Drag Race Down Under Season 3

New thread please @Moderator :)

Apparently there's some TEA already about the Australian community not being happy with at least one of the cast. I'm seeing suggestions that Ashley Madison defended Scarlett when the blackface allegations starting flying, if so, eesh.

Update: I watched this on Friday evening and cannot remember a single distinct thing about it (other than a funny bit involving waving?), or any of the queens' names

OFF TO A FLYING START

Oh yes, I remember those too! God that was bleak.

Also the fact there are two Queens playing the "I've only done drag for a year" card felt especially mad. But I suppose, when there are only approx 500 people living in the whole of Australia and New Zealand, it's inevitable they've run out of strong Queens by this point

God what a rotten bunch! I’m loving this season so much. :D

The Muriel’s wedding runway is the worst I’ve seen since probably ever. Even the winner would have been in the bottom in any other season. I was stunned when she revealed her face.

I've only made it to the work room and it's only from looking on page 2 of new posts have I been reminded that I stopped about 5 hours ago, so should get back. Is this the one where there is yet another racist one? Because the one over 40 seemed to get an extremely frosty reception from the girls to the left of the screen and I [where is the Carrie emoticon?] couldn't help but wonder if [where is the Dannielle Jane emoticon?] this is it?

Hollywood dominated that. The pocket sized one from NZ a very far back 2nd and then the rest was completely amateur. The one with a turquoise bed sheet wrapped around a swim suit was luckier than a lotto winner to have been scraped off the bottom to be declared "safe". I'm up to Untucked.

The banker one's runway did look a bit like if there was an unreleased early 90s movie starring Parker Posey and Debi Mazar. Oh imagine.

I am loving this season so far. Such a HOT MESS. And Ashley is shaping up to be a brilliant villain!

If Gabriella Labucci has a million fans, I am one of them. If Gabriella Labucci has ten fans, I am one of them. If Gabriella Labucci has only one fan, that is me. If Gabriella Labucci has no fans, that means I am no more on the earth. If the world is against Gabriella Labucci, I am against the world.

Yes, Gabriella is fabulous and surely one of the few queens who could actually go all the way?

This episode's main challenge was a bit frustrating, just an awkward mix of improv and scripted acting - and I was really frustrated that they just went for generic characters for their Housewives parody when Australia and NZ have their own versions of that franchise with so many icons that were ripe for a bit of ribbing. They did exactly the same with their Prisoner parody last season and it's so weird. I was fully expecting the show to try and edit whatever Flor was doing into the funniest thing ever, so I'm glad that Michelle at least didn't like it.

That first lipsync was so awkward with Ru just occasionally going "oh!" and "wow!" :D What a waste of that song! Also her dress on the main stage looked like it was straight from the sadly short-lived Martha Skidd collection :(

I’m so upset by Ivory leaving. She gave Ru an iconic(ally bad) lip sync, and should’ve stayed instead of that useless queen who somehow managed to survive another lip sync (would’ve sent them both home).

I was enjoying Ivory as a plucky underdog, but she really felt like the sort of queen who needed a few more years of experience before going on Drag Race (but that also describes about half of all Down Under contestants across all three seasons to be fair :D)

It's also worth saying that Rita Menu and Ivanna Drink are iconically rubbish drag names, they sort of circle back around to being brilliant :D

Both of them are very cute as boys, but rubbish as queens.

Also doesn’t Rita Menu look like a young Mama Bamba (or whatever the older queen is called)?

Reactions: COB
Well that episode has dragged me back in. Really enjoyed it

I thought the second team were all garbage apart from weirdly Ashley Madison

Runway looks all a lot better finally too

Ivanna should have stayed

I'd tapped out of this after ep 1, but praise from noted moopfluencer @Nancy pulled me back in and I'm v pleased it did

This week's was great. Few times have I been more BAFFLED than when, after sitting through the bulk of Flor's terrible improv, it became clear that she was being singled out as the highlight and the stronger queen.

That aside, I loved her Yzma and she's one of the ones to stand out in mostly a good way so far. I'm also here for Isis and Hollywood Star so far.

The season is still largely rough, but a definite mark up from Down Under S2 in terms of being a lot more enjoyable regardless.

Perched for Ru in his ugly Abba Voyage tank top next episode.

This really sums it up
1692119879749.png

This season is definitely the worst yet but Art Simone's recaps are fun at least.

That runway was ROUGH and did Kylie dirty. I hope they can at least get her as an actual guest judge at some point preferably on the US franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom