Diddy's Asian Persuasion III - Sunday May 23 13.00 BST

COBGiraffe firmly on board! :o

This was a potential ASFM but I didn't think it would work

I forgot the drag queen!

Do you all have subtitles on?

This boat race makes Oxford and Cambridge look like the pile of shit that it is!

5) YOASOBI - Halcyon

ASFM darlings and Vocaloid duo YOASOBI return with a follow-up to their megasmash Yori ni Kakeru. Continuing their habit of interesting animated videos, this was a co-write with a professional novelist.

Last edited:
Reactions: COB
BTW worried now, I'm doing these songs in parts - it's not going to be all hi-NRG as this! Just brace yourself!

Actually, maybe it's time for a quick break, more after this word from our baffling sponsors

PART 2 - TIME WARP

6) Perfume - Time Warp
Well you knew you wouldn't get away without more Perfume. To introduce the next section of Japanese music through the ages, the bleeding-edge modern electropop trio's latest single can take us back in time.

Reactions: COB
Think there was a Japanese cover of True Colors that did well in Japan (along with the original).

Can't remember who sang it though and seems to have been scrubbed from YouTube. :(

I haven't listened to Perfume in over a year and I don't know why now. :o I really need to look up some more of their songs after this!

7) Sayuri Ishikawa - Tsugaru Kaikyo Fuyu-geshiki

1970s - Another returnee to the show, this was the debut of massively successful Enka singer Sayuri Ishikawa, and has been an enduring ballad since it came out over 50 years ago.

Actually maybe a year is a stretch, I have some of their songs on Spotify, just haven't thought about how really awesome they actually are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom