Bones and All

Edible?

• Total voters

jivafox

the bitch
Pronouns
he/him
Luca Guadagnino's (Call Me By Your Name, Suspiria) road movie about cannibals in love.

I really loved the book and this looks, well, ideal :disco:

Cannibals in love? Was he inspired by working with Armie Hammer?

this looks fantastic and a little SOUTHERN GOTHIC. where is it set?

omg @ Chloe Sevigny in this

good, maybe a little heavy on the social outsider allegory. perfect measure of gore, and obviously I was fixed on Chalamet in every shot :)

This was a secret screening at TIFF last night and apparently a lot of walkouts (because of the gore not the quality).

After I got over the changes from the book (which I didn’t think worked but OH WELL) I thought this was beautiful. I loved it.

how does it differ?

The main difference is that in the book Marin only eats boys she likes or like her, so she can’t get too close to anybody, and her and Lee don’t fall in love until the very end when they finally share a bed and Marin wakes up to find she’s eaten Lee too :(

Sully is also a bit more of a likeable character to start with and it’s only over time with each meeting that Marin realises there is something sinister about him.

We had a walkout but it was just after the gay moment :disco:

The man next to me kept dramatically shielding his eyes at every gory moment, and his girlfriend watched about five whole seconds of the whole thing :D

Last edited:
Was I watching something different? I didn't think it was that gory. I did close my eyes briefly for about 30 minutes so maybe it was all then.

Oh I didn’t think it was very gory in the slightest and all the nasty stuff was in a blink and you miss it moment, but I think people have different thresholds.

We had a walkout but it was just after the gay moment :disco:

The man next to me kept dramatically shielding his eyes at every gory moment, and his girlfriend watched about five whole seconds of the whole thing :D
It was Marin and Sully devouring the old person on the floor bit for me :D

Last edited:
This was exquisitely shot for a gore film but I just didn't connect with it.

Mark Rylance was wasted in a pantomime role IMO, and the amount of MUMBLING going on between the two leads meant I didn't get half the dialogue (not that I missed anything important I am guessing).

The final scene had half the cinema in STITCHES which I suspect WASN'T the intended effect :eyes:

I don't find Chamelet attractive in the slightest but he certainly has charisma.

Also Guadagnino's musical ticks smack of REAL MUSIC SNOB taking us through a tour of the 80s (your dumb characters listen to Kiss but then Your Silent Face plays when we get to Nebraska OKAY).

Minor pet hate but I find him a bit UP HIMSELF (Luca Guadagnino's BONES AND ALL? really?).

I enjoyed this a lot more than I expected. It’s a bit slow but the way its shot makes the Midwest look so interesting (it’s a bit of a different take).

It’s really Taylor Russell’s movie and personally I enjoyed her interactions with Mark Rylance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom