Greece 2024: Marina Satti - Zari

We might be in for something a bit more traditional from Greece based on this choice.

This is her biggest hit to date

Hmm and now they are opening song submissions?

Her back catalogue is not without its charms (albeit a bit one-note).

Also, poor Evangelia.

Yeah bit odd that they're having an open song submission when she seems to primarily write her own stuff. We'll see.

Interesting choice, she’s been on the wish list of Greeks on various Eurovision forums for a decade now. I feel like this should be a step up from Victor :D

I didn't realise it was Greece's 50th Eurovision anniversary next year. Perhaps that's why they're making a bit more of an effort.

Her latest song has been very divisive (i love it tho).

She's half Sudanese, I don't think we've had anyone else from Sudan so far in the contest but I could be wrong.

My only reservation to this is that they're asking for song submissions, surely she writes all her own stuff? Surely they wouldn't lump her with a generic songwriting camp song :zombie:

It would be impossible for ERT to do things right, wouldn't it? Of course they left room for something to go horribly wrong.
On the good side DT are working for Cyprus, but someone needs to check on Y&L.

Why bother asking for submissions if you’re just going to declare they’re ALL SHIT?!?
The public criticises ERT for the habit of chosing internally. These past 2 years ERT is trying to disguise internal selection by faking openness (last year 70 appointed by ERT members of the public would co-decide, this year anyone could enter a song for Marina).

Marina shared a story on instagram saying that the news of her listening to 180 songs and rejecting them all is fiction as she was in India for the marriage of her brother.

Thoroughly expecting her thunder to be stolen by Cyprus sending the banger Greece deemed not good enough to send itself.

Was it one of the dog turds submitted by the Greek public?
GEI4_foWcAAWcof

Unsurprisingly, the reveal for this won't be until March. She has said that she wants people to dance to her song, so at least it's uptempo!

• Love
Reactions: VoR
Oh yes I forgot THIS was due to be QUITE THE SEXY TREAT :disco:

Thank GOD the Greeks are going back to the classic SHAKING THEIR TITS TO A BOUZOUKI formula!

The singular in English is die! But it's not used often. "Dice" to mean one is more often used, but technically incorrect.
Oh! I wondered if that may be the case why poor google says DIE for one but dice for many but never heard anyone saying roll the die in my life so 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom