Introduce yourself

I like the look of this. Moopy - :basil: what gives?

Anyway I was looking for a new home, not too large and not too small and I stumbled upon this - I think I will like it because it looks totally bonkers! :rolleyes:

Hi squonk. Welcome to moopy. Please tell us 7 things about yourself that are worthy of a buzzfeed article.

Hmm.. seven items... okay, I'll be back after dinner. :)

Guten Tag Squonk. You could start now with ONE thing to whet our ravenous appetites

Okay well I did have seven written down but when I posted it I got logged out so everything got lost, I have to start over.

1. My username is a mythical creature found in the artwork of the Genesis album, A Trick Of The Tail. Squonk is also a song on that album. Another song from that album is my most favourite song ever!

^^^ foot fetish? :toyah:

2. I am on the autism spectrum, however treat me no different, I love to learn though I am bound to misunderstand a bunch of stuff.

3. I have a curry fetish and I can eat Phal with tindaloo being my average strength, I love lamb and duck.

The rest.

4. I love letters and words so I am usually playing Scrabble on my tablet or doing a crossword or watching Countdown.

5. Music is my life really, almost all kinds, if I like it I like it. If I was to say a favourite band past and present? Genesis (naturally) and Red House Painters. I really love trance though and happy to see electronica and dance covered here at Moopy.

6. Sport - Cricket, darts and a bit of football - I have been watching the Euro championship - Germany has the best national anthem doesn't it?

7. I am almost 50 which is middle-aged? Who's the oldest and youngest at Moopy?!

Last edited:
One more thing, I usually have to edit everything I post, mostly because my typing is clumsy but also the predictive text thingummy on my tab.

There's some coding you can remove from the CSS (edit reason or last edit) and it takes out the 'last edited' and wouldn't show up then.

6. Sport - Cricket, darts and a bit of football - I have been watching the Euro championship - Germany has the best national anthem doesn't it?

7. I am almost 50 which is middle-aged? Who's the oldest and youngest at Moopy?!

I think I prefer most national anthems over the British one, it just feels a bit self-indulgent. I actually LOVE the Russian national anthem, so I was a bit miffed when our fans booed over it.

As far as age goes, we're quite a mature bunch on Moopy. There's someone on here called Jaetike - she'll claim that she's not yet twenty, but she's actually 67. I think most people on here are in the 30-50 age range.

I can add an 8th too ButterTart, fave TV show Family Guy, fave platform game, SuperMarioWorld.

The English anthem I think is dull, why didn't they use the Sex Pistols song?

And... can someone help me how to post a video? If I use the flash there will be the parenthesis so only the link shows if I put the whole URL between - should I just be putting the video number, example, EnF1CGsiqsI if it's YouTube?

Thanks.:swede:

Last edited:
I advice you to post the whole list in one post next time. We dislike postwhoring.

"You could start now with ONE thing to whet our ravenous appetites"

I can see you like Tori so be nice to me now.

Okay well I did have seven written down but when I posted it I got logged out so everything got lost, I have to start over.

1. My username is a mythical creature found in the artwork of the Genesis album, A Trick Of The Tail. Squonk is also a song on that album. Another song from that album is my most favourite song ever!

Welcome Squonk!

A Trick of The Tail (single not the album) is the ONLY Genesis song that I like so that would make it my favourite Genesis song, right? I'm Floppet, I'm almost 47 and I like smoking fags, swearing and DIY.

When you discovered Moopy did you register straight away or did you lurk for a while?

Welcome Squonk!

A Trick of The Tail (single not the album) is the ONLY Genesis song that I like so that would make it my favourite Genesis song, right? I'm Floppet, I'm almost 47 and I like smoking fags, swearing and DIY.

When you discovered Moopy did you register straight away or did you lurk for a while?

Erm, I lurked for over ten minutes! A forum has to be busy enough first of all, not a dead rubber, then you look for some craziness, I read some threads and posts and then decided I would give it a whirl. I like the forum structure and don't like Facebook or Twatter and I was searching for a new place to hang out - hope I have found one.

Erm, I lurked for over ten minutes! A forum has to be busy enough first of all, not a dead rubber, then you look for some craziness, I read some threads and posts and then decided I would give it a whirl. I like the forum structure and don't like Facebook or Twatter and I was searching for a new place to hang out - hope I have found one.

I found the place accidentally in 2007 and I've never looked back. If they let the likes of me stick around you should be fine.

So, the first nosey personal question, are you male or female? I'd guess male from your interesting snippets above but could very well be just stereotyping you. :D

I found the place accidentally in 2007 and I've never looked back. If they let the likes of me stick around you should be fine.

So, the first nosey personal question, are you male or female? I'd guess male from your interesting snippets above but could very well be just stereotyping you. :D

You're right Floppet, but if there is an afterlife I think I would like to return as a lady next time.

Are we talking Gabriel era Genesis, or the later stuff?

Are we talking Gabriel era Genesis, or the later stuff?

Gabriel primarily.

A Trick Of The Tail, And Then There Were Three, first albums, then I started to listen to the early works, found that I loved Trespass - latter-day Genesis is okay, I love Invisible Touch and could even cope with Calling All Stations.

Hi Squonk. Are you a fan of European pop legend Tomos Ledin?

Hi Squonk. Are you a fan of European pop legend Tomos Ledin?

No, I really have not heard of him. And so I looked that up - 'Swedish singer, songwriter, guitarist, and producer' - I will listen later - one of my favourite female singers is Swedish too, Stina Nordenstam.

Oh I love a bit of Stina Nordenstam. Well I *SAY* love, I mean I love the song on the Romeo & Juliet soundtrack obs but I didn't bother listening to that album with the blue raincoat more than once.

Oh I love a bit of Stina Nordenstam. Well I *SAY* love, I mean I love the song on the Romeo & Juliet soundtrack obs but I didn't bother listening to that album with the blue raincoat more than once.

I loved Little Star and the video. A GF at the time bought me the album it was on, I also have Memories Of A Colour.

Given that poor Squonk tragically died of mildew complications, I think we should turn our attentions to the somewhat mysterious @Hak, not least because he too has a K in his name, as indeed have I after Su-Claire's horrific demise. Oh the torn limbs and squashed, elderly face. Obviously we already know almost everything there is to know about Kala thanks to that top secret Minitel fax service :disco:

HELLO HAK. Tell us a secret :horny:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hak, do you walk like Jack and love like Mary and are you more than a bit of a queen? (Yes, I know that's also the very lovely @ButterTart but I'm familiar with that sort :disco:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hak needs to start providing answers to these burning questions, we don't need another Ask Breathe Anything on our hands.

While we're interrogating folk, someone needs to spill the beans on how poor Susan Claire died. @Zu-Klara might have had no hand in it, but ever since she turned up here I've smelt something fishy.

That'll be the enduring stench of her ponging lingerie darlin'. They tried to get her to rinse but she was very much one of the Quentin Crisp school, claiming that the body cleans itself after 10 years. God that morgue stank like a pile of rotting puffins

Thank God a sharp pair of hairdressing scissors and a hammer saw to that silly conjoined business before I was sent off to Schmedeswurtherwesterdeich. I mean the poor dear had my sympathies but there's only so much you can do with Ambi Pur

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom