You guys, why did you never tell me about…

wildchild

fine piece of real estate
CARLY RAE JEPSEN?

I mean, I heard Call Me Maybe and Run Away with Me before but only now I’m discovering her magnificient backcat — the whole truth is starting to unfold in front of my eyes one song at a time. Post your faves!

Oh my god!
Too many!

you have to listen to emotion and emotion side b and devotion and devotion side b

but a few faves:
Let’s get lost
Fever
Happy not knowing
Comeback

I’d say start with the emotion album. One of the best of all time. And I’m not kidding

Thank you! I knew I could count on my fellow Gwen Stefani stans to fill me in. Let’s Get Lost sounds lush! :disco:

Reactions: RJN
I can understand if you don’t move in gay chat lounge circles that you might not know anything deeper than Call me maybe and I really like you. But you know Come away with me?

anyway get into CAWM first

I can understand if you don’t move in gay chat lounge circles that you might not know anything deeper than Call me maybe and I really like you. But you know Come away with me?

anyway get into CAWM first
Run Away With Me you mean? :confused:

OT: a cafe I was studying in played the whole Come away with me album and it was quite lovely! So I’ve stopped calling her Snorah Drones

LUDICROUSNESS of this aside, this has prompted me to have an E•MO•TION day and CHRIST :disco:

I can’t believe we got E*MO*TION and Ten Love Songs in the same year.

What a time!
2015 was jawdropping for pop - King! Love Me Like You Do! Sorry! Hello! TURN THE MUSIC LOUDER!

• Love
I'm now on E•MO•TION SIDE B and OMG - every single one of these tracks is so stuffed with hooks as to be practically UNLISTENABLE to straights!

• Love
I'm glad this thread exists though because I'm currently cherry picking my way through Dedicated (her safest record, but also her best). the demented pitch shifted backing vox of Everything He Needs :disco: the plodding beat of Too Much that is somehow very lethargic and also life itself :disco: the joyous EXPLOSIONS of Feels Right and Want You In My Room!

she's an interesting artist on many levels. hardly the most adventurous writer out there, but she's exquisitely in touch with her own tingly outlook on love and romance. one cannot not be charmed by Carly Rae Jepsen, as the good sis @wildchild is belatedly discovering now.

emotionally... spiritually... intellectually.

Controversial maybe, but I prefer Devotion Side B to Devotion

1. Emotion
2. Emotion Side B
3. Devotion Side B
4. Devotion
5. Kiss

CRJ TOP TEN!

01 When I Needed You
02 Your Type / Call Me Maybe
03 Want You In My Room
04 I Really Like You
05 Feels Right
06 Real Love
07 Gimmie Love
08 Felt This Way
09 Solo
10 Now I Don't Hate California After All

1. Run Away with Me
2. Warm Blood
3. Emotion
4. Cry
5. Higher
6. Let's Get Lost
7. I Really Like You
8. Gimme Love
9. All That
10. Now That I Found You / Want You in My Room / Too Much

It's really all about the second album for me (and Side B). Dedicated is satisfactory but just doesn't have the dizzying highs.

3. Devotion Side B
4. Devotion
girl GIF

Thanks for all the suggestions loves! I listened to Emotion today and loved it! I'm now on E•MO•TION SIDE B and OMG - every single one of these tracks is so stuffed with hooks as to be practically UNLISTENABLE to straights! One of the highlights being First Time. :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom