Billie Piper - Day & Night

You make me feel so right - every day and night...

• Total voters
Didn't Billie have a WELL HIDDEN COKE PROBLEM from a young age and I always imagined her withdrawal from music was partly due to that (I'm guessing entirely here but parental intervention?)

I remember her turning up at some Radio 1 roadshow in Bristol and a friend who was doing something there (my memory is a bit fuzzy, SORRY) saying she'd arrived and was "off her tits" and then the announcement was made last minute that she'd not turned up as she was very unwell with a stomach bug...

I was at that very outdoor roadshow and was gutted that she "didn't make it"...to add insult to injury I think they sent Sonique out twice to wow the crowds.

Oh and S Club's track 'Natural started up instead of 'You' which led to them screeching 'wrong track wrong track' to cover the vocals and hide the fact that they were miming. Shock horror.

I was at that very outdoor roadshow and was gutted that she "didn't make it"...to add insult to injury I think they sent Sonique out twice to wow the crowds.

Oh and S Club's track 'Natural started up instead of 'You' which led to them screeching 'wrong track wrong track' to cover the vocals and hide the fact that they were miming. Shock horror.

:disco:

This just crashed onto my iTunes and just set back my plans to start working by another five minutes.

I would argue it's better than any of Britney's Imperial era efforts

It's ridiculously good. Shame it was wasted on somebody who had come to so detest her pop career really. (Though I do really like her voice).

I've been all about Something Deep Inside recently.

I am always a bit bitter that this happened just before I was old enough to go out. I am wholeheartedly envious of the likes of RB who got to sip a WKD blue through a straw and then lose it on the dancefloor whenever this came on.

INNIT

By the time I was going out 50 Cent and Madame Mim were providing the bangers du jour.

Even when I got to Leeds and started gay clubbing it was mostly boring dance music and RnB; I was reduced to trying to lose my shit to Rachel Stevens shitty version of More More More :(

Last edited:
The first time I ever went on the gay scene was a Sunday night in the summer of '99, the same day that 'That Don't Impress Me Much' by Shania Twain had been a new entry on the chart. Just the right time!

I can't imagine the euphoria of slutting it up to That Don't Impress Me Much in a club. Sadly I've never heard it out but hear MIFLAW too often.

I was in the same era as VoR, it was R&B-heavy 2002/2003 that I began my clubbing days in - Wayne Wonder, Blu Cantrell and Lumidee on constant rotation gets a bit tired after a while... then they all came back around again when I went to uni!

I was lucky enough to be 21 when this came out, so I was right in the middle of my CLUBBING phase. I was on the dancefloor, Simirnoff Ice in one hand, other arm in the air! :disco:

I remember the DJ had a boyfriend who worked in HMV, and he'd always have the following week's new releases to play on the Saturday night which I thought was amazing, back when I knew the release date of every single song - I was the Manager of the Singles Department in Virgin at the time which took up a third of the ground floor space!

Fucking Fatman Scoop was another scourge of my clubbing days.

No wonder I jumped aboard the Swedish bandwagon at the first opportunity.

INNIT

By the time I was going out 50 Cent and Madame Mim were providing the bangers du jour.

Even when I got to Leeds and started gay clubbing it was mostly boring dance music and RnB; I was reduced to trying to lose my shit to Rachel Stevens shitty version of More More More :(

You never got to slut drop to Supersister?

Oh bbz :(

I remember when the local gay club would play "Who Do You Think You Are?" at midnight EXACTLY every Thursday night (student night) - that's how OLD I am!

I think I started my gay days when Steps were at their peak. By the time this came out I was very much out and experimenting.

Last edited:
I am always a bit bitter that this happened just before I was old enough to go out. I am wholeheartedly envious of the likes of RB who got to sip a WKD blue through a straw and then lose it on the dancefloor whenever this came on.

I can't even tell you how amazing it was. As if being high on Watermelon Bacardi Breezers, Pro Plus and the excitement of certain molestation wasn't enough, THIS was the soundtrack to it all.

I wish I could go back to the days of Tunnel Wednesdays, shirts with dragons embroided on them and Acupunctures :(

I can't even tell you how amazing it was. As if being high on Watermelon Bacardi Breezers, Pro Plus and the excitement of certain molestation wasn't enough, THIS was the soundtrack to it all.

SING IT SISTER

Oh to go back to those HALCYON DAYS. And even older for me...my gay debut was around "Confide In Me"...which they always used to play even though it used to clear the dance floor apart from the weird GOTH GAY who used to go out and used to have BEADS and CRYSTALS on and smelled a bit :(

I was a debutant during the Evita era, when non dancing gays would stand overlooking the dance pit and gesture their arms as if they were at the Casa Rosada during the Miami Spanglish mix of Don't Cry For Me Argentina, before segueing into Un-Break My Heart.

Oh gosh

When I used to first VENTURE OUT it was U GOT TO KNOW by CAPELLA, Ain't No Love Ain't No Use by SUB SUB, the SISTER SLEDGE REMIXES and EXPRESS by Dina Caroll with a SPRINKING of OLDIES BUT BADDIES like FEELS LIKE I'M IN LOVE

Regarding my own club debut, I can't think of anything other than Stripped only being the most fulfilling musical document of being an empowered female woman slut in a homosexual gay slut misogynist man's world ever recorded. Karen Parry barely got a look in.

I was still hearing Day & Night out in a club night I routinely degraded myself in circa 2004. Brings back memories of when myself and friends would honk out "you know what to do now..." as obnoxiously as possible to piss off a particular flatmate during one last play of Bag It Up before heading out. I think it's probably for the best my clubbing days are by and large over.

I could be wrong, but I was always under the impression she was in fact CHAZBAPS of the infamous Nineties record industry rumour...

Well this has amused me (if you click a word on a Mac with three fingers it comes up with its definition)ā€¦

Screen_Shot_2014_06_25_at_22_25_38.png

Last edited:
Omg you guys, I had TOTALLY FORGOTTEN about this until some woman causing rami with washing powder in Tesco had me spinning just like she and B were. It's completely ersatz and yet a complete and undeniable megaton.

I was lucky enough to be 21 when this came out, so I was right in the middle of my CLUBBING phase. I was on the dancefloor, Simirnoff Ice in one hand, other arm in the air! :disco:

I remember the DJ had a boyfriend who worked in HMV, and he'd always have the following week's new releases to play on the Saturday night which I thought was amazing, back when I knew the release date of every single song - I was the Manager of the Singles Department in Virgin at the time which took up a third of the ground floor space!

Aww. This post has pleased me. All the inside gossip :disco:

Billie's been discussing her pop career a bit recently. No sign of her ever returning to it sadly, but nice to see her acknowledge it in a non-negative way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom