2023 Holiday plans

Apoca

ASCENDENTE
Well, this feels like the first year in a while where one can actually plan ahead (famous last words).

I have a total of 53 days of vacation leave to my availability between April and October.

Italy and Croatia are planned from May. I'm thinking about taking a full momth off in July/August and am rather tempted by South-East Asia or South America, having seen neither yet.

• Wow
Reactions: D5K
definitely weekend trips to New York, Chicago, and Baltimore. I think I’ll do a week in LA as well. Probably a beach in South Carolina or Florida with my family at some point. I want to go to England but that’s less sure

I’ll probably do a few other short trips I haven’t planned yet

So far only plans for Paris, probably around April.

Also a weekend away to STUNNING PORTSMOUTH in February!!!

I’ll probably do a few other short trips I haven’t planned yet

It's taken me almost 35 years but I have to plan the short ones, too. Otherwise I'll just make excuse for work and other stuff and end up with compromises that leave me short changed. :zombie:

It's taken me almost 35 years but I have to plan the short ones, too. Otherwise I'll just make excuse for work and other stuff and end up with compromises that leave me short changed. :zombie:
Oh I still plan them. I just haven’t yet

I had planned a jaunt to Portugal in late March but now as I’m going to be working in Mumbai for 5 weeks in February I’ll have to reschedule that plan. I’m hoping to get to Venezuela to visit my friend in summer who moved back there but the issue is I’d feel bad about going to South America and not seeing another friend who lives in Brazil and I won’t have time for both.

A glamorous week in LIVERPOOL in May :disco: There’s also Cyprus for my cousins wedding in June and Amsterdam in August.

Going to NZ in January which I don't really want to, but a family thing. Stag in Gdansk in March and lakes in June for a week. We will see what else.

Spain in mid-March for a week with mum. Liverpool in May at the same time as a bunch of other Moopists. I’ve booked a week off at the beginning of September as it is unlikely that I will be able to go away once the uni term starts. I’m thinking Greece maybe?

That leaves three weeks still to take. Maybe I shouldn’t have bought that extra week of leave after all.

Looking to book Lanzarote towards the end of January, I need some SUN.

I have a wedding in Italy, near Naples, in September so going to make that into a week’s holiday and hopefully doing New York in October.

where are you going? do you know yet? have you already planned/booked? would LOVE TO KNOW so DO TELL.

I'm planning a trip to Slovenia in June with my bestie - has anyone been? it looks beautiful.

kranjska_gora_jezero_jasna_minephoto_001.jpg

we have a week want to do Bled and the Soça Valley, but were also thinking of maybe a couple of days in Austria - maybe Graz? or is it better to spend the weekend in Ljubljana and do a full week in Slovenia?

answers on a postcard please!

I'm off to Athens for a stag-do in September. MUCH EXCITE.

Hoping to get another week away sorted earlier in the year. Maybe Berlin, maybe Croatia, we will see...

where are you going? do you know yet? have you already planned/booked? would LOVE TO KNOW so DO TELL.

I'm planning a trip to Slovenia in June with my bestie - has anyone been? it looks beautiful.

we have a week want to do Bled and the Soça Valley, but were also thinking of maybe a couple of days in Austria - maybe Graz? or is it better to spend the weekend in Ljubljana and do a full week in Slovenia?

Oh Ljubljana is a lovely little city, it’s like from a Disney cartoon. Spent three or four nights there and did a day trip to Bled. Walked round whole lake, had a swim and did the castle easily.

I thought we already had a thread? :o

Anyway, Cyprus in June for a wedding and Amsterdam in August for :weed:

Oh Slovenia is beautiful. Bled is an ACTUAL postcard. Actually, driving through the country, the entire thing is a postcard. Here’s what I did:

Bled and surrounding for a couple of days
Hiking, mount Vogel. Breath taking views at the summit.
The other lake, Bohinj. More preserved and wild.
Canoeing in Soça.
Ljubljana is lovely, a couple of days should be enough. I really liked the museum of contemporary art and Metelkova.

Oh Slovenia is beautiful. Bled is an ACTUAL postcard. Actually, driving through the country, the entire thing is a postcard. Here’s what I did:

Canoeing in Soça.
Ljubljana is lovely, a couple of days should be enough. I really liked the museum of contemporary art and Metelkova.
Oh Metelkova is great !
Did you go have a drink up the "skyscraper" ? Lovely views

Canoeing in Soça.
this is useful, thanks! maybe we'll do the whole week inside Slovenia then.

has anyone been to GRAZ though? is it giving/worth it?

Weve just booked our annual trip to a campsite in Dorset, dead basic facilities, no set pitches, just rock up and camp. Theres even more of us going this year, around 30 with kids. I love it so much.

Barcelona for the anniversary of Sonar is already booked. also pondering about going to a trance festival in the dark deep forests of Sweden in August. rest of the summer will likely be spent in the Danish countryside

Family holiday to Fuerteventura in May, potentially another family holiday to Menorca or Crete in September and strongly considering New York in November.

I would go to the Piran/Izola coastline for 2 days instead.

If you want to do Austrian cities, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Vienna are cuter. Graz is totally fine for a day or two though.

As for @Jark re-running this thread - there is enough room for everyone 🤗

what's the other thread? I searched but saw nothing.

thanks beb, it looks like we'll actually end up in Salzburg because it's better for flights out, so that's good to know.

Here for a merge with the thread being everyone posting about where they’re going on holiday twice :disco:

I presume Greta Thunberg Jark will be going there in a raft, to save the environment at all costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom