Canada's Drag Race Season 3

Which is ridiculous. Just put a disclaimer that all episodes were recorded prior and give the viewers some credit.

Which is ridiculous. Just put a disclaimer that all episodes were recorded prior and give the viewers some credit.
Yes, it's a nonsense. It's not even like it's on regular TV where you could stumble across it while it was being broadcast and claim to be upset. You have to actively search for it to watch it.

Wait, nobody has seen it yet?!

Are you watching on iplayer? I just watched it on WowPlus - don’t worry, I won’t spoil, I will post with spoilers in a bit

Are you watching on iplayer? I just watched it on WowPlus - don’t worry, I won’t spoil, I will post with spoilers in a bit

I've got WoW+ and it only has the previous seasons for Can and DU. I guess location is tied to your payment card.

Maybe I should finally put on France, Italy, Spain 1 and 2, Netherlands 2, Philippines or Thailand 2 :D

I've got WoW+ and it only has the previous seasons for Can and DU. I guess location is tied to your payment card.

Maybe I should finally put on France, Italy, Spain 1 and 2, Netherlands 2, Philippines or Thailand 2 :D

Oh weird :o

WELL I KNOW THE WINNER

Btw your to-watch list is identical to mine, except I’ve seen Spain 1 and not Down Under 2.

Although it sounds like it’s awful, Italia is only 6 LONG episodes

Spain 1 was quite good once I realised I wasn’t getting whatever people were raving over - once I got past the first few episodes I didn’t have to stop

I think Philippines is the last one I’ll be watching, maybe Japan has made be a particular kind of racist, I’m not sure. Or maybe it was that busted wreck on Thailand 1 from Philippines.

Might go Italia -> France -> Holland 2 -> Thailand 2 -> Down Under 2 -> Spain 2 -> Philippines

I think Philippines is the last one I’ll be watching, maybe Japan has made be a particular kind of racist, I’m not sure. Or maybe it was that busted wreck on Thailand 1 from Philippines.

Might go Italia -> France -> Holland 2 -> Thailand 2 -> Down Under 2 -> Spain 2 -> Philippines

Oh my, who are Japan least friendly with? And do you experience any xenophobia there yourself?

Oh my, who are Japan least friendly with? And do you experience any xenophobia there yourself?

It's more the older generations who have issues with the Chinese and the Koreans. There are a lot of Filipinos working here though and mileage varies on them.

I've heard westerners get treated certain ways, but tbh a lot of westerners act like twats when they come here because they feel no need at all to adjust to social norms. That's why I have resisted making many western friends here, it always descends into how stupid/strict/unreasonable Japanese society is, just because they get looks (or old men having a go at them) for doing what they like. The most famous example is the "Gaijin seat", Gaijin is a semi-pejorative term, like saying "foreigner" with a pointedly shitty tone. So people say Japanese avoid sitting next to westerners on the subway. And fair enough, I have felt like it might have happened to me but I think people are just jumping on any little thing to turn into a microaggression to feed their narrative. I don't want to sit next to them either so ... typically they won't wear a mask on a train, or have huge headphones, or just manspread. Not me though, I'm great and I don't mind the occasional bit of elbow room.

I'll post here, since there isn't a possibility for reading spoilers. I've just googled and apparently it's BBC regulations not to release comedy for 2 weeks. A little outdated and as was said already, they should just put it on iplayer and delay the actual screening.

Anyway, the right winner but definitely not the right top two for the final lipsync! I mean SERIOUSLY!

I though o m g at first but then she could barely carry it so it looked less fabulous. It was wearing her.

After a slow start, I ended up liking this season a lot. I think it’s my favourite Canada season. It had the right balance of likable talented queens and messy drama.

Could Miss Moço be one of the least memorable Drag Race competitors ever? During the Untucked segment I was genuinely trying incredibly hard to remember her name, and couldn't do it until someone else addressed her by it.

After a slow start, I ended up liking this season a lot. I think it’s my favourite Canada season. It had the right balance of likable talented queens and messy drama.
Yes, I enjoyed it a great deal and would say it was my favourite Canadian season, even though it feels it was in spite of some of the massively questionable eliminations and production choices.

Some ”talant” has to be sacrificed sometimes. The French Boom Boom queen whose real name I’ve forgotten was a great loss, but the show needed Kimmie and Miss Fierce to stay. Besides, I think they both had lots of charisma and nerve and a bit of talent. And as Kimmie mentioned: she’s trans and Asian and a rape victim too, so she’s got that too. :disco:

And one last thing; I would love to have the next seasons of The Pit Stop and Photo Ruview to be hosted by Gia Gun and Kimmie.

Personally I could have coped with either Kimmie or Fierce going a couple of weeks before they did as together it was a bit too chaotic for me. But that's a bit of a moot point when Jada was dragged to the final over the all of the others - and as much as I would have loved one or two of Vivian, Irma and Bombae to make the final, it's hard to disagree with any of them going the weeks they did.

Lady Boom Boom is the only one who I felt was robbed. Perhaps to a lesser extent Halal Bae in the first episode, if only because I felt she may have actually had something to say and offered something different - but was sent home to save Miss Moçu who seemingly had little unique to offer and seemed like cannon fodder in the first place.

Thrilled with the winner but agree with everything said about Jada, WTF

I’d have had Vivienne Vanderpuss and Irma Gerd go further

Amazing lip sync song to finish on

Just here to add my “WTF” to the Jada situation. Just thankful that the right winner was finally crowned.

I also enjoyed the season a lot after a rough start. I really like the hosting set up.

Yes this IS a Miss Fiercealicious stan account :disco: Drag Race's first meta queen?

miss-fiercalicious.gif

I understand that the winner deserved to win, but I can't imagine her doing ANYTHING outside of Canada, possible just the City Of Québec, in the future. Whereas Fiercealicious is SURELY a shoe-in for an All Stars season of some sort?? She reminds me of Lil Nas X a bit in that she's entirely social media literate, possibly more than any other queen.

canadas-drag-race-rpdr.gif

An icon

• Love
Reactions: COB
Tbh I like DRC (not the Democratic Republic of Congo before you start and Yes I could’ve just written it out longform)

But S3 wasn’t the one for me - the panel as much as anything, did they lose some writers? Loved the winner but they lost some/a few real gems too early.

And Fierce’s looks were mostly pretty great - just everything that fell out of her mouth was less so

So I ended up watching this on a plane after checking out after episode 1 and it’s not a bad season.

Not that many highs but the queens really elevated it.

1. Vivian - she’s just my type of queen and I fancied him as a guy as well
2. Giséle - worthy winner and a sweetheart
3. Kimmy - very likeable and she eats the runway when she walks
4. Jaida - she wasn’t the best but I’ve seen her perform and she’s a force
5. Fiercealicious - a good villain

Also to echo the sentiment. I love Iceis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom