Canada's Drag Race Season 3

The video isn’t working for me. Here’s another

Reactions: dUb
Not avail :(

When does it premier anyway? I'm totally up for going in blind, the Canadian strand has more than delivered so far.

Wonder if this will be on Wow Presents Plus each week, I think last season was?

I saw Jada Shad’s Hudson perform tonight and if the performance was any indication she’s a front runner.

Hurrah, it’s on BBC THREE and the iPlayer in the UK:

EDIT: BBC deleted their tweet. It also said that Down Under S2 would also be on.

EDIT: Reposted

I didn’t think the premier was that good. Last season was so strong and this felt a bit lackluster.

Also there could be fatigue because there’s just too much drag race.

Oh I was wondering why there was a big banner for Canada 3 on wowpresents and then only 2 seasons with no tagline saying when 3 was airing.

Holy shit what a BUSTED set of queens! Were half of them even WEARING MAKEUP on the runway? :D

I guess they've exhausted Canada's wellspring of quality drag.

They really were incredibly busted, some of those wig lines were :zombie: It was really jarring having just watched AS7 before hand :D

However, there were some potentially great personalities so maybe they’ll shine more in a performance based challenge.

Bizarre to get rid of one of the most potentially interesting ones too. Especially as they clearly won the lip sync.

And it’s extra frustrating because they acknowledge that Fiercelicious was wearing a piece of fabric but she’s thin and she sells it :manson:

Bombae and Jaida are the only 2 that felt like they had charisma.

Are seasons 3 of international drag race just cursed? Both UK and Canada peaked with 2 and then delivered a dreary 3rd.

I guess it goes:

Season 1 - strong
Season 2 - features all the great queens who were previously reticent about applying, but have now done so after seeing how strong s1 was. Plus the returning production team hits its stride.
Season 3 - the cupboard is bare :(

I'm not sure if I'm going to do series three of this one yet. I missed Stacy McKenzie last time around, and three seasons in there is just NO EXCUSE to still have Brook Lynn Hytes hosting, IMO. She's overshadowed by so many of the competing queens, and near constantly gives us nothing. MAKE PRIYANKA THE HOST

So disappointed by that first elimination. As others have said, a potentially far more interesting queen, who clearly didn't lose the lipsync. It doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.

Reactions: VoR
I keep hearing New Finland each time the Newfoundland queen pronounces it. Is that how it’s pronounced?

And it’s extra frustrating because they acknowledge that Fiercelicious was wearing a piece of fabric but she’s thin and she sells it :manson:

Bombae and Jaida are the only 2 that felt like they had charisma.

Are seasons 3 of international drag race just cursed? Both UK and Canada peaked with 2 and then delivered a dreary 3rd.
Probably like @VoR said, I wouldn’t surprised if some countries run out of top tier polished drag superstars by the third season. Some didn’t have enough for a first season (Italy) :eyes:

I found it especially weird how Brooklyn was basically like "[ELIMINATED QUEEN] you are a true original, we have never seen anything like you on this show before. NOW GTFO!"

Two lip syncs in a row the better performance was sent home (albeit the arguable week 1 loser losing week 2 despite winning as week 1 eliminated queen did before her). I even found the edit of the bottom two in the challenge just baffling. If it didn't land, fair enough, we can get that as viewers without the by now so infuriatingly obvious editing that this show thinks they're masters of.

The 2 spirit goth was something that wouldn't even win a shopping centre catwalk competition and could have just as easily got the same silence, crickets, etc.

I liked the Frenchie one who I think won last week, but agreed with the winner this week.

I've never heard of Rough Trade before, so did appreciate the introduction :disco:

So far, not so good. I found myself dozing during episode 2 and tempted to fast forward through that UTTERLY APPALLING award challenge.

*sigh* at another interesting queen getting the boot over a forgettable one. Although I can’t say it was particularly unfair, they were DREADFUL :D

At this point I'm only really still watching for Little Petit René-Charles Angélil

1659182216113.png

They grow up so fast :(

I'm watching the third episode just now, and I'm really enjoying the season so far! Definitely some weird judging and elimination decisions (par for the course on CDR by this point) but the cast is fabulous, it feels a bit like a UK season with how packed with personality the workroom is.

What a fantastic runway! Vivian and her tiny hands :D I think she might be becoming my favourite, if she keeps serving stuff like this she could be the closest thing to Pythia this season has (it's also so hard to look at her face in drag and not think of Alaska :o).

Lady Boom Boom and her endless sleeves was also extremely :disco: I loved how they were all rolled up behind her during the critiques :D

I'll miss the departing queen as she did seem really lovely, but I can't be too mad at her opponent...
she gave us the return of Revealiana, for god's sake :disco:

Oh I felt bad for the dearly departed, but they just didn't deliver much confidence to propell the being a bad dancer into anything worth watching. And what was heartbreaking is that what they were showcasing with the ensembles was genuinely interesting, but sadly that was truly one of the most crafty ensembles I've ever seen - even Jiggly would gasp.

I thought the queen storming off to the table (making it 2 weeks in a row :D) was very funny until the b word got mentioned and didn't quite know if I had missed anything as the rest just seemed playing up to it as yet again they pulled it out the bag. And that does bring me on to the judging - what they were going for was clear from the get to and I thought it was one of the top half performances.

Glad I get to keep looking at the tattooed one who can carry 2 tubes of pringles with no hands. Gorgeous. The best Canadian beef since the Boxy week 1 one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom