Austria 2023: Teya & Salena - Who The Hell Is Edgar?

HOW WILL IT DO?

• Total voters

Penelope

striking, unique, 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘳
Pronouns
Any
Austria sending a woman, to be confirmed in the next week

20230124_103756.jpg

“Our act for Liverpool will be female this time. And how!”

Is she going to be extra female or performing some sort of verification test live on stage?

“Johanna will be seven months pregnant, and flashing her nuisance throughout the middle 8 for the total avoidance of doubt”

So many questions about that Austrian statement, most notably, 'Does Eurovision actually want a mix of Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Jim Morrison, The Cramps, The Black Keys, Oasis and Frank Zappa?' and 'when they say that this year's entry will sound DIFFERENT, do they mean that she's going to sing in tune this time?''

There’s quite a compelling case being made for this “person” being Austria’s entry this year.

Let’s see the “bring back the orchestra” brigade wrap their heads around this! I’ve just spent a good while trying…

I’m here for the prospect of this ending gays of a certain generation.

It'd be really fun if we had a Vtuber at Eurovision, that whole scene has really exploded online and presumably she'd still be performing live, just offstage wearing the motion capture equipment (or they'd do that on stage so the audience gets to see how it works maybe?).

Is this not likely to require all kinds of additional staging provisions that would be a nightmare for the EBU?

Is this not likely to require all kinds of additional staging provisions that would be a nightmare for the EBU?
Perhaps. Presumably they’d bring their own gear along like Benjamin Ingrosso and so on.

There’s quite a compelling case being made for this “person” being Austria’s entry this year.

Let’s see the “bring back the orchestra” brigade wrap their heads around this! I’ve just spent a good while trying…

This is the best news I've heard all season

:ShockedSenhit::HairFlip::queenofthenight:

This is the best news I've heard all season

:ShockedSenhit::HairFlip::queenofthenight:
Don't get too excited yet, I could be completely getting the wrong end of the stick, but there's bee a lot of chat about Austria's "performer" in inverted commas and that it will be divisive and that people need to think outside of the box to guess what it is. And then somebody dug up this tweet from a couple of weeks ago, showing the interest is definitely there:

I think it would be something like this, where the 'hologram' is projected onto a sheet of glass or perspex:

This is from ten years ago, the technology is more portable now so I'd expect it to be quite easy to wheel something on and off the stage (probably with a cut to the green room either side of the performance).

Hmm, if it is true (that Jack guy has been wrong many times before) then I don't mind it in a THIS IS NOT REAL MUSIC!!!! sense, but I do think it's a bit shit if it isn't even an Austrian song/performer. (In the sense that there's a performer at all)

If I were a local act who'd been passed over for this I think I'd be quite pissed off.

Hmm, if it is true (that Jack guy has been wrong many times before) then I don't mind it in a THIS IS NOT REAL MUSIC!!!! sense, but I do think it's a bit shit if it isn't even an Austrian song/performer. (In the sense that there's a performer at all)

If I were a local act who'd been passed over for this I think I'd be quite pissed off.
I think they are Austrian (or somebody involved is).

I love it when Pingu is wrong :disco:

Omg pay for a shutterstock subscription you cheapskates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom