Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

It looks like you just need to visit a friend's island and drop the item you wish to trade on the floor for them to pick up. Apparently it doesn't work with fish and bugs though.

I'm drowning in Cherries so open your gates and I'll pop a few onto your turf. :)

It looks like you just need to visit a friend's island and drop the item you wish to trade on the floor for them to pick up. Apparently it doesn't work with fish and bugs though.

I'm drowning in Cherries so open your gates and I'll pop a few onto your turf. :)

Oh thanks VoR. I've opened my gates and have put 3 durable tools (if you don't have them yet) into ground behind the very first house you see walking onto the island.

Reactions: VoR
Oh thanks VoR. I've opened my gates and have put 3 durable tools (if you don't have them yet) into ground behind the very first house you see walking onto the island.

Dropped off some Cherries but I can't dig up your tools until you accept my slightly creepy 'Best Friend' request, so I'm just squatting in the house of some Chicken.

Oh Nintendo making things simple again. I accepted. I've left the game on, but I'm not actively playing as watching something else.

Unintentionally a day 1'er. Parents kindly got it for me as an early birthday present (it's in April in the middle of the lockdown we'd already predicted and Argos were doing same-day delivery so.....). NGL, when I had New Leaf I got a bit fed up with it, like all the villagers were "ooh you have to remember my birthday and what tea I drink, talk to me every day and go shake a peach off a tree for me or else I'll move out in a huff because I'm a SLAVE DRIVER" and I got a bit disheartened when I didn't have time to log in for a few days and my favourites moved out.

Early days but enjoying it so far and actually liking the villagers - perhaps it helps that one of them is an introvert and keeps 'dropping polite hints' to stop hassling her if I talk to her more than once a day, and the other is too busy GETTING RIPPED IN JUST TWO WEEKS, GWAWR to care about anything else :D

It was a big help in my corvid depression yesterday, just sitting there fishing is very therapeutic.

FRIEND MEH
SW-4845-5668-5677

Last edited:
Reactions: dUb
Requested.

I only just realised Ursala was probably more of a once a day only gal, so I guess I can actually relate to her now :D The ungrateful bitch still hasn't put up the wreath I gave her though.

If enough people on moopy have MK8D, we should do a tournament at some point. I've certainly not played it properly in quite a while now.

Do you have Katt and Sterling as your initial neighbours, Cloud? I’ve got them. Katt seems to be universally hated among the AC fanbase. Bit of a bitch in fairness.

Do you have Katt and Sterling as your initial neighbours, Cloud? I’ve got them. Katt seems to be universally hated among the AC fanbase. Bit of a bitch in fairness.

I have Hazel - she's friendly enough, just - perfect example, I just walked into her house to confirm her name and she says "Oh you're here again. Did you forget something?"
There is always some remark like that or "we just keep bumping into each other" after the first interaction. I think the most overt was something like "ah, you're visiting again. Who needs privacy anyway"

Tybalt is my exercise buff.

Turnips are 460 in my town this morning if anyone wants to sell, BD8QF

OMG I want in! Are you long closed?

oh it’s after 12.00 now anyway... never mind

my turnip prices were 101 on Sunday, 76 the next day and slowly declining every chance it’s had. Hoping for a bounce soon

I haven’t seen or heard mention of any turnips at all. How does it come about?

I haven’t seen or heard mention of any turnips at all. How does it come about?

a snot-nosed pigchild will appear on Sunday selling her wares, you can buy as many turnips as you like for a certain price, and hopefully at some point in the week you can offload them at Nook’s when the price goes up. But you have to sell them before the end of Saturday or they’ll go mouldy.

you can sell them in other towns too, they’ll have different prices

Reactions: dUb
I'm so behind on this. I've still got 8 specimens to find in order to open a museum.

And Shari is getting borderline #metoo, calling me cheeky at the drop of a hat. Thank god for Bud keeping me feeling ' shredded' when countless chocolate biscuits have got me looking anything but.

...and why do I keep getting bitten by tarantulas?

I'm so behind on this. I've still got 8 specimens to find in order to open a museum.

And Shari is getting borderline #metoo, calling me cheeky at the drop of a hat. Thank god for Bud keeping me feeling ' shredded' when countless chocolate biscuits have got me looking anything but.

...and why do I keep getting bitten by tarantulas?

oh I have Shari too! I hate her

For what it's worth, got Pashmina and Goose as starter villagers. Pashmina is great, Goose is... meh. Flurry is adorable, Drago appears to be self-isolating and Penelope has to GO. SOON.

Oh and SW-4852-5530-2812 -- just in case anyone wants to add etc.

I spent most of my time with it today sorting out the mess I'd made with my trees and making sure they are all fruit ones (except the higher levels in case they don't grow up there?) I had no idea you can eat fruit to give you the power to dig them up, and you can sell them when you need to get rid.

When Nook re-opens his bit I hope to get roads, bridges and more as paths would have helped me from the very beginning. Managed to get 6 cherries now planted as trees and loads of pears

I'm playing about with flowers now, but I have only roses, hyacinths, tulips and the one that looks like corn on the cobs. I have no idea and will need to look up more (same goes for insects and larger fish - I've had quite a few of them, but the dry spells are a chore, and I say that as someone who is quite content to shake trees all in one go).

I learned a new routine from a YouTube, I go and hack all the trees for materials, and on the second run to pick everything up, I shake each tree too.

it’s rather a large area though...
Resident’s services opened too! I managed to change the town tune at least. I’ll make some bridges finally, I’m a bit tired of the pole vault. I’ll make ramps later I guess.

excited for all the extra shit I can spend my miles on but I haven’t looked at the list yet

I can report villagers if I hate them I think... I feel a bit rotten booting Shari, but she definitely the weak link

if anyone asks I’ll just say she was illegally sub-letting

anyone who can recommend a good let's play? by the time I get a Switch everyone will be over it so I might as well spoil all

anyone who can recommend a good let's play? by the time I get a Switch everyone will be over it so I might as well spoil all

i didn’t think I’d like it, but Austin John Plays is doing it for me, he’s working it out as he goes along and isn’t trying too hard to be a personality. (If you start from day 1, he stops putting his face on screen after a few days)

i didn’t think I’d like it, but Austin John Plays is doing it for me, he’s working it out as he goes along and isn’t trying too hard to be a personality. (If you start from day 1, he stops putting his face on screen after a few days)

that sounds optimal, TA. I was watching this GIRLIE GIRL but she kept SQUEALING and AWWING and making faces. I get the game is cute but YUCK

Yes, his stuff on the big fish was good, but I've still no real idea how he knows how to do it :D

Yeah I was watching some plump Filipino (or something), he was so insipid I went off him.

zackscottgames to die

I used a book ticket and I found tarantula island. Got bitten several times and had to give up when my net broke (which I realised now I could’ve bought from the pilot), but I got 11 tarantulas.

they’re kind of horrible though so I’m glad I left.

I used a book ticket and I found tarantula island. Got bitten several times and had to give up when my net broke (which I realised now I could’ve bought from the pilot), but I got 11 tarantulas.

they’re kind of horrible though so I’m glad I left.

WRETCHED THINGS.

I ended up with a total dud of an island earlier today. 5 Rocks, 6 apples trees (which is my native fruit) and my native flowers. No river or pond. No insects. :manson:

Do the furry freeloaders actually make any donations for the 2nd bridge? I can pay it off now, but I'd rather save the bells.

Anyone know what the significance of the character outlines in the fossil part of the museum is??

Anyone know what the significance of the character outlines in the fossil part of the museum is??

not sure, maybe you need to befriend and then fillet a villager of each species?

I’ve seen this exact exhibit in a dinosaur museum in japan too :D

Btw furious I can’t get a bloody Stringfish, thanks to internet fake news just reposting literally any old shit they hear.

spent about 90 minutes getting clams and bait and just ending up trolled with a million Black Basses

Btw furious I can’t get a bloody Stringfish, thanks to internet fake news just reposting literally any old shit they hear.

spent about 90 minutes getting clams and bait and just ending up trolled with a million Black Basses

Yes, that guy whose videos we spoke of earlier: I got a tuna without bait and wasn't on the pier (in fairness I was to the left of it). I would just take advice as a guideline or suggestion.

Then again, the same guy hyped up a "tarantula island" when the reality is you have to keep scaring off fish and insects and there's still so much waiting to do for all but one to appear.

They are super easy to catch though: creeping up until close to swipe or until they jump, or digging 4 holes to seek refuge in by jumping in the middle of, where you can easily net them. I personally don't have the patience and will gladly get back to lapping around my island that I've got it set up pretty well for now.

I have an obnoxious bear I'm regretting inviting to stay, but that's enough about my domestic situation.

Yes, that guy whose videos we spoke of earlier: I got a tuna without bait and wasn't on the pier (in fairness I was to the left of it). I would just take advice as a guideline or suggestion.

Then again, the same guy hyped up a "tarantula island" when the reality is you have to keep scaring off fish and insects and there's still so much waiting to do for all but one to appear.

They are super easy to catch though: creeping up until close to swipe or until they jump, or digging 4 holes to seek refuge in by jumping in the middle of, where you can easily net them. I personally don't have the patience and will gladly get back to lapping around my island that I've got it set up pretty well for now.

I have an obnoxious bear I'm regretting inviting to stay, but that's enough about my domestic situation.

I don’t mind that guy, he’s not presenting himself as an authority or anything. But the gaming news sites (and regular news sites: why is Forbes publishing so much AC content?!), just a google search like “where do I catch a stringfish” gets so many guides, just parroting whatever else they heard.

I need to find a trustworthy site like I did for New Leaf.

Btw tarantula island WAS real in the end, I got one! Basically nothing on the island except a central lake with another island in the middle where tarantulas constantly spawn. It wasn’t too hard to catch them but if there are two near each other, the other one will get you.

I need to find a trustworthy site like I did for New Leaf.

don't they make physical complete game guides anymore? I collected a fair few of those. glossy and nerdy, I loved them :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom