Diddy's Asian Persuasion III - Sunday May 23 13.00 BST

2) Utada - You make me want to be a man

An eye-catchingly uncommercial debut UK single for J-Pop goddess Utada, from her debut English album Exodus. Known to some Moopers already, and I seem to recall it scarring Robotboy for life as he represented it because he hated it so much. BUT I LOVE IT SO NER

• Love
Reactions: COB
The way this video is like a DARK MIRROR of Björk's All Is Full Of Love :disco:

3) Kenshi Yonezu - Shunrai

Yes, I'm going to die on this hill, here's Lemon star Kenshi Yonezu with a single from his fabulous "Bootleg" album. Friends of dUb's podcast will know that I already recommended this for the playlist, there's no escape. A good soundtrack to the current rainy reason in Japan, the title meaning Spring Thunder.

I always enjoy this guy!

The visuals today are all stungorge. I think that's one reason I still haven't quite taken to Asian pop. It's more of an audiovisual package and not something for the background perhaps.
I guess it takes some time to get used to it, Japanese vocals can be a bit shrill sometimes. Kenshi has a bit of a plain voice but it's so versatile

4) REOL - The Sixth Sense

A TikTok hit for Reol, a singer releasing a solo effort after her band ... REOL, disbanded. OK? I don't know much about her, but this was a successful tie-in with BOAT RACE 2020. Boat Races with speedboats are a popular gambling activity in Japan, just like the horses.

4) REOL - The Sixth Sense

A TikTok hit for Reol, a singer releasing a solo effort after her band ... REOL, disbanded. OK? I don't know much about her, but this was a successful tie-in with BOAT RACE 2020. Boat Races with speedboats are a popular gambling activity in Japan, just like the horses.
This has my attention IMMEDIATELY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom