Drag Race UK vs The World - episode 1

I agree with the bottom two personally, but really I think you could have made a case for any of them except Pangina, Jimbo and Blu.

But I really can't see how anyone can feel Lemon was ROBBED!!! for a performance as lacklustre as that. The greatest concession I'd make would be that others were also shit and she was unfortunate.

I really didn't mind the Juju b-side. But throw in better lines and maybe even make the 2nd half a remix - it's not as if she can't be a phenomenal lip syncer.

The Blu ensemble has grown on me. Like a Thorgy liquorice all-sort.

I do feel we're being denied what would have been much better simply waiting to do a UK All Stars after season 4 or even simply an international one without the silly Vs "premise".

If they are limiting it to 9 I think you could easily have had a UK All Stars already. And if they wait until after season 4 it would hopefully be even better.

Plus I'm sure Ru would happily recycle Baga again.

It’s strange that recently on the main series they appreciate that people spend a lot of money to come to Drag Race, and the trouble of isolation before the show.

You’d think international All stars would be a bit more forgiving after flying people from all over.

And I liked that the big twist was……… just the AS2 voting twist

Well I loved it for what it was, but talent show challenges are nearly always terrible (even though on paper they really shouldn't be) so no change there. Too many awful singing/dance/general fannying about on stage "performances" from queens who looked bored or DEAD.

Jimbo's psychotic salami episode saving us all. Christ what a moment and what a bloody star. Yes there's something chilling about him in a bodies-under-the-patio (and in the fridge, wardrobe and bath) kind of way, but he elevates everything and such a change from the usual tired tropes. Of course I'm sure he has his own repetitive faults and refusal to play properly, like that lip sync, that will, once again, be his undoing. Already it seems ridiculous if he doesn't make the final but this voting system makes me worried.

Poor Lemon was a disaster. She gave us a lot while giving nothing at the same time. I do like her but she's a bit pageant-queen that's been told everything they do is wonderful and beautiful and amazing. If she watched that back and still felt robbed...well. But it's still a shame - she proved she had more to give on her season.

Janey, dear god what was that. It was like a camera crew pounced on someone in a changing room and asked them to put on (and remove to music) as many outfits as possible and please make it as joyless and uncomfortable as you can. Great runway and seems very likeable so I hope she can pull past Cheryl at least but I imagine she's on borrowed time.

Just to defend Baga for a second...while that was lazy to rehash a catchphrase that only ever worked in the context of a sketch...and her runway looked like shit...at least something was constructed to make a performance, there were some vaguely amusing moments and it felt like an attempt to get an audience on board. Yes it wasn't good enough but there was worse that deserved to be lower and that includes Juju with whatever that was.

And whatever the hell Monique was doing...and then getting a major villain edit :D is certainly something.

Terrible lip sync choice and loving Mel C sticking the knife into all and sundry, but she could have taken a chomp out of Bunton for the fun of it while she was there

Pangina winning was absolutely right after that lip sync. After Lemon, Cheryl and Janey...she destroyed them all.

Blu feels like a very good drag CV quoting and saying and (sort of) doing the right things but it feels somewhat...disingenuous. Clearly very nice and all and credit to that talent show thing she pulled out, it was hilarious...but something about it all feels less authentic and more like a job. She seems lovely but not necessarily natural. Ugh I wish I could explain it better.

Also why it's UK vs The World is ridiculous. I assume this means UK queens are going to be favoured in some way even if they don't all make it to the end. Surely though BBC3 with that title are aiming for that? It ruins it a little especially when it's not like these 3 are the greatest trio they could put up. Agree, I'd rather a proper UK Allstars or a more NEUTRAL International version

I did read that Asttina Mandella was due to be in this cast but pulled out quite late due to a family bereavement (and allegedly Cheryl was the backup)... I wonder what her talent show would've been like :o

When was this filmed? I follow Asttina on Instagram and I know her mother died last year.

It started filming one day after UK season three finished, apparently :o So whenever that was!

Jimbo totally threw that. Why would you want to win when there’s no prize money and you have the responsibility of eliminating someone?

Thought this the second they announced the 'rules'.

I liked the cast but without having either of them before, I really felt Janey should have gone over Lemon.

Only person I knew that I was disappointed to see back was Blu. Just not interesting AT ALL. Northern Irish isn't some novelty to get you back on the show. (Her 'talent' was OK though).

Oddly didn't even notice the blackface because I just saw her as a kind ghost thing. What an utterly bonkers but totally deserved top 2 placement. :D

I liked Pangina A LOT.

I also enjoyed Monique totally not remembering Blu when she offended her before, one little bit. Queen!

I have caught up with this after not watching the last UK season, and never bothering with any international ones

Good line up and thoroughly enjoyed it. Melanie C looking bloody amazing :disco: I really want to see a dance off to Holler :disco:

The thai one still thinks they are presenting the show in VTs :D

It started filming one day after UK season three finished, apparently :o So whenever that was!
They way they all disappeared off social media was about March last year, I don't know if that ties in.

As for Asttina, I don't remember thinking she was too much of a loss, but she did win a challenge (before going home in what, week 2? :D) which is more than Cheryl ever did. I'd take her over Cheryl any day so that's a shame and would have given her a bit of redemption.

They way they all disappeared off social media was about March last year, I don't know if that ties in.

As for Asttina, I don't remember thinking she was too much of a loss, but she did win a challenge (before going home in what, week 2? :D) which is more than Cheryl ever did. I'd take her over Cheryl any day so that's a shame and would have given her a bit of redemption.

Yeah she won the first challenge in an ASOS jacket. Not H&M

Asttina's mother died March last year, so perhaps there is some truth in it.

She went home in week 3, after winning week one and being safe in week 2.

She's certainly the one of that season who left early whose potential was most left undiscovered, I'd say.

Joe Black is talented but clearly not a Drag Race girl, Ginny Lemon chose to walk and had given all she could within the confines of the show, and Veronica Green came back for 3 anyway (not that I wouldn't totally be here for her pitching up again in the future), so that leaves Asttina and Cherry Valentine. Perhaps I ought to watch her iPlayer documentary before writing her off, but I remember nothing about her - if I was listing all the queens from the franchise, she'd be the last one I'd remember or forgot completely, I'm sure.

Yeah she won the first challenge in an ASOS jacket. Not H&M

Oh that's right :D She absolutely didn't deserve the win, but I remember thinking how rare it must be for someone to win and then quickly get the chop

Morgan and Mayhem were fabulously rotted on Bing Queens for this. Not immediately, but they truly had had enough with Blu and Juju before later collapsing into crackles worthy of Mad and Hell at Earnest's funeral.

I think an ideal All Stars for me would be:

Bimini
Tayce
A'Whora
Tia Kofi
Divina De Campo
Baga Chipz (despite this series)
Ella Vaday
Kitty Scott Claus
Choriza May
Charity Kase
Veronica Green

Not a major fan of Divina OR Ella but they're runners up so it would be right. Joe Black would probably never.

Saying that I'd pay to see a car crash version involving:

Sister Sister
Veronica again
Gothy Kendoll
Ginny Lemon

The point is even now they have loads of potentials so I hope the international version doesn't fuck it all up

I had the pleasure of the rather RIGID fashion photo ruview with Shea and Rajah O’Hara, both looking at some point off camera and wiffling along quite boringly. Shea really isn’t much of a host

I LOVE Cheryl.

And I love Blu and her hot husband but she's giving me Blair I'm a Bad Girl Now St Clair in AS5.

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: VoR
Why was Baga not read for wear NO LASHES again?

I swear if she survives a design challenge :zombie:

Someone (possibly on here but maybe not) said that the most appealing thing about Blu originally was that it felt like she was a really creative queen who'd grown up crafting things in her room on a low budget. It just feels like that's been lost and she's surrendered to the bad sex jokes thing she has going on now because RuPaul told her that she was funny that one time in Snatch Game.

I had the pleasure of the rather RIGID fashion photo ruview with Shea and Rajah O’Hara, both looking at some point off camera and wiffling along quite boringly. Shea really isn’t much of a host

Oh I loved Raja. The Jimbo make-up comments were interesting though. I'd watch them every week!

Someone (possibly on here but maybe not) said that the most appealing thing about Blu originally was that it felt like she was a really creative queen who'd grown up crafting things in her room on a low budget. It just feels like that's been lost and she's surrendered to the bad sex jokes thing she has going on now because RuPaul told her that she was funny that one time in Snatch Game.
Does she also crack bad sex jokes in real life ?

But then also IMMEDIATELY told her the episode after that that it got her through the Snatch Game but that she really shouldn't start taking it up as the BE ALL AND END ALL of her shtick!

I like Blu, and it was one of the more creative talent shows, she’s got interesting runway ideas (this week might have been, for a totally different runway category)

It’s Baga I’m gunning for. Running a catchphrase into the ground, great start. I liked the tacky camp of dressing as Di for the entrance look. But considering how famous she keeps saying she is, the budget or maybe the concepts haven’t caught up. That supposed Oscar was the boogerest thing there - Oscars are gold aren’t they? Certainly that’s what she thought when she bought the child’s gold face paint for her entire makeup story, but it’s a shame the Joan of Arc outfit off Amazon only came in silver. “Camp!!” :rolleyes:

I think an ideal All Stars for me would be:

Bimini
Tayce
A'Whora
Tia Kofi
Divina De Campo
Baga Chipz (despite this series)
Ella Vaday
Kitty Scott Claus
Choriza May
Charity Kase
Veronica Green

Not a major fan of Divina OR Ella but they're runners up so it would be right. Joe Black would probably never.

Saying that I'd pay to see a car crash version involving:

Sister Sister
Veronica again
Gothy Kendoll
Ginny Lemon

The point is even now they have loads of potentials so I hope the international version doesn't fuck it all up
I would like another series and then an AllStars, even with this UK vs series. I think all the AllStar series should come at 4 season intervals to be honest.

Imagine the potential line ups we’d have for the American AllStars if we were only half way towards AllStars 4 at this point.

For a UK AllStars I’d like

Divina
Crystal
Blu
Tayce
Awhora
Asstina
Kitty
Ella
Choriza
S4
S4