Canada's Drag Race Season 3

Another amazing episode, I will say more tomorrow but that RUNWAY :disco: And the rusical was actually quite good? I sort of wish they didn't pre-record the vocals though, we could've got a true successor to that clown car pile-up from last season.

"You better STEP your VANDERPUSSY up!" followed by everyone else just LEAVING her to struggle out of her outfit alone, what incredible scenes :D

Oh I did not think much of the challenge. Irma barely got any of the close-ups in that lip sync. I actually thought she was the stronger even if I wanted her to sashay.

*nods to the left, nods to the right*

I’m up to speed with this now and what a fun season it has been so far. I’ve also really enjoyed the long mini challenges I don’t recall any other season making such an effort when it comes to them (the reading challenge wasn’t strong though).

Really sad at the loss of Lady Boom Boom and Bombae but I’m happy for every episode where Kimmie and Fierce can stay a give us a bit of petty drama.

I’ve almost caught up, just watching the ridiculous cosmetics ad challenge - literally my least favourites getting the best critiques

Just feel like Jada and Fierce are just blurting out brainless drag nonsense like they are AI generated. Kimmy is also doing it but she’s got something smart about her that’s entertaining, sort of that smart cuntiness that makes Gia so good

FINALLY I caught up, and what a fucking hateful set of results - the most vacuously shallow boring drag tropes are still there (Fierce and Jada).

TBH I GUESS I was rooting for the comedy queens Irma Gerd (that IS as great a drag name as Miss Fiercealicious is NOT) and Vanderpuss, but they're not really THAT funny, just sweet and silly and total doormats. Kimmy is sort of boring drag-wise but she has a lunatic edge and, I'm stunned in this cast, she even has some sort of self-awareness.

Honestly I don't think there has been a drag race contestant in all the 80 seasons I've watched that has given me a more visceral hateful reaction than Miss Fiercalicious - literally any time she opens her mouth, that dumb BETCH affected accent... and seems totally devoid of creativity either - she's either being a bitch in character, being a bitch backstage, or buying an expensive runway that someone else came up with - hopefully the ball will have her and Jada in the bottom.

So I'm only left with Gisele, who is AMAZING and has to win but I feel in my bones it's not going to happen and this will all have been a huge waste of time.

I don't know why I liked the judging panel so much last season but this season - none of them would know a joke if it bit them on the arse. Brooke Linen doing those weird bits on the main stage "Start your engines, and may the best drag queen ... *totally irrelevant and unfunny non-sequiter*... win!" :)

Brad at least seems to know about the fashion a bit (though he doesn't half wear some vile shit) - but there he is coaching the acting challenge and the vocal recording?!!?
Tracy Melchor just seemed to fit the brief of "Smiley lady :)" and I have no idea what expertise she has on anything.

And what the fuck was that 70s warlock on the panel this week?!

Basically THIS is the overseas franchise that I reliably enjoyed as much as the US version, but ... how in Christ am I going to get through Down Under 2? :D

I'm honestly amazed that Fierce is annoying you so much, to me she seems ENTIRELY in on the joke :D

Reactions: VoR
I honestly don’t think so!
There have been plenty of contestants that have inched towards full vapid bitch, I feel like she would just do anything for attention without any originality

I've come to really enjoy Fierce over the past couple of episodes. There's definitely a knowing wink behind everything she does.

She sort of reminds me of Adore Delano, weirdly.

*nods to my left*

*nods to my right*

*looks at blank card*

Yes, I agreed with that lip sync verdict even if not based on the actual challenge.

Seeing all of Fierce's looks together made me think she's probably the most Tyra contestant we've had since Tyra.

Reactions: COB
She was a very justified winner this week for me, all three looks were very strong and the first two were impeccably referenced.

Kimmy destroyed that lip sync, I love how they gave her basically 95% of the screentime :D Jada should have been in the bottom, they have really dragged her to the top 4.

I think Miss Fiercalicious has it in the bag :disco:

Agreed. Fierce is great fun but Gisèle has been killing it.

During the family video thing I was really hoping Celine Dion would show up for him and confirm my conspiracy theory. :D

Last edited:
I warmed a little to Fierce this episode (or perhaps I've just been beaten into submission), but I'll be pissed if she wins. It's been Gisèle or nobody for me for a few weeks now.

Oh yes, it HAS to be Gisele surely! I do sort of love the idea of Fierce getting the win after the edit she's had throughout the show though, it would be so chaotic :D

Reactions: VoR
I’m so in love with Gisèle, it should have been me in that family video telling her I’m her new husband. :)

Sad to see whatshername (I already forgot) go but I wanted Kimmie to stay and she killed that lip sync so...

It should of course have been useless Shada Jada in the bottom but I’m okay with her staying and possibly giving us another petty argument with the other two glue gun girls.

I can’t stand Miss Fiercalicious and I look forward to her downfall.

The way she speaks should be illegal. Is it the Kardashians that have taught people to talk like that?

She’s great tv though.

This season is so FUCKED

I mean I’m not a Vanderpuss stan or anything but HOW did she end up in the bottom?

Jada needed to have been there, I didn’t really like any of hers, from elderly Beetlejuice, through “Woman is secretly woman” tinfoil, to… well I liked the final look when she came around but less the more I looked at it.

The editing… Vanderpuss says “I’m the only one who hasn’t lipsynced”, I thought “ohh well that’s happening then”
Someone says “it would be a gag if a gluegun queen won the ball”, I thought “ohh well that’s happening then”

It has to be Giselle, right? They’ll probably give it to the fucking Turnoff Queen

Likes/Retweets on the Who Do You Want To Win tweets from the official profile:

5044/1546 Miss Fiercealicious
4284/1196 Kimmy Couture
3020/724 Gisele Lullaby
1502/349 Jada Shada Hudson

I love Kimmy so much, but my god does she need a budget and some sewing lessons. I have zero interest in who wins, but do want them all to do all they can to pull focus and deliver a good final.

Jada might be one of the worst queens to make top 4 in any series

This season is so weird, for me, personally
When it started I thought “hmm is this what we have?”, then as it was thinned out I thought “oh well maybe it’s alright after all”

But it’s just been horrific decisions since Boom Boom left

I know I’ve been rather plucked in this thread but I still sort of like this series and definitely like the franchise.

But why don’t the panel know anything about comedy anymore, did Brooke Linen have it sucked out during her procedures?

She missed a perfectly good joke with “between us Mask-erbators” instead of “Mask-debators”! I rewound it to make sure she even said that :D

Also the MainStage “jokes” are so fucking weird.

“Start your engines and may the best racer….TITS… win!! Lol” wtf

I thought the tits thing was cute, since she was dressed as Marilyn and Irma had just left. They're celebrating the queens!

I thought the tits thing was cute, since she was dressed as Marilyn and Irma had just left. They're celebrating the queens!

I mean that’s cute, but it’s like a random punchline in the middle of the catchphrase that has nothing to do with it - it’s so weird for me :D

I’m so confused by this season - and the response of Moopy - so it’s clearly me missing something but HOW is Kimmy still there?! Should’ve gone during their first lipsync.

I actually like Fierce but they’re not different enough from Priyanka to win. So Giselle.

I assume all references to Queens is considered insensitive and they have been delayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom