Better Call Saul

I'm still stuck on S2 of Breaking Bad so it'll be awhile before I get around to this. Hearing great things so far so I probably will watch evenutally.

Not sure I'm up for this. I found Saul to be nothing more than basic comic relief in Breaking Bad and the idea of a whole series with him at the helm doesn't appeal at all.

I thought the same as cwej but they've actually done a really good job. First 2 episodes were far better than I expected and they're certainly "fleshing" his character out from being 2d comic relief.

Anybody keeping up with this? I have to say it's rather fantastic so far. Quite Coen Brothers-esque and I'm enjoying watching Mike and Saul's relationship develop.

I had my doubts but the first season was better than the beginning of Breaking Bad.

Bob Odenkirk is amazing in it.

Can't wait to get started on this. Or, watching BB again from the start, as it happens and that NEVER happens to me. OK maybe I watched Prisoner Cell Block H more than once.
ph34r.png

Oh I enjoyed this, although I think the middle episodes were the best and it ended on a slight whimper.

I'm only two episodes in to season 2 but I'm enjoying it.

Squat cobbling sounds amazing.

The first episode was shit but it's back on track and I can't wait for the next one.

Feels odd having to wait a week for each episode.

I like Mike quite a lot. Especially when he just deadpans everything. "won't you worry?" "not the worrying kind...". The fourth episode was quite Mike-centric and i liked that.

Season 3 starts next week. I can't remember a huge amount about last year or how it ended but I'm looking forward to it.

I've just started Series 1, so I'm not going to read anything above, but why I have not watched this before?! Its fucking amazing.

Season 3 hasn't been the best.

I know they've always been a bit "show detail of stuff that doesn't matter" but there's only so many times I can watch coffee boil or watch Mike throwing stuff in the air and missing.

Also the humour seems to have faded. I realise that was likely as we turn into dark Saul, but still.

During episode 2 there was about three lines of dialogue in 20 minutes..it was NOT GOOD

Still really enjoying this. It's such an odd show in terms of pacing.

I did a little clap at the surprise (re) appearance of a certain someone in this week's episode.

Poor Irene. No one deserves to be put through what Irene went through. Nasty nasty man.

I enjoyed the last season. Chuck got his comuppance, although the finale :(

I could do with less extended shots of tedious events, but I guess that's what gives it it's pace.

This season has been really good. Kim in the penultimate episode, what a queen.

Kim turning evil is something special.

However unless there's a major twist, the final season looks pretty straightforward. Lalo, Kim and Nacho are either going to be dead or in prison. Probably Lalo/Nacho dead and Kim prison, maybe with Kim killing Lalo.

I laughed at the tray of half a million "dollars". I must do the same to someone with Cher money sometime.

Bob Odenkirk collapsed on set and was rushed to hospital. No update that I can find!

Stable after "heart related incident".

On a selfish level I was hoping the thread update was to say the new season was dated :shy:

Just finished watching the finale. Thought there was an uneven episode or two since its return but this was pretty much perfect.

Give Rhea Seehorn her awards!

My predications above weren't far off.

I'm so-so over the finale. Saul being in prison forever is fine, but for the reason of a conscientious redemption? Nah

I'm on episode 10 of the final season. I had to restart it as I do often get distracted by things and using the "show episodes" function am quite amused to see Kim looking like Ja'mie Private School Girl in the episode 12 screengrab. Hoping she does so in the whole episode now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom