Beyoncé - Break My Soul

Does it BANG and if so HOW HARD?

• Total voters
Oh come now - lyrically it's no better or worse than any other pop song of the 2020s, vocally only a 40 year old Beyoncé could give it. Those "yeah"s have the sensibility. :disco:

Ok finally I’ve listened and…

Yeah it’s alright but the production does most of the work for me, it’s just that 90s house sound looped all the way through.

So sonically it’s appealing but it feels like one of those fake leaks when they have a snippet and just make it a 3 minute track.

Can’t STAND Big Freedia on anything.

Hopefully a good omen for the album direction but I’m not holding my breath

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

STOP CREATING NARCISSISTIC NON STORIES.

THEY ARE HORRIBLE.

On the basis of my first listen, I like the 90's house vibe and that's about it. Perhaps it's just me, but I find it a tad underwhelming for a Beyoncé lead-off single. No doubt it will start to grow on me, but for now it's a bit dull.

I think what saves it is that its influence is 90s handbag, as opposed to the generic Euro EDM that you’d expect from a David Guetta featuring Bebe Rexha type track. However rather than be brave and go full tilt with the diva vocals and piano/strings combo, she’s thrown in some modern tropes that feel very funforradioin2022, as though the label balked at the last hurdle.

far from great. 7-10m probably would've been expected... let's see how she holds up.
Not that she needs the exposure, but doesn't releasing midweek give her bit of a disadvantage for an opening without playlists, banners, etc? (the new stocking problems)

Debuts at #21. Hard to compare to anything she’s done in recent years for a myriad of reasons, but for what it’s worth Formation only got to #31 - though Hold Up entered at #17 the same week and peaked at #11.

She hasn't been a fixture on the singles charts here either since "Drunk in Love" really. "Formation" and "Sorry" got decent peaks, I believe (#10 and #11 respectively) but I don't think they had staying power or much radio support.

I imagine it can debut top 20 in the US, but the chart isn't out until Monday/Tuesday. I expected top five.

Does she not know that EVERYBODY ALIVE loves Show Me Love?
She's still in the lab having a personality constructed and nobody told her. She'll be there a while yet as they're still working on the EXPRESSING EMOTIONS module

Sorry Yonny fans. SORT OF AND ONLY SLIGHTLY

:tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:

I remember something about a fan that got taken to Hospital once when part of the stage collapsed at a Beyoncé concert and later the very same night Beyoncé showed up at the Hospital, all smiles and flowers with the very direct intention of making the fan starstruck because Beyoncé had supposedly been told the fan had grounds to bring a lawsuit against her (as opposed to the production company for some reason). The plan apparently worked, Beyoncé was never sued and saved a whole lot of money. So, I can understand why the same mindset would mean Beyoncé was also not prepared to drop Robin S a cheque for $100,000 as a kindness and mark of respect (as opposed to being legally obliged to which of course she is not).
:D Purse strings are tight! HAVE A HEART!

Luckily the eyes of karma never close :disco:

Robin S didn't write the song and isn't upset - she's happy to promote her upcoming PA at Katie's Bar in Glasgow next month though so stay tuned.

Followed of course by this iconic cruise ship elegant when one of the two girls she invites up ends up SHADING her

Are you gonna shake it for me a little bit?
Ooh oh
Now THAT's not NICE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom