Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

SW-5032-5491-0251 if anyone wants to add me! I'm not sure if I can accept visitors on the first day?

I spent 2 hours landscaping. And blew all my money on this parsnips gamble.

That Donald Duck thing was nowhere to be seen by the time I remembered. Where on earth were those mystery parts anyway?

I’m running out of things to do, I can’t play for 4 hours every day without losing steam, can you imagine?

I think I’m going to sort my fruit trees, I want some zoning. Also I might make a flower garden on my highlands so I can try to make some hybrids, but I think I’ll forget to water them. Around my house is a bit cluttered already

I can’t remember what I paid for my turnips yesterday

I think I paid 93 per turnip but they are only selling for 73 today. Hmph!

They really couldn't have launched the game at a better moment, could they?

I'm scared to even start it in case I choose the wrong name for my island and regret it.....

Clearly coronavirus is not the only anxiety inducing thing in my life right now.

Seems like they are fluctuating like the old games. 100 is sort of the average, I think you can hold out a bit longer. It can jump to 200+ sometimes

I sold mine for 140, so I made a 16,000 profit. The rates change every 12 hours at 12. I've also heard 200 is the highest they go to, but I want to pay off the loan for my new home upgrade asap.

I got my oranges - woohoo! I didn't know you could plant them, so my already messy island is going to just be an unwalkable forest.

I'm thinking of ignoring Ursala. One more "oh it's you" comment and she's out.

Today is basically the first non-event day other than the bridge opening and Flurry moving in and I don't feel like chopping wood for 3 hours.

Today is basically the first non-event day other than the bridge opening and Flurry moving in and I don't feel like chopping wood for 3 hours.

yeah I was at a bit of a loss (and yet somehow spent about 5 hours)

I weeded the island, and caught a load of sea fish. I was a bit cross that the bridge recipe seems to have disappeared, I wanted one more.

Mabel the hedgehog came with a decent selection, so I got a colourful track suit and some Lisa Loeb glasses. I just thought if I bought enough shit she would eventually make a shop.

I tried to visit another desert island but it was bollocks - tiny, really hard to navigate, hardly any resources and STILL bloody pears. And no villagers! Just hoarding materials now, got enough for basically anything, but I keep running out of regular wood

My "hot item" of the day was a soft wood special (my least favourite "lmao"), so I axed everything and made about 20, so I've very little left.

I'm set to resume a DIY lesson when I return. Has anyone bothered with the pervy photographer luring you to his various dungeons/studios? I haven't been bothered yet.

SW-5032-5491-0251 if anyone wants to add me! I'm not sure if I can accept visitors on the first day?
I just added you!

I've only just discovered that you have to shake every tree on an island to find the one that gives you a random gift. Love how much there still is to discover.

Reactions: COB
Even better, I got two gifts on one of the days, so I guess there’s a small chance of that too!

I got a massive oarfish worth 7,000, but handed it in. The museum is really well done, I can't wait to see it more fleshed out as it were.

The more durable tools certainly make it better.

Apparently there are homosexual gay and lesbian couples to meet in this too (I'll put my order in for the flamingo ornaments tomorrow).

There are? It sounds like Twitter porkies to me :D my friend also read on twitter that some of the random islands have giant tarantulas :eyes:

At least now I’m in a position where I’m not scratting around for materials, apart from regular and soft wood, but that’s pretty easy to come by.

I’ve even got 4 bits of GOLD

I was thinking my villagers were fairly boring, but today they were finally a bit more sociable and a little strange.

Clyde the horse spent the morning running at full speed around the trees, taking a rest and then running some more.

Shari the monkey was just standing in the plaza singing some nonsense song

I haven't got a slingshot yet, I keep missing lots of lovely presents. :( How do you get hold of it?

Also, how do I travel to other players' islands? I have a few internet friends I get notified are online (including @COB ) but when I go to the airport I get the same message that they can't find any Islands I can visit right now.

I did get a visit from someone else after I said I wanted visitors and left the gate open. Is that what everybody else needs to do?

Yeah, you have to open your gate to friends then you'll show up when they search for islands to visit. I've had Mz. COB on mine a few times and it's quite fun, but I also sort of wanted him to bugger off so I could get back to fishing :D

Unless you are “best friends” you’ll be a little restricted, no shovels or axes for example!

I haven't got a slingshot yet, I keep missing lots of lovely presents. :( How do you get hold of it?
There’s a recipe for it along the way but you can just buy one outright from Timmy/Tommy!

Couldn’t remember if you can get them on day 1 or not. I think it was only the shovel you couldn’t get

All Timmy/Tommy is offering me so far is shitty home furnishings!

I have all the other essentials I think - Shovel, Vaulting Pole, Fishing Rod, Axe. I've even managed to get the museum constructed and the shop is coming tomorrow. But no slingshot to be seen.

Here's my friend code if anyone wants to visit: 7256 0115 9424. I got oranges.

I visited an island through a dodo code I found on reddit. It was insane! So many people came as well and the game froze for 2 minutes every time someone entered or left. Poor person just wanted to share and trade but people just ripped all the fruit from the trees and left. :D

Reactions: VoR
All Timmy/Tommy is offering me so far is shitty home furnishings!
I thought that too but I just had to press R to see way more items! May not be the same for you...

Reactions: VoR
Are we aware of the hack for getting the most Iron Ore from a stone?

Initially I thought you only got three items from a stone per day, but it seems that it actually only spits out ore/clay/stones for a period of a few seconds after you first whack it. So the best method is to stand in front of a stone, turn your back to it and dig two holes. Then turn back around and whack it repeatedly with your shovel. (Worth investing in a proper shovel to avoid breakage, you'll make back your iron ore nugget tenfold). The holes act as a barrier to stop you getting thrown backwards, so you get many more hits in before it dries up.

I managed to get my 30 much more quickly this way.

I think I've figured a good way to get the wasps easier. If you shake the tree facing forward, when it falls and the music that makes your heart skip strikes, just hold L (left stick) in the direction of the fallen nest and be pressing A like you would when reeling in a fish.

How do you do trades? I'm still after cherries. My island has plenty of peach, orange and coconut trees (plus 3 pear and 3 apple). I assume the money will just rake in when these all start fruiting.

My code is SW-8132-8351-3828 for cherries please :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom