Drag Race Down Under Season 3

Abysmal. The call to Anita who said "it's all about being there" all the while she's leaving was about the only memorable scene they were a part of.

Omg at the future top guy judge :horny: Ok fine I'll watch another.

Jesus, not even a joke about being nailed in many a dark room. Anyway, thank the lord I fancy that bald director pit crew man so much.

Aww, I do like Secrets, but Turn It Into Love would have been my choice if going for a less than obvious PWL choice. Or maybe this gem:

What a DISASTROUS episode! Yet another write a forgettable verse maxi challenge just four episodes after the last one, the bikes on stage thing that didn't work at all (and the clearly VERY EVIL choreographer milking his screentime for all it was worth), the reading challenge being so bad that Ru let the Pit Crew guy win, that Untucked section where everyone was clearly in a terrible mood, the dreadful lipsync... everything was just OFF. A good runway though, and Hollywould was a deserving winner.

I swear this season is so bizarrely awful it’s taken on a sort of DAVID LYNCHIAN quality at this point. Just a surreal fever dream of awkwardness. :D

Reactions: COB
And that is exactly why it was such a great episode for such lacking cast. None of them is good but everyone thinks they’re better than the rest and are nasty to each other. :D

If only Miss Fiercelicious (sp?) from DR Canada was among them too to complete the nastiness! :disco:

Last edited:
  • BOOM BOOM
I almost wished that no one will get eliminated just so they could continue arguing but I’m happy that Bumpa stayed because I feel sorry for her and Ashley was pure evil, but also because this will make Flor lose her shit

The pit crew guy looked like a Pokemon evolution of Stinky Shaun from the US pit crew back in the old days.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Flor's floppy shoulder on the runway, though I noticed she had fixed it in time for the critiques so maybe it was brought up but not aired.

And after all the nasty things Ashley said about Bumpa, she reveals right before the lip sync that Bumpa was who got her her first job as a queen (or did I misunderstand that?)! So she’s being horrible to a real life colleague/friend too. I was just stunned. :D

I'm a week behind but HOW ON EARTH did they have almost 40 years of Kylie to choose from yet they ended up with TWO In My Arms video Kylies and TWO Moulin Rouge Green Fairy Kylies?! And why the fuck didn't the producers flag in advance to make them change it?

Baffling AND shoddy. Which is this series in a nutshell tbf.

The less said about that Snatch Game the better

And after all the nasty things Ashley said about Bumpa, she reveals right before the lip sync that Bumpa was who got her her first job as a queen (or did I misunderstand that?)! So she’s being horrible to a real life colleague/friend too. I was just stunned. :D
That was mentioned in the opening episode, so you could have disliked her even more all the way through.

I'm a week behind but HOW ON EARTH did they have almost 40 years of Kylie to choose from yet they ended up with TWO In My Arms video Kylies and TWO Moulin Rouge Green Fairy Kylies?! And why the fuck didn't the producers flag in advance to make them change it?

Baffling AND shoddy. Which is this series in a nutshell tbf.

The less said about that Snatch Game the better

The fact that NOBODY did a hat full of hair!

The hair hat and the CGYOOMH video dress seemed like such obvious ones to miss! Bumpa's look also read as generic Vegas showgirl rather than Showgirl Tour Kylie to me. I hope they do another Kylie runway in the future (preferably on another country's version of the show), talk about wasted potential :(

This is by far the worst season of Drag Race by a long shot. Even RuPaul can't hide his disdain for all of them as a collective cast. Also making them shuffle around three BMX bikes on the franchises smallest main stage is a SICK homophobic joke.

The comment from Ru about one of them ought to try a sexy look and Michelle replying she wouldn't be surprised if they had such a look up their sleeve couldn't have felt more obvious if they tried. Their entire wardrobes are looked at before day 1 for goodness sake. And Pantene Pro V icon Rachel Hunter marvelling at the panel's quick wit :eyes:

Bring back that older weird one from last season (or whenever it was - the one who did Ellen) to lip sync against all the bottoms each week - what a wonderful spectacle and setlist of soundbites we'd get.

Slightly better episode, I guess?

The talent was not the best…..

Runways again bad

I’m a completist I guess, the only reason I’m watching now

I don't know how I've made it to this lip sync, but to then give us a student union hell rock song is just taking it out on the queens. And they deserve it.

Haha. It’s just such a weird thing to say to someone when they are just being themselves

Also pushing Gabriella to be sexy, just let drag queens do the drag they do best

I think it’s a relevant critique though, especially in Gabriella’s case; to show something else than being a clown.

What the fuck happened? :o

Does Ru hate Hollywould that much? :D I know Gabriella didn’t disappoint in the lip sync but when her name was called first I was sure it was going to be a double safe and I had suspected it from the start… so I was really shocked that it wasn’t.

Gabriella did what she was told and gave us a beauty look (apparently).

Hollywould made the fatal mistake of not doing what she was told by Ru the episode before. And having the cheek, nerve, gall, audacity and the gumption to have a signature brow.

In short, what a load of shit.

Watching the dog challenge. Aaron is completely one of my types, but with the tash. Ru's workroom "volleying" is getting more and more excruciating - which i am living for yaas mama okuuurrr *nudge nudge* etc

Yeah, I agreed with GL staying as she delivered a lip sync despite Hollywood actually out-dancing her. I felt Flor should have been in the bottom more than her though. I'd really argue that Down Under needs a huge shake up to try and deliver a decent show to watch again as it's really just going through the motions sticking to the basic formula and prompting queens to say the same shit and take the bait to share sob stories.

A decent finale (for THIS season :eyes:) and a great winner, though I'd have been happy with any of the top three winning I think.

Spankie demolished everyone in the charisma stakes the second she showed up however, get her onto All Stars immediately please!

Yeah. The final was fine and I think an obvious winner in the end

Great lip sync song choice I thought

I couldn't watch the final episode in full, it was all just too boring. Do we think this will be the last season of Down Under? It can't be slaying the ratings.

I couldn't watch the final episode in full, it was all just too boring. Do we think this will be the last season of Down Under? It can't be slaying the ratings.

It also depends on how it’s selling abroad. I bet it does ok on iPlayer, for example. And an English language, RuPaul fronted series is going to be fairly popular worldwide I’d have thought…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom