Eurovision Rewatch: 1997 18/04 (20.00 BST)

And I can’t a new charger delivered until THURSDAY. Surely that’s an essential product I’m gonna go MAD without it.

We'll manage to pull this thread over 2000 posts soon enough. JOLLY GOOD.

And I can’t a new charger delivered until THURSDAY. Surely that’s an essential product I’m gonna go MAD without it.
If it makes you feel any better I’m at work at 9 on Thursday so will probably miss the last Wednesday rewatch duck

Anyway what were everyone’s OVERALL views of 1997? Certainly lived up to how I expected it.

Very strong first two songs and last two songs. Between those, Italy was excellent.

He's actually off with some other friends tonight. He pocket dialled me a bit ago, he was talking to someone about 'rubbing the lotion on its skin'. From the screaming it sounded like quite a party!
Well I'm sure he's using his good judgement to social distance appropriately.

I've ordered a couple of things on Amazon this weekend that have said they'll be delivered on Thursday, but they've been despatched the same day with next day delivery now due. I think they're just hedging their bets with the delivery date so you might get it sooner!

According to some comments from in-the-know people last night, Italy only entered in 1997 (having previous withdrawn in '94) because RAI forgot to submit the paperwork confirming their withdrawal, so they would have had to pay a fine either way.

What a fortuitous admin error for us! (Though less so for Belgium who were relegated due to poor performance the previous year and presumably would have taken the free slot)

According to some comments from in-the-know people last night, Italy only entered in 1997 (having previous withdrawn in '94) because RAI forgot to submit the paperwork confirming their withdrawal, so they would have had to pay a fine either way.

What a fortuitous admin error for us! (Though less so for Belgium who were relegated due to poor performance the previous year and presumably would have taken the free slot)

This is true - and Jalisse were NOT well supported during or after

I remember almost all of the forum bants, but very little of the songs. Would I be apt to blame that on the two bottles of cider as opposed to the fact that the entries just weren't particularly memorable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom