don’t see why they didn’t do what they did for Faye during Tragedy and put him on the screen with his vocals playing out or something.

It’s The Way You Make Me Feel was identical, just no Lee. Faye was back to do her bit so H just did the boy bits.

Reactions: VoR
There was a lovely speech from Faye at the start where she said how great it is to be back and asked everyone to be patient with what could be a slightly ropey show (it wasn’t) - I’m guessing one of them made a similar plea when Faye was off but I’d imagine it was so much more human coming from her!

Anyway that went down well but other than that it was a bit of an H & Claire crowd tonight. :eyes:

Judging by social media the majority of London gays went last night and tonight was made up of heterosexual stragglers, me, @dUb and Rylan.

Sadly the upper echelons of the 02 were ROPED OFF tonight, but it was still very fun - even if there was a pungent smell of GAMMON from a lot of the audience (as opposed to the fragrant scent of POPPERS!)

H did a lovely speech about being LGBTQI+, in which he firmly and clearly stated that there is no LGB without the T - and I personally thought that was very applaudable.
H may REEK of Tory energy, but he really did utilise the platform that he has been gifted. I ALSO imagine there is quite a strong correlation between Harry Potter fans and the Steps audience present :eyes: which made him saying that so clearly all the more important.

The new songs bombed (even seemingly by Steps themselves, who seemed to want to get them over with :D), and the 5678/Groove Is In The Heart mashup was dementedly BIZARRE :D

There's definitely no way Take Me For a Ride is ever being performed (or spoken of) again after this tour :D

Slightest Touch, Something In Your Eyes and Heartbreak In This City went fairly big in Leeds, if not quite to the 90s song levels. Hundred Years of Winter was a nice moment where we could all sit down without feeling rude :)

Looking at the setlist Take Me For A Ride was the song performed after Neon Blue? I've never seen a song bomb as hard as that did at an ARENA SPECTACULAR before :D
The queue at the bar was almost at pre-on stage levels :D Following up Neon Blue (which wasn't exactly enthusiastically received) with a new song was also a choice tbh.

I do sympathise, as it must be so difficult trying to work new songs into a set for a drunken crowd that just want the hits - Here And Now also had a relatively chilly reception in my area, despite being near the end and reworked into something approaching a club banger.

ANYWAY, not to dwell on the negative as I'm sure most of the crowd wouldn't have noticed or cared. It was great fun and we got FAYE! :disco:

Lisa Scott Lee having multiple moments where she was the ONLY THING ON STAGE at the 02, and proceeded to talk to the audience like a primary school teacher would to her class was a real WTF moment :D

Lisa Scott Lee having multiple moments where she was the ONLY THING ON STAGE at the 02, and proceeded to talk to the audience like a primary school teacher would to her class was a real WTF moment :D
Oh my god YES. There’s also something about every time she asks a question of the audience that has the air of begging for validation. “Did you all enjoy Summer of Love????????”

I particularly enjoyed the part that I assume was originally meant to be a Lee link because she completely lost her train of thought and started babbling on about having the support of her family in a completely unrelated speech.

Having never heard Take Me For A Ride before tonight, giving the video a whirl now I'm so baffled how it even got recorded? It literally sounds like a Steps song with absolutely every shred of joy removed from it?

It just PLODS and PLODS. Even more bizarre it was a lead single (!)

Oh my god YES. There’s also something about every time she asks a question of the audience that has the air of begging for validation. “Did you all enjoy Summer of Love????????”

I particularly enjoyed the part that I assume was originally meant to be a Lee link because she completely lost her train of thought and started babbling on about having the support of her family in a completely unrelated speech.

Summer Of Love was such a HIGH SEROTONIN MOMENT to be fair :disco:

Having never heard Take Me For A Ride before tonight, giving the video a whirl now I'm so baffled how it even got recorded? It literally sounds like a Steps song with absolutely every shred of joy removed from it?

It just PLODS and PLODS. Even more bizarre it was a lead single (!)
A quick listen to the rest of What The Future Holds Pt. 2 will explain that one.

Uh oh… seems there’s more bad news to come tomorrow… Not sure what mind.

Uh oh… seems there’s more bad news to come tomorrow… Not sure what mind.

A real shame they couldn't finish it out, but all things considered they were lucky to get as far into the tour as they did.

Touring in general is just going to be a logistical nightmare for the forseeable, isn't it?

How on earth do you insure stadium/arena gigs when there's a high likelihood that they could be cancelled on the day with no advance warning?

Touring in general is just going to be a logistical nightmare for the forseeable, isn't it?

How on earth do you insure stadium/arena gigs when there's a high likelihood that they could be cancelled on the day with no advance warning?
You can't! Marillion (who are independent and therefore pay for everything out their own pocket) have crowd sourced insurance from their fans, who have underwritten their tour for £150k. If the tour was cancelled due to Covid, the band would take the money to cover the costs of the tour, but if no cancellation, everyone got their money back plus some merchandise. I believe the tour went without a hitch. It's quite an interesting idea.

Interesting! But I'm guessing Marillion aren't playing arenas these days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom