Billie Piper - Day & Night

You make me feel so right - every day and night...

• Total voters

PopLife

Schlagerfjolla
Another fave of mine, from the era, when pop ruled the world! :disco:

It's the closest Billie has got to be like Britney and the third time she got a #1. The song was produced/co-written by Norwegian Stargate btw.

What does Moopy think of this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Her BEST song without a doubt. 'Because We Want To' is still my life anthem though.

I absolutely fucking LOVED this song and video when I was younger - I must have played it MILLIONS of times. :disco:

Love this, love Something Deep Inside and love Walk Of Life.

Britney was modelled on Billie wasn't she after they saw the success in the UK?

Love this, love Something Deep Inside and love Walk Of Life.

Britney was modelled on Billie wasn't she after they saw the success in the UK?
Really? But Billie was only launched six months before Britney. Surely her debut was in development longer than that.

Oh it was maybe another artist then. I just remember reading something about a US artist launching due to what had been seen in the UK. I always assumed it was Billie/Britney

It's a real shame Billie's second album bombed, the 3 singles are ALL 10/10 moments and the album as a whole isn't bad at all.

Although at least it inspired THIS, which is one of my favourite things ever.

Last edited:
LIFE ANTHEM.

Seriously perfect pop package. The song was phenomenal, remixes were gay coma inducing, she looked incredible, fantastic video... just AMAZING.

Corking tune but "Promises" and the ultra dark "Misfocusing" from the parent album eclipse it by far.

I think I've already recounted the story of me lying on my REAL WOOD BEDROOM FLOOR texting the lyrics of Misfocusing to a HOT STR8.

What a moment for me AND Billie.

I think I've already recounted the story of me lying on my REAL WOOD BEDROOM FLOOR texting the lyrics of Misfocusing to a HOT STR8.

What a moment for me AND Billie.
Well it's news to me but I'm loving this story already from that teaser alone :D

Well that's about it but I was drunk and just laying there listening to Misfocusing and he was hot and I wanted to text him so I think he got…

I can't take all the mis quotes and lies
Barbed wire bouquets
But you I never thought
Would stoop so low
I guess that goes to show
What you just don't know
Can really hurt you so
And I'm not sure who to trust anymore
Gotta stop the world misfocusing on me
Are you ever gonna see clearly
How you ever gonna know the real me
I gotta stop the world I gotta stop the world

…in TEXTULAR form. He didn't reply and just said at work on Monday "WTF was that?" and then a few weeks later he asked if I'd lost my edge (virginity). Maybe that's all connected. Maybe it's not.

Misfocusing is such a gem. The album may lack more stand-out singles, but it's all done to a high standard.

It took me years to get into Day & Night, the track, as to me it just sounded like she was imitating Britney, when in actual fact it's more of a Louise track.

The Motiv8 remix of Something Deep Inside is something else though, one of his last ever phenomenal remix jobs. "You do the things that make me feel this way, it's so hard to find ... the right things to say" is one of my favouirte naff spoken word parts of all time.

If I was the last person to know how you cheated me
Did you think I could let go of your betrayal so easily?
Oh no, it went deep
I lost a lot of sleep
Thinking I had no one to turn to...

Pop lyrics don't get much darker than that this side of ABBA :(

Last edited:
What Game Is This? is my album track of choice.

Have you got something to hide?
Have we got anything left to save?
I feel so frightened inside
I can't keep acting brave...
:(

Last edited:
Didn't Billie have a WELL HIDDEN COKE PROBLEM from a young age and I always imagined her withdrawal from music was partly due to that (I'm guessing entirely here but parental intervention?)

I remember her turning up at some Radio 1 roadshow in Bristol and a friend who was doing something there (my memory is a bit fuzzy, SORRY) saying she'd arrived and was "off her tits" and then the announcement was made last minute that she'd not turned up as she was very unwell with a stomach bug...

You'd need SOMETHING to get you through having to fuck Chris Evans EVERY NIGHT.

I never heard that before, but there must have been something. The entire Walk of Life campaign just fell to pieces shortly after the release of Something Deep Inside. She obviously wasn't happy.

It was in the press as "burnout", which is usually code for drugs, innit?

Well it wasn't the stress of packing them in at the Arenas night after night, was it? :D

*mimes Walk of Life on TFI Friday with no choreography*

*collapses with exhaustion*

She had MAJOR eating disorder problems too.

Her autobiography is a very good read indeed.

I loathed her autobiography. It sent me right off her, actually.

I don't doubt that the problems she wrote about were real, but I don't think she had the maturity or distance from them to write about it very eloquently. I found it all a bit uncomfortable and 'woe is me'.

Last edited:
Ooooh I just remembered I bought the Walk of Life album a few months back for a quid and have yet to listen to it!

Ooooh I just remembered I bought the Walk of Life album a few months back for a quid and have yet to listen to it!

Was that not one of my 'every gay should own this' recommendations alongside the Debra Stephenson opus? :D

Didn't Billie have a WELL HIDDEN COKE PROBLEM from a young age and I always imagined her withdrawal from music was partly due to that (I'm guessing entirely here but parental intervention?)

I remember her turning up at some Radio 1 roadshow in Bristol and a friend who was doing something there (my memory is a bit fuzzy, SORRY) saying she'd arrived and was "off her tits" and then the announcement was made last minute that she'd not turned up as she was very unwell with a stomach bug...

I could be wrong, but I was always under the impression she was in fact CHAZBAPS of the infamous Nineties record industry rumour...

I was just going to say the CHAZ BAPS thing myself. I remember a PJ user being continually excited by this "rumour".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom