2023 Holiday plans

Just yesterday booked a week's trip which involves a cruise Stockholm->Helsinki-> back to Stockholm followed by a friend's wedding in Krakow.

I don't think we'll have a BIG holiday abroad this year outside of that. I'm keen to see more places in the UK and have some cute cabin getaways or something.

I’ve always wanted to do a Helsinki-Riga-Tallinn cruise

Previously also including St Petersburg but maybe not now :(

I’ve always wanted to do a Helsinki-Riga-Tallinn cruise

Previously also including St Petersburg but maybe not now :(
Yes if we didn't have the Krakow wedding I'd have liked to extended it to Tallinn and Riga too. Especially Tallinn. Looking forward to seeing Krakow though even if the older generations reaction to it has been to hiss and say "...bit dodgy..." :rolleyes:

I'm also a bit scared of BOATS so very :hostage:

ru-paul-drag-race-i-cant-wait-to-see-how-this-turns-out.gif

about it all. :basil:

Obviously I know it'll be fine. :)

Yes if we didn't have the Krakow wedding I'd have liked to extended it to Tallinn and Riga too. Especially Tallinn. Looking forward to seeing Krakow though even if the older generations reaction to it has been to hiss and say "...bit dodgy..." :rolleyes:

I'm also a bit scared of BOATS so very :hostage:

ru-paul-drag-race-i-cant-wait-to-see-how-this-turns-out.gif

about it all. :basil:

Obviously I know it'll be fine. :)
Oh I had one evening in Krakow due to work and it’s lovely! Really want to go back and explore properly

I’m not sure if they’ll be a big summer Beverley this year - me and Mrs are going to Thailand and Vietnam next month, and then that’s his all the time off he can get for the year. I don’t have any plans beyond that really, though I would like to go to Jordan.

I’m not sure if they’ll be a big summer Beverley this year - me and Mrs are going to Thailand and Vietnam next month, and then that’s his all the time off he can get for the year. I don’t have any plans beyond that really, though I would like to go to Jordan.
Ooh where in Thailand?
Went in 2019, Chiang Mai, Krabi and Bangkok really want to go back one day

Krakow is stunning. Say hi to my family. I don't know what's dodgy about it. Sounds like good old fashioned family racism.

Ooh where in Thailand?
Went in 2019, Chiang Mai, Krabi and Bangkok really want to go back one day

Me and the Mrs really love Bangkok (though we’ve never been together), so we’re spending loads of time there, followed by some days in Ko Lanta and Ko Muk. And then we go to Hanoi and Hue.

I’ve already filled my google maps with food places I want to visit in BKK :disco:

Krakow is stunning. Say hi to my family. I don't know what's dodgy about it. Sounds like good old fashioned family racism.
I'm not sure if it's worry about the right wing government there, or old fashioned "Eastern Europe = dodgy" or a bit of both. I tried explaining to both sides it's a common holiday destination these days. I know a few people who have gone and heard nothing but great things

Me and the Mrs really love Bangkok (though we’ve never been together), so we’re spending loads of time there, followed by some days in Ko Lanta and Ko Muk. And then we go to Hanoi and Hue.

I’ve already filled my google maps with food places I want to visit in BKK :disco:
Ooh very jealous! The food really is divine

Ooohh Miss Bev, I’m thinking about going to Vietnam in spring for two weeks. How long is the Vietnam part for you?

It's a lovely city, very metropolitan and touristy. The UK has a right wing government, just saying.

The Polish government are absolute cunts however.

Ooohh Miss Bev, I’m thinking about going to Vietnam in spring for two weeks. How long is the Vietnam part for you?

We’re only spending a week or so there because a) we wanted to have more time to chill in Bangkok and b) it can take a while to get to places if you don’t like flying. But with two weeks, you could do loads: Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh? 🤩

Also - I think Krakow used to be a bit dodge; I remember going in 2007 and avoiding the Warsaw-Krakow night train cos I’d heard about people getting drugged and robbed. But it was lovely even then.

We’re only spending a week or so there because a) we wanted to have more time to chill in Bangkok and b) it can take a while to get to places if you don’t like flying. But with two weeks, you could do loads: Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh? 🤩

Oooh, please report back. South East Asia is on my list for Summer (July - August. I'll be sweating so much, sigh!)

That’s basically the idea! A bit of both the north and the south.

Oooh, please report back. South East Asia is on my list for Summer (July - August. I'll be sweating so much, sigh!)
It would be a lot more practical for me in the summer, but isn’t that region a no-go in summer with the monsoon season?

It would be a lot more practical for me in the summer, but isn’t that region a no-go in summer with the monsoon season?

it was very limiting when I was last in Japan as all the trains would be in and out of service (actually got stuck in Kyoto at one point), and I can only imagine that Vietnam gets even more rain

Being on sick pay and leaving my job mean that this year will probably be a bit sparse on the holiday front. Though I might go to a wedding in Greece.

Camino 2024.

• Care
Reactions: COB
Krakow is indeed amazing. A very strange and particular energy. And everyone looks like they’re about to cry. It’s been years since I went but Alchemia in Kazimierz is a must. I can’t imagine it’s changed much. Very weird and witchy :disco:

Also lots of weird alleys and underground bars and what not :disco:

The language is a fucking nightmare but it adds to the surreal fun

Be warned that assistants in supermarkets will always ask for the fucking GROSZY at the till so the usual trick of throwing a high value note at them because you don’t understand what they’re saying DOES NOT WORK

(Although they might be more card-oriented these days anyway - I went in 2006)

I am going to Norway in a couple of weeks but of course everyone ignored the thread I bumped a while ago to ask for recommendations because it wasn't about stupid Eurovision :(

I am going to Norway in a couple of weeks but of course everyone ignored the thread I bumped a while ago to ask for recommendations because it wasn't about stupid Eurovision :(

I was born there. not much to see, sorry!

I'm off to Morocco in July, and at the start of March I'm going to Sweden for something called the 'Melanie Festivals'. I've not heard of it but Suomi tells me it's full of cool heterosexuals so I can look forward to lots of in-depth discussions about microbreweries.

I've just booked a flying visit to Ireland's version of Blackpool because I had some annual leave to use up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom